5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenZRed

He is a great player. Really has that technical Dutch magic.

I loved his long passing after we scored the third goal too. They were perfect.

Utdstar01

He's really really good. Him and Bruno really complement each other.

My only worry is how our defence copes without 2 holding midfielders if we play both VdB and Bruno full time
We need a quality, athletic defensive midfielder.

Obiorahking_

More signings like him. When you are press resistant it really helps out your team and mind you I thought he still could have done a little bit better but I’m happy with his performance

Superunknown

My thoughts as well. Doesn't lose the ball to a press too often, recycles it well, doesn't shy away from ambitious, direct passes and puts in a shift both going forward and tracking back.
Agree with all of that. I thought he had a good game and kept the ball well before moving it on. Love the look of him, Bruno and Fred in the same side.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
he's kind of a 7/10 midfielder, too tidy at times, need to show some courage to bring the ball forward, take a shot, he just lays it off first time all the time, which could be good to speed up the play but hopefully with time he will get more confidents to go by himself.

He was great in the last 10 minutes though, just need to upgrade Matic in that midfield and learn how to defend set pieces
People have complained that Pogba hasn't been 7/10 enough.

I think he was quite sensible and cautious today but if he keeps starting we'll see him take more risks. I think having someone to balance out Fernandes' at-all-costs style will be good for us

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Holy fecking shit he needs to learn to fecking shoot sometimes, he's got the complete opposite problem to Rashford. Apart from that he was good.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Thought he wasn't good at long balls because he hardly ever attempts them but he seems pretty good at it in the last minutes

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He must be a nightmare to play against him on training sessions.

The bigger pressure on him, the bigger equlibrium he displays. Almost always fraction of a second before opponent can reach the ball.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Tidy, and as some have said able to find a pass out of trouble in a way few can match at his club. I'd love him to look more likely to play a key pass into the danger area, never mind adding a goal or two, but perhaps that'll come if he's ever played in that more advanced position on a regular basis. For now he was given a role to knit things together and resist their press in the midfield and he did it very well for me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he tries to be a bit too cute at times.

He's a very tidy player though... Not phased by the press.

He's a bit slow though isn't he?

NinjaFletch

Thought he was weirdly sloppy on the ball given how tidy he has been up until now. Needs to be in the side though.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
People have complained that Pogba hasn't been 7/10 enough.

I think he was quite sensible and cautious today but if he keeps starting we'll see him take more risks. I think having someone to balance out Fernandes' at-all-costs style will be good for us
Yeah good point, it's not his job to be brave when we've got Bruno, Rashford and to a lesser extent Telles turning it over every five seconds.

cyberman

Reminds me of when Pogba came back last season and our midfield couldn't be pressed and we could play the ball through the middle.

M16Red

Towards the end of the game, them right to left balls over the top to Rashford were excellent.

At last someone does it to someone back.

Strelok

I'm curious if @UNITED ACADEMY still thinks he's just a carbon copy of Thomas Muller, and @Strelok still thinks "he is too weak" and that "he can't tackle"
Tbh I'm still thinking the same. You forgot the part slow. He was out muscled a number of time. But he did pretty ok this match, screw some of our attack but had some very good long pass for Rashford. Hope he can build on this and give us more :devil:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I thought he was weak and timid. Needs to take responsibility with the ball more, he's easily good enough. Pussies out with little flicks and cutbacks too often when he could try to shoot, play a penetrative pass, or just back himself to put his foot on the ball and wait for teammates to join him.

Holocene

He's the most press resistant player in the team. Showed that he has some passing range with the long ball to Rashford at the end too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tbh I'm still thinking the same. You forgot the part slow. He was out muscled a number of time. But he did pretty ok this match, screw some of our attack but had some very good long pass for Rashford. Hope he can build on this and give us more :devil:
Sounds like you didn't watch him much. He muscled out of tight areas very appropriately and made numerous tackles to win the ball. Will be interesting to see his stats to provide context.

Davicho

He lacks confidence in the final third. Don't think he was great, just a decent/good performance.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm curious if @UNITED ACADEMY still thinks he's just a carbon copy of Thomas Muller, and @Strelok still thinks "he is too weak" and that "he can't tackle"
He is. Playing different role doesn't mean both players don't have the same assets. You never watch Muller in midfield 3? Don't need to answer, you never. You don't watch Bayern & Bundesliga.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is. Playing different role doesn't mean both players don't have the same assets. You never watch Muller in midfield 3? Don't need to answer, you never. You don't watch Bayern & Bundesliga.
I've never seen Muller in a box to box role like Donny. Have you? How many times? I've certainly seen him as the most advanced of the 3. The fact is, Donny is more than just someone who works well in advanced areas, it's a lazy evaluation to suggest that's all he's about and he's shown that today for a 3rd time in a traditional midfield role.

Strelok

Sounds like you didn't watch him much. He muscled out of tight areas very appropriately and made numerous tackles to win the ball. Will be interesting to see his stats to provide context.
No he didn't. He did won some ball back for us by pressing hard though. He was pretty anonymous in the first 60' and screwed one very good pass from Bruno when he moved into the penalty box with Rashford by his side. But overall I think he did ok. Had some good moments and some bad moments, like everyone else today except Cavani :devil:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Lots of nice interplay throughout most of the game, playing a big part in us breaking their press. He was wasteful once he got into the final third though, with almost all his flicks and little passes going awry. A few of them were more the other players fault for not moving into the expected position, but most were VDB trying too hard in that position.

Almost the exact opposite of Bruno now that I think about it. VDB's little touches and flicks work almost perfectly throughout most of the pitch but doesn't work around the box, while Bruno's tend to work well around the box but can be quite wasteful in deeper positions.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He must be a nightmare to play against him on training sessions.

The bigger pressure on him, the bigger equlibrium he displays. Almost always fraction of a second before opponent can reach the ball.
He's probably a rondo king in training.

Teja

He is so damn good at all the basics, has Ajax stamped all over him. Unbelievable player - what I wished for Pogba to be all these years.

Probably won’t score / assist as many as Bruno but that’s just fine by me.

rooney2009

Thought him and Rashford went missing when we went 2-0 down
Hopefully there is more to come
He is a good player but not sure what his position is as He is definitely not as good as Bruno for the no 10 position

Status
Not open for further replies.