Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You said Donny is a "carbon copy" of Muller, which I said is presumptuous because he can also play in deeper areas well where Muller rarely ever plays anymore. Muller has made his position and solidified it whereas Donny is still making his craft as a midfielder. No one is making anything up, outside of you when you originally started quoting me in the first place.
Me: Donny is a ''carbon copy'' Muller as both have the same assets so Donny can play on the right like Muller.

VP89: You said Donny is just someone who works well in advanced areas not box to box.

:lol: Whether you replace ''like'' to ''carbon copy'' It doesn't change anything mate, stop arguing. I never say anything about Donny is only an advanced type of player or not box to box. The point stands, Donny can play on the right like in Muller's role.

imonkmc

does the basics efficiently, but today on 2 ocassions he should have taken a shot on goal instead of passing it

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I think the reason he doesn't shoot as much at the moment is because he still needs to claim that starting XI spot. Being greedy wouldn't look good if he misses. When he gets that spot he'll start shooting some more.

NinjaFletch

Funny enough I don’t think I saw him give the ball away.
He had the worst pass completion out of Fred, Matic and himself and that was exactly what my expectation was watching the game.

In fact, I'd say it was particularly noticeable how sloppy he was at times today because he normally is so assured. It's not the end of the world, mind, it was his first Premier League start, and Southampton are one of the better pressing sides in the league.

Strelok

That doesn't look great. Missing midweek i'd guess.
Probably but I don't think so. It's a bruise and with the current medical technologies he'll be fine in a few days. It's rather normal for a PL mid to get those after a match I think. Especially against that cnut Romeu.

McT is out so I think he'll play against PSG.

White Fury

Very intelligent player with great passing and quick thinking. Him and Bruno are 2 steps ahead of the rest. Can play high tempo game, keeps it simple and effective and is also great at one-twos.
Unlike Pogba who takes 5 touches before going ahead trying to dribble past 4 players thinking hes Messi and ends up losing the ball, then we concede a goal because of him.

Strelok

He had the worst pass completion out of Fred, Matic and himself and that was exactly what my expectation was watching the game.

In fact, I'd say it was particularly noticeable how sloppy he was at times today because he normally is so assured. It's not the end of the world, mind, it was his first Premier League start, and Southampton are one of the better pressing sides in the league.
Yeah it's his first full match in the PL, and against Sou. It was a tough match with an intense midfield battle. Sou have a good mid and is very combative. It's normal I think. Actually he did better than I expected. Except some of his touches and decisions in and around the box. Which I thought was his strength.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’ll be from the ward prowse foul In the first half, dirty feckers they were.

thought Donny was solid today, showed he can do the hard work and he’s not soft like some said. That’s the sort of game we usually lose the midfield battle but we won it today.

good effort. He’ll only get better too.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That’ll be from the ward prowse foul In the first half, dirty feckers they were.

thought Donny was solid today, showed he can do the hard work and he’s not soft like some said. That’s the sort of game we usually lose the midfield battle but we won it today.

good effort. He’ll only get better too.
Promising week for him. He'll get better for getting up to speed with the PL and the team adapting to his speed of play.

Moiraine

Gave the ball too many times to be honest. But he was at least trying and running all over the pitch. I am sure he will improve and commit less errors with more game time. I think he should be starting ahead if Pogba now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Gave the ball too many times to be honest. But he was at least trying and running all over the pitch. I am sure he will improve and commit less errors with more game time. I think he should be starting ahead if Pogba now.
Looking at his ankle it is amazing he could run at all.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s shown he can play in the diamond and after seeing him track back, intercept and tackle, I think he can play in the double pivot with Fred which would allow us to play Cavani up top as well.

Maybe not against everyone but a lot of low block teams.

Those saying he gave the ball away too often I have to agree, but I think the more he plays the less this happens... hopefully anyway.

Lebo

I think that's his best quality, stops us from slipping into pedestrian tempo and keeps everyone on their toes.
I admire that too but you can’t play one touch football the whole game. Sometimes you need to hold on to the ball a bit more

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was just a scrappy match in general. Playing the diamond isn’t really helpful for keeping the ball, it requires fast paced 1-2 football.

southampton like to make the match be ugly, and he came through it fine with a decent 2nd half. We know he can do the fancy stuff but today showed he can be gritty too

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Really? Did you watch whole match? When we were chasing the third there was one time he feck it up about 3 times in a row, that’s one example.
To be fair I think it's those 3 example in a row people saw and have ended up calling him out as a bit sloppy for. Your talking about the bit where he tried to volley out a pass and gave the ball away didnt he?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Very reassuring to see how good this guy is and the potential he has. Our midfield is looking very healthy compared to the last few seasons. Love this guy. What a bargain.

Andersons Dietician

He looks exactly what we need in midfield to counteract Bruno. Occasionally he does get sucked in to the sloppy passing but for the most part when he gets on the ball he doesn’t seem to waste the possesion as much. Has the confidence to hold and beat a man until the pass he wants comes available.

Do feel that in the last 15 minutes he seemed to be struggiling to keep up with the pace of the game But he looked like a sound invesment.

Dominos

I'm a fan but I'm baffled that everyone thought he played well. He seemed to give the ball away more than he has done in all his other games put together.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Indifferent today. Nothing bad like Pogna always serves up, but didn’t influence proceedings at all either.
That’s OK too. Fans just need to trust OGS knows what he is doing in terms of integrating him into the club and English football.

MattofManchester

He did okay today. Probably lost the ball as much as Pogba does, but the difference is he worked hard to win it back.

Showed some good passing range as well.

DoomSlayer

Isn't afraid to get stuck in, has good defensive positioning and intercepts the ball well, even his tackling is good. He needs more time to gel with the other midfielders, but I see us playing more fluid football if he becomes a mainstay in the first 11.

Devil may care

Press resistent, always moving into position to recieve and his happy to do so under pressure, works hard and keeps it tidy. I think if you watched him at Ajax you know he has more in his locker on the ball than we've seen so far, he's just feeling his way into the team and the league.

I think the way he posted that with a smiley means he knows he's going to be fine for Wednesday as he wouldn't be making jokes if it was serious. I was surprised the way Southampton tried to kick us off the park at times, that wasn't in the brochure. :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Isn't afraid to get stuck in, has good defensive positioning and intercepts the ball well, even his tackling is good. He needs more time to gel with the other midfielders, but I see us playing more fluid football if he becomes a mainstay in the first 11.
Exactly. He needs games to get an understanding with his teammates.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He did okay today. Probably lost the ball as much as Pogba does, but the difference is he worked hard to win it back.

Showed some good passing range as well.
I thought this as well - look a bit apprehensive in certain positions and played quite safe. A lot of praise on here, which is fair, but he was just okay today. Had a few chances around the box to play that killer pass but ended up giving it away a few times

Before someone rages at me, I haven't said he was bad and I rate him very much.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I have changed my mind about him 180deg after the last two games.

He actually works better in midfield. Useful at dealing with pressing, good passing between the lines and introduces calmness. Works well with all midfielders. He had a few interceptions and tackles too. Much more confident about him than Pogba. Needs physical presence beside him though.

On the other hand, he doesn't look particularly effective around the box. No shooting threat, and although he has some good ideas, it requires attackers to be completely synced with him. It might click at some point, but it's not working now.

Looking forward to seeing him in next games, he does give us another dimension, even if it's not completely integral to our play yet.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm quite excited to see how he does when Mctomminay replaces Matic in today's position.

Van De Beek can get much more forward then and let Fred and Mctomminay play like their traditional double pivot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He wasted so many chances in attack. But then he's new, and means that he had a good movement to have those chances.

MikeeMike

Looked the busiest and most productive of the 3 today.

Robaldo

He was okay, but I find him a bit too passive on the ball - especially when attacking.

It's still early days and it wasn't a bad performance, but it would be good to see him with the confidence to take the ball on himself more rather than shuffle it onto Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.