5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arka_BleedingRed

How does this guy not start, but the likes of James and Scott does, especially James? Truly baffling selection by Ole.

ShinjiNinja26

Head scratching to say the least. Especially after getting on the score sheet for his country during the week and Pogba being poor this was the perfect time to start him. :houllier:

Castia

It’s 4 games into the season, and we have a lot of midfielders. There’s nothing untoward here. He’s being integrated into the team.
Nah not when our midfield have been so poor. You’d understand if Pogba was playing well but he’s been shite and isn’t fit.

Jev

Yeah, I was supporting the decision to ease him in but not starting him today is baffling.

TsuWave

Nah not when our midfield have been so poor. You’d understand if Pogba was playing well but he’s been white and isn’t fit.
Bruno hasn’t been great either. Ole was likely giving his most talented players time, but now that he’s dropped Pogba I was expecting VDB to start. Odd decision.

Bwuk

If he doesn’t start vs PSG he must be wondering wtf he signed up for.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Got PSG, Chelsea, RB Leipzig and Arsenal next four games. I reckon we'll be seeing plenty of him in them. While we're desperate for a win, rotating the squad for this game is the correct thing to do.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Part of the reason the VDB signing made sense to me was that (based on the positions he played in at Ajax) he could cover both Fernandes and Pogba's positions in the team.

If he only gets used as an alternative to Fernandes then it's a bit weird. Don't see why we'd prefer a McTominay/Fred midfield in this game, unless we're just resting players for bigger games coming up.

Shark

@NotShark
Baffling decision to leave him out, excusing it as Ole wanting to rest him is also as baffling. We desperately need to bounce back after being humiliated

izec

He is just not that good. If Ole and the coaching staff think he isnt all that, then he must be unimpressive

VivaRonaldo85

Baffled by this. I appreciate the tough fixtures coming but surely tonight’s game is the priority. He either trains awfully or Ole is that single minded with his formation, he has no idea how to incorporate him into the team when Bruno also starts.

lilcurt

Don't get what this guy needs to do to get a start. Conversely what have Fred or McTominay done this season to both start over him.

The board are the biggest problem we have but Ole's managerial abilities are also losing me.

peridigm

He is just not that good. If Ole and the coaching staff think he isnt all that, then he must be unimpressive
You’re implying he is wasn’t on Ole’s list then? Woodward signing? Otherwise, you don’t scout a player, watch them, sign them, and then decide they’re not good enough after 3-4 weeks.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
How does this guy not start, but the likes of James and Scott does, especially James? Truly baffling selection by Ole.
Stiffening up midfield the reason for Scott, counter attacking the reason for James I would think. We must stop giving opposing teams chances and lots of space.

LS17

You’re implying he is wasn’t on Ole’s list then? Woodward signing? Otherwise, you don’t scout a player, watch them, sign them, and then decide they’re not good enough after 3-4 weeks.
[/QUOTE

Seems very likely that Grealish was his first choice, so he may still be unconvinced

Adamsk7

He’s been great in the appearances he’s had, scored on international duty and he’s back on the bench tonight. Gotta say, he’s light years ahead of Scott or James so I am really surprised and disappointed he’s not playing. I’m definitely not Ole out but I am starting, finally, to question some of his decisions.

el3mel

Sublime player. Time to make him a starter please. Has an impact every time he steps on the pitch. The counter he started in 2nd goal was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.