5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Msuker

VDB is not better than Bruno or Pogba of the last month, and he will perhaps be the first person to recognise that.

No idea, mate. Either he was a board signing or Ole lost faith in him after watching him up close. Still wish we had spent double what we spent on Donny for Grealish like Ole obviously wanted. I'd be so much more confident with him here.
Yeah maybe he's a board signing and Ole is making a point that he won't be forced into playing players he didn't want...

I had doubts about Grealish but happy to admitt I was wrong and would love him to sign for us!

Matt851

we won a difficult game. Our midfielders did well. Couldn’t care less if he doesn’t get on the pitch when we are winning.
We had literally zero control over the game for the last 20 mins. Surely he would have helped with that particularly given bruno was dying on his arse at the end

Sylar

Would have brought him on for martial when we were leading 2-1 just to hold the ball more and get into a diamond shape

Would be nice if he starts weekend and Bruno is on the bench but doubt it

AgentSmith

He is someone maybe Woodward pushed on Ole after Grealish didnt sign and Pogba is shaking.

It was an emergency last day signing aswell.

Just not going to fit Ole's teams.
He was signed about a month before the transfer window ended.

We did today. Next time we might not be so lucky. We were inches away from a gut wrenching equaliser today.
and what would DVDB be able to do about that?

with every game DVDB misses his reputation gets bigger with some people...

McT only came on in the 80 something minute, and I’d have him and Matic over him.

lost7

When we were winning, Fulham was putting us under the pressure and Bruno kept losing the ball, I would have immediately put VdB. He couldn't have done any worse really

Foxbatt

He is not better than Bruno or Pogba. But he can play better than Martial or Greenwood when we need to control the tempo and game.

Matt851

He is not better than Bruno or Pogba. But he can play better than Martial or Greenwood when we need to control the tempo and game.
Why does he have to be better than them, he is supposed to be a rotation option. He may well be better than them at retaining possession hence why he would have been useful late in the game

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Obviously, Donny played in Cup game so that people would get off Ole back for not using him.

I'd be very surprised if he starts getting any game time, he has some strong attributes but clearly what he brings to the team Ole doesn't value.

Infestissumam

in all seriousness, freezing him out like that is insane. People can say "he's not better than Bruno or Pogba" all they want, but the fact remains that he hasn't played a single minute in the last 6 league games and a total of 29 minutes in the last 9. That is absolute madness when you consider the brutal schedule. Just take today's game, we looked dead tired. Are you're telling me we have no use for Donny even when Bruno is half dead out there?

I really rate him, but if that's how he's used, we should have never even signed him. That's 40m that could have been spent on other areas.

Redlyn

Why are people so impatient and desperate for him to play. I don't get it. I didn't see all this begging for minutes when Fred couldn't get a look in last season. If we could have got more favourable draws in cups he would have played more. There is the Europa League as well coming up and maybe if we are comfortable in some prem games. Just give it time. Its way too early for all this fussing. Maybe an injury will be his break or Pogba leaving, or him seizing his moment...but people need to be patient with it. It's like history has tought you nothing about new players coming into this league.

PoTMS

and what would DVDB be able to do about that?

with every game DVDB misses his reputation gets bigger with some people...

McT only came on in the 80 something minute, and I’d have him and Matic over him.
Are you struggling to understand? We have a subs bench for a reason. Fernandes was struggling, again. Van de Beek was supposedly signed to act as his deputy. Give him the chance.

Are you struggling to understand? We have a subs bench for a reason. Fernandes was struggling, again. Van de Beek was supposedly signed to act as his deputy. Give him the chance.
because I disagree with you, I’m struggling to understand? Good one.

he’s done nothing to suggest he should be on the pitch. I’d put McT and Matic on ahead of him, and so did Ole.

he will get games. Unusually for us, we have had no injuries in midfield, otherwise he would have played more. Perhaps he’s shit in training?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
because I disagree with you, I’m struggling to understand? Good one.

he’s done nothing to suggest he should be on the pitch. I’d put McT and Matic on ahead of him, and so did Ole.

he will get games. Unusually for us, we have had no injuries in midfield, otherwise he would have played more. Perhaps he’s shit in training?
He's done nothing to suggest he should be on the pitch? The only time he got some minutes was against Watford where he was statistically the best midfielder, better than McTominay, even defensively. Sure 1 game isn't enough. But that's all the chances he got so far.

He's done nothing to suggest he should be on the pitch? The only time he got some minutes was against Watford where he was statistically the best midfielder, better than McTominay, even defensively. Sure 1 game isn't enough. But that's all the chances he got so far.
bingo. We have lots of midfielders, and they’ve all done well - he’s down the pecking list. You don’t just get minutes because you haven’t had any.

can you justify him being ahead of Bruno. Pogba, McT, Fred then Matic... I can’t.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He should chin up, the minutes will come soon enough. Not long to go until EL returns. And the March international break is just around the corner too.

MAME DIOUF 32

Where does he play and what does he do? I can't remember the last time I was hoping he'd come on. If Pogba signs a new contract then he needs to get out of here.

JG3001

Catch 22: done nothing to warrant being on the pitch because he can’t get on the pitch to do anything.

It’s not that I think he should be starting over other players atm, but it’s bizarre he can’t get 15 minutes at the end of a game, especially when other players on the pitch have looked dead on their feet. All the midfielders have had some absolutely dreadful performances recently where you would think he would have come on as a replacement.

The post above about him having played 29 minutes in last 9 games is pretty mental. That comes across as an agenda to me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Catch 22: done nothing to warrant being on the pitch because he can’t get on the pitch to do anything.

It’s not that I think he should be starting over other players atm, but it’s bizarre he can’t get 15 minutes at the end of a game, especially when other players on the pitch have looked dead on their feet. All the midfielders have had some absolutely dreadful performances recently where you would think he would have come on as a replacement.

The post above about him having played 29 minutes in last 9 games is pretty mental. That comes across as an agenda to me.
Our wide-forwards are really not in form. The obvious option is we drop one of them, push Pogba further forward where he's having a bit of joy and we put Van de Beek in central. Or if he's just terrible, we're a bit fecked and have to persist with out of form options.

Red00012

He’ll start Sunday and be whipped after 60 mins

needs resting ahead of his next game in May

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He should chin up, the minutes will come soon enough. Not long to go until EL returns. And the March international break is just around the corner too.
He can't even get minutes during the congested holiday period.

He'll only get to play EL games which is a waste of him.

Adamsk7

We used to have players like Sheringham, Park, Nani and Ole himself on our bench, all of which are better players than Donny is at the moment. I can’t understand how anyone is moaning he’s not playing - literally the players that are in his best positions, Bruno and Pogba, are undroppable at the moment, which is clear to see. Yes we can fit him in on the right, left etc but why should we? We have players that are more natural in those positions that aren’t getting games - if we fit him in out of position it’s just for the sake of it.

He’ll get his chance and like I’ve always said, he’s got to prove he deserves his place. If he doesn’t he sits on the bench or leaves, simple as.

Brightonian

I was surprised he didn't come on for Martial in the second half. The pitch and the play were so narrow, and Martial so anonymous, that it wouldn't have mattered that it's technically a 'wide' position.

Then again this isn't so much about DVB as it is about Solskjaer's unwillingness to make any subs at all until it's far too late for them to prevent the momentum sliding out of our hands. The subs he made were good ones - Rash and McT on for Greenwood and Martial - but came 15/20 mins too late. Fulham'd had fresh legs on for long enough by then to have taken control of the swing of the game, which never should have happened.

Ah well. Presumably he'll play on Sunday.

AFC NimbleThumb

So. . . the lad Caftards were lauding as Pogba’s replacement can’t actually get minutes on the pitch alongside Pogba let alone ahead of the man. . . I look forward to next season when we’re told he’s settled :lol:

It’s obvious to see from his time at Ajax he’s a good player but we’ve no actual spot for him; another poor allocation of transfer funds.

lex talionis

If Donny isn’t given a chance, he can’t prove anything. None of us can be sure why, and under whose direction, the club bought Donny, but it’s obvious now that we’ve spent 40m plus whatever his wages are on a player Ole feels cannot make a substantial contribution to the squad.

If it’s true we offered a transfer fee in the range of 80m for Sancho we should have instead agreed to the full asking price for him and waved best wishes to Van de Beek as he left Ajax for Real Madrid.

We have trust the manager that he knows what he’s doing in refusing to play Donny, but we caftards can safely say that the Donny Van de Beek who excelled for Ajax and was on Real’s shopping list is a footballer who should not be rotting on United’s bench and nowhere to be found in matches against clubs like Fulham.

SAFMUTD

As of today if feels we shit the bed with him, 40M spent and he can't even get minutes.

Not saying he won't make it since it's relatively still early, but for all the positions we need to strengthen this feels like wasted money.

croadyman

The worry I have got with Donny is if he cannot get minutes at all in the league then how will Ole ever know what he can produce in it given a run of games. I will admit that he didn't look great against Southampton/West Ham but he shouldn't be discarded just because of those performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.