5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OleBoiii

Actively trying to avoid the ball is the new meta.

Jokes aside: no point in ridiculing him today.

Red00012

Who cares? we played against a parked bus and he played in the box. He helped make the 2nd goal with his movement to open space for Bruno's run, that's all that matters.

I'd rather he have 0 touches and help the team than just stand up front hoofing the ball out of the pitch like Cavani.
Who cares that he never touched the ball :lol:
Granted his movement lead to the goal but to not get a touch on the ball is some stat all the same

Other teams have False 9s... but we have the False Actively Competing In The Game position locked down.

Ghosted through the game sublimely. Even got a ghost assist with the ghost run. :cool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares that he never touched the ball :lol:
Granted his movement lead to the goal but to not get a touch on the ball is some stat all the same
Sure but it's not like it was intentional, the way the game panned out I doubt Cavani touched the ball much in the 2nd half either. How many did Greenwood get once he was subbed on?

Anyway, I dunno why people are still ragging on him, just seems a bit of an agenda now.

Red00012

Sure but it's not like it was intentional, the way the game panned out I doubt Cavani touched the ball much in the 2nd half either. How many did Greenwood get once he was subbed on?

Anyway, I dunno why people are still ragging on him, just seems a bit of an agenda now.
Greenwood started, I don’t have an agenda on Van der Beek I want him to succeed here and I think he’ll see a lot more game time next season

snk123

Imagine if we had not brought in Donny 40m and Diallo 32m (postpone to next year) then we could have had 70m for Grealish who was available at that price.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To imagine that if we had not bought in Donny 40m and Diallo 32m (maybe postpone to next year) then we could have had 70m for Grealish who was available at this price.
Great business

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To imagine that if we had not bought in Donny 40m and Diallo 32m (maybe postpone to next year) then we could have had 70m for Grealish who was available at this price.
This is sort of what annoys me about the way we’ve been run recently. We apparently have a tight budget and won’t budge on valuations etc, yet will quite happily spunk 40m on Matic, 35m on VDB or 50m on Wan Bissaka.

TheReligion

Abusive
The stats for the game are surprising but you can't really have a pop at him when his movement and running in the channel then back into the box created the winning goal.

IncyWincySpider

He did well to duck out of way of Bruno's pass for the Greenwood goal, though not quite as impressive as when he let it run through his legs a couple of weeks ago.

But in all seriousness he does have good movement which is something most of the side lacks. I'd play him in the centre up front and let him drag defenders of of the way to create chances for others.

arnie_ni

Good visualisation of the space he made for Brunos goal.

To almost end up scoring then from where he was initially is quite remarkable.

LoneStar

So should be be played as the second striker then? Just behind whoever is starting. He certainly isn't a traditional 10 who creates chances for others.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I sometimes wonder whether people actually watch football? If it wasn't for his run where he dragged the brighton defender off position Bruno wouldn't have a free channel to run into and we wouldn't have scored the winning goal.

I think people just made up their mind long time ago and think he's shit even though he's just not used to our individualist style of play.
He came from a team where the movement and one touch passing is essential to a team where he is expected to dribble with the ball and think of something to unlock the defence.

It's up to him if he can adapt to our style of play but I think quicker passes and more movement would suit our team a lot. I can only dream I guess.
You get your sensible opinion the feck out of this place. We don't want it!

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
His contribution is proof that we need more off the ball runs and not players standing around watching and wondering when they'll get the ball to their feet.

bsCallout

Imagine if we had not brought in Donny 40m and Diallo 32m (postpone to next year) then we could have had 70m for Grealish who was available at that price.
Seems a bit premature to write VDB and Amad off already :lol:

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Reminds me somewhat of my last Sunday league side team that I joined because they needed an extra player to fill their team. Hardly any of their players knew me so I'd make a great run and be through on goal or something but they wouldn't pass to me every time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The fact that Ole had enough trust in him to throw him on at 1-1 is progress and he was in the box for the second goal and could have capitalized on it if Greenwood's shot had been saved on the goal line. Small wins.

Cassidy

To fix a position that doesn't need fixing?

VDB and Amad could both be very important players for us in areas we have weaknesses.
Grealish can play the same positions as VDB and can also play wide so that comment is a bit silly

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
To fix a position that doesn't need fixing?

VDB and Amad could both be very important players for us in areas we have weaknesses.t
According to Transfermarkt, Rashford has 5 goals and 1 assists in 6 matches playing on the right this season (Also Leipzig match). I think Rashford/Grealish could have easily played on the right, Rashford based on the past and Grealish from his skillset.

bsCallout

Grealish can play the same positions as VDB and can also play wide so that comment is a bit silly
VDB occupies the central positions 6, 8 or 10. Grealish either plays wide left or CAM where we have our two most productive and important players. So not really.

bsCallout

According to Transfermarkt, Rashford has 5 goals and 1 assists in 6 matches playing on the right this season (Also Leipzig match). I think Rashford/Grealish could have easily played on the right, Rashford based on the past and Grealish from his skillset.
So trying to squeeze players into positions neither has played consistently. No thanks. We don't need to buy yet another Left sided player in the hope we can make them work elsewhere. We already have three in Rashford, Martial and James.

SAFMUTD

I dont know about Grealish but playing Rashford on the right is a total waste. Can debate stats or whatever but anyone that have seem him play knows he’s so much better on the left.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's funny - and very VDB - that he was on for 14 minutes yet had 0 passes, 0 dribbles, 0 touches in general, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 pressures, 0 fouls.
:lol: Sums him up. He's like the anti Bruno. Never involved. Never takes the initiative. Never influences the game. What a signing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It's not really an agenda. We all want him to do well. But if his peformance levels are nowhere near the acceptable standard then it has to be discussed.

Cassidy

VDB occupies the central positions 6, 8 or 10. Grealish either plays wide left or CAM where we have our two most productive and important players. So not really.
Grealish can play 8 10 and wide. And VDB clearly cant play 6 for us

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Donny cost 35 mil and we paid 18 mil for Amad. Grealish would have cost 80-85 mil at least. We clearly didn’t have that much money that’s why we wanted installments and add ons for Sancho.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So trying to squeeze players into positions neither has played consistently. No thanks. We don't need to buy yet another Left sided player in the hope we can make them work elsewhere. We already have three in Rashford, Martial and James.
Which happens an awful lot in football at the highest level, it's not like squeezing him into rightback. Based on his skill set and strong foot, I see no reason why he couldnt excel at that position, which he has from the small sample size. His play wasnt always great, but neither has he performed great consistently from the left. Wonder what Madrid fans were saying when they moved Ronaldo to the left.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like Ole is getting more and more closer to using him as a shadow striker/false 9 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.