Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
That last paragraph is funny. It’s very difficult to do anything of note, when you’ve not had much of a chance :lol:
And the whole squad was playing a bit meh before Bruno came here.

Van de Beek on the other hand only ever seems to come on as a substitute for Bruno (our best player) and hardly gets to play with him in the same first 11 which must effect his gameplay too.

Van De Beek especially is a goalscorer from midfield more than a creator and once the creator like Bruno comes off - I dont really know who sets up Van de Beeks intelligent runs.

Chief123

And the whole squad was playing a bit meh before Bruno came here.

Van de Beek on the other hand only ever seems to come on as a substitute for Bruno (our best player) and hardly gets to play with him in the same first 11 which must effect his gameplay too.

Van De Beek especially is a goalscorer from midfield more than a creator and once the creator like Bruno comes off - I dont really know who sets up Van de Beeks intelligent runs.
I find the criticism of him very surprising on here. He’s literally played well in virtually every game or cameo he’s played barring one where the whole team was crap in the first half against West Ham.

A lot here will eat their words in the future when he gets a run of games and they realise how good he is.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That last paragraph is funny. It’s very difficult to do anything of note, when you’ve not had much of a chance :lol:
If he'd been killing it in training and showed class in his appearances he would've had more chances though, dont you think? Bruno got plenty of chances right away since it was clear he was very good.

Chief123

If he'd been killing it in training and showed class in his appearances he would've had more chances though, dont you think? Bruno got plenty of chances right away since it was clear he was very good.
You don’t think he’s played well in the games he’s featured in?

Killing it in games doesn’t really guarantee you games. Our best centre back performance so far this season was Tuanzebe against PSG. He got dropped the next game and has barely featured yet we have AWB, Lindelof and Maguire who have put some awful performances in at times but get picked every game. So that logic doesn’t really work.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Or he’s not playing because of Bruno playing a similar position

Everton 0:2 Man Utd

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's getting quite hard to see where he fits in, he continues to look lost with very little influence on the game.

Perhaps his United career hinges on Pogba departing otherwise he looks like a luxury player.

NinjaFletch

What worries me the most about Donny is that I can't even see the supposed glimpses of quality to make me think he can be an asset for us. It's all just so, so bland.

At this point, I would me more surprised if he made it here than I would be to see him back at Ajax in 2022 at a £15-20m loss for us.

I'm also not sure I've ever seen him take more than two touches when he's passed to.

Jaae

Not ITK
He's a drifter. Just roams around when we're in possession then disappears when we're not. He doesn't seem to like having the ball at his feet.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His runs are continuously and completely being ignored by everyone. Sad state of affairs. He would just be another normal player if we dont play to what he excels at.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His runs are continuously and completely being ignored by everyone. Sad state of affairs. He would just be another normal player if we dont play to what he excels at.
Yeah, I’ve said it before, and it sounds a little bit wordy, but, he’s a ‘system player’, and we’re a side of individual freedom in the final third. I don’t think we’ll ever see him at his very best here. He just doesn’t fit, truly.

432JuanMata

I can now see why he doesn’t start he is better than what we have seen but I didn’t see the reason we bought him. He has made our squad stronger at least he comes on instead of Lingard etc but he definitely doesn’t deserve or shown enough to be starting week in week out

acnumber9

What’s the point in passing to him when he just passes it straight back to you? Needs to do a lot more with the ball.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Very early days, but I struggle to see what VDB offers us that a 32 year old Mata does not.

He seems extremely lightweight and gets shrugged off the ball way too easily, distinct lack of pace too. Hopefully its just a settling in period.

Member 90887

Average game. Still getting used to the league.

Clearly, people moaning about why he's not playing think they know more about football than they really do.

The staff are clearly trying to ease him in slowly. So just let them do their job and stop moaning.

Hopefully, next year with pogba gone, he'll step up.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’m really trying but just don’t see it, he doesn’t seem to do enough for me. He’s not particularly creative or defensive, just a middle-of-the-road type player.

He’s not a bad player, just seems average and I can see why we were unchallenged in signing him.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I feel for the lad, it's just not clicking for him yet, but it's very early days both in his United career and his career as a whole. The lad's 23 and only been here a few months. He's got plenty of time to find his rhythm in this team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What’s the point in passing to him when he just passes it straight back to you? Needs to do a lot more with the ball.
That happened in the second half in deeper areas, but he was making quite a few good runs that weren't found.

I think he just needs a run of games, it's very tough to make cameos and make an instant impact every time. He had a couple of good performances for us, Leipzig at OT and Southampton being examples. Then a stinker vs West Ham (Where the team were shite) and an indifferent one today. I think people's expectations are just too high for him - he's 23 and needs time & patience to find his feet here.

kundalini

He was ok. Not involved that much out on the left. Had a shot blocked early on.

Lots of players have a difficult first season. Not obvious to me where he should play in the team; perhaps it will become clear in time.

UmbroDays

He’s playing with no confidence and no ambition.

I don’t think he would have been a first team player at Madrid, and I’m wondering he he should have gone to Roma or stayed at Ajax

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Won't help being played out of position, but he's just a very forgettable player. Very neat and tidy but ultimately very forgetful.

dogwithabone

Tidy enough without really running the show. Hope there’s more to come but he really does need to stamp his authority on matches.

KW2006

Such a strange player that i can imagine him doing well for Barca, but not for us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Very forgettable performance from him.

Something is not yet working for him, but it's clear to me what Ole isn't giving him best XI status yet. I'm hoping its still the adjustment into Premier League football, and adjusting to Ole's tactics; it took Fred more than a year to get up to speed.

Im not overly worried yet, but I hope Donny himself realises he needs to develop and grow, rather than be sulking and pissed that he is just a squad player right now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He has to play in Brunos position and Bruno is probably the best in the world in that position. That or else in MF where Pogba was.

ash_86

Not sure what he brings to the team. Some quick passing for sure but overlooking that i don't see much. I hope he finds his niche in this team as we are slowly but surely getting better.

AshRK

He will come good. The boy has footballing brain, just need things to fall in place. Anyone writing him off this soon needs to be patient.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Well one thing is his attributes and overall quality, but second is how we use him. Personally I'm not a fan of those "roaming" players, doesn't seem particularly effective unless you implement a very specific system.

I believe he could help us more playing deeper though, I'm still not sure what was the idea behind thus transfer.

tjb

Attacking depth is 40m these days. Let's just call it what it is, he's here for when Pogba/Bruno/Fred/Mctominay/Rashford/Greenwood need a rest. An upgrade for Lingard and Pereira.

Status
Not open for further replies.