5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

Ole does not say anything bad about his players and that is a good thing but I am leaning to not believing everything he says either; It goes back to when he said Alexis would come back an surprise everyone and the Pogba injury which he seemed clueless about and I cannot believe in the position he is in that he did not know more detail.
It is great that the players know he has their back but I must admit I take most things he says now with a pinch of salt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Big game for him. Not expecting him to be Bruno but a confident and energetic performance against Liverpool would be a boost and maybe get him competing for more PL gametime.

RedCurry

Seems like a perfect game for him to start. He’s very good against the press. Bruno gets a rest. Result of this game is not a make or break for our season. I hope he goes out and leaves everything on the pitch today.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ole does not say anything bad about his players and that is a good thing but I am leaning to not believing everything he says either; It goes back to when he said Alexis would come back an surprise everyone and the Pogba injury which he seemed clueless about and I cannot believe in the position he is in that he did not know more detail.
It is great that the players know he has their back but I must admit I take most things he says now with a pinch of salt.
Everything about what Ole said here makes perfect sense though. The player is not happy about his situation, knows he needs to work bla bla.

Regardless, I'm happy the manager always backs the players in public, we never need any public criticism.

Devil81

Big game for him today, puts in a decent display in this game and he's hard to drop.

PoTMS

He's a quality player. Hope he gets to show his quality today to prove his doubters wrong. Odd that certain posters have already written him off, I remember one saying a few days back he's worse than Matic and McTominay.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Such a strange thing to play him as second striker. Never seems like a danger, and almost all of his good moves come when he plays deeper, so why don't we play him there instead?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Donny on the pitch is like me in social situations. Nice and polite, but no-one notices when you leave and you won't feature in any of the highlights the next day.

Adamsk7

I feel for him because he isn’t getting loads of minutes so it’s hard to be match sharp BUT he just seems very timid. Some players come and puff their chest out immediately, others shrink away immediately and some take a bit more time. Let’s hope he’s the last one

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If it works out for him here it won't be playing in that role.

Lassitude42

For the first 30 minutes he was jogging around without imposing himself on the game at all. Did well for the last 15 minutes of the first half.

His defensive contribution is very modest

He'sRaldo

The buildup of our attacks are better when he's on the pitch, despite him not playing the final pass or scoring the goal.

He's a good possession-based midfielder, but in order to replace Bruno or Pogba he'll need to score and assist.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I actually thought he did alright today, just needs momentum and a run of games.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Think his game is more suited to playing deeper. Not sure having him in a deeper position currently suits this team. If Pogba leaves and our midfield reconfigures itself a bit it might suit him more.

That said, he was fine. He just wasn't enough of a threat for someone occupying that role.

el3mel

Feel like there's nothing to talk about.. I had a hard time noticing he was playing to be honest.

Decent lad but I think he just doesn't suit what we're building towards.

Kazi

Whoever thought it was a good idea to sign van de Beek should be seriously questioned in their position.

This isn’t a criticism of the player per se, but how can you have watched/studied him and think he’d be a good fit for our style and system?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Was looking forward to seeing him play but he wasn’t in the game enough, pretty non-existent. I’m struggling to see what he brings.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's a quality player. Hope he gets to show his quality today to prove his doubters wrong. Odd that certain posters have already written him off, I remember one saying a few days back he's worse than Matic and McTominay.
crazy. Typical Knee jerk cafe
Whoever said that was right. Donny is our worst midfielder.

Bobski

Nice, tidy player but at the moment he is looking like an upgraded Cleverley, old Mata type player, not very impactful or a difference maker.

SAFMUTD

Not shifty but not special, struggling to see why we paid so much for him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That play in the first half where he had a one on one to either shoot or play a square pass to Cavani and he turned back to play the safe ball into midfield sums it up for him. Either his confidence is extremely low due to a lack of game time or he's not that good. I don't even see the typical hustle and pressing that he used to have back at Ajax.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He wasn't bad but he can be too passive for my liking at times.
Like drop a bit deep, get on the ball.
Weird signing.

gica_7

I can't quite understand the negativity. In the first half he did alright with simple touches. In the second half, yes he was not that that involved but it just takes time for some players. Especially for the ones that can't get the run of the games, like Bernardo with City.

I am sure he will be okey. Quality is just there. And at that price, he is still a bargain.

We need an rvn

He's Fred v2 in the sense it's obviously taking him much longer to adjust to the PL than Bruno.

I'm not worried at all about him and expect to see more of him next season. He's still young enough to adjust. The ere divisie is no match to the PL, much faster too but he has the technical ability to improve our midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.