5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Seriously though, lately he was showing some glimpses, getting in the box etc but tonight's game, he should have made the most of it to impress. Straight swap with VdS as our new CEO?
He was the one player who had something riding on tonight. For everyone else it was about going through the motions. Was a big opportunity tonight.

A-man

He is a good player no doubt. He needs to be braver if he is to make it here.
He’s too anxious. I seriously think he needs some good player management from Ole to boost his confidence.

Toad

Over the whole season a lot of people are saying he will be great if given a chance and are mad that he isn’t given it. He’s not given it because he isn’t good enough, plain and simple. Clearly wasn’t an Ole signing and I can completely see why. Should have stayed put.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Poor. Sluggish running and bad decision making at times.

There is a huge gulf in class between him and Bruno.

Perhaps the left wing did not suit him though.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Honestly not sure I saw him do a single thing. Mental how anonymous he usually is

FatTails

He’s suited to slow, deliberate, possession football. Not a knock against him, but that’s not how Ole wants to play. Strange transfer.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Think I remember telling you at the start of the season to give him a chance, after giving him a chance I've concluded he's shite.

What I don't get is how we've identified a player who's such a poor fit for our team, serious questions need to be asked of the scouts.
That's really the thing for me. Why was he ever identified as a good fit for this United team?

Abhinav

Has shown nothing in a United shirt so far to start any games for us. Tonight he had acres of space and was too passive to get into any dangerous position. Waste of money.

RedDevilzFox

He is basically a ball recycler. Come to think of it I cannot think another player quite like him whose only attribute is passing the ball around in the MF (without any ambition or penetration).

spiriticon

Yeah he's technically good but he doesn't have 'the x-factor'.

Not really a Manchester United player unless he drastically changes his mindset. We have to hammer the Ajax out of him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Got in to great positions turned and running running at the back four and you can just see him panicking, not knowing what to do and wanting to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. He’s technically very good but I don’t think he suits our style at all. In fairness he did get a few more risky passes tonight but none of them came off.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Not a bad player at all, but you have to question why we bought him. Clearly he is not seen as a future #8, so bought as a squad player?

Don't see a future for him here, but who knows.

svn

In some ways, he reminds me of Mkhitaryan. A player that always looks for the simple pass and seems more worried about doing something wrong instead of doing something. A shame, as the potential is there, but I don't think he has the mentality for a club like United.

Teja

He is basically a ball recycler. Come to think of it I cannot think another player quite like him whose only attribute is passing the ball around in the MF (without any ambition or penetration).
Cleverly :wenger:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He isn't an upgrade on Lingard or even Andreas. Should be moved on in the Summer, have seen nothing from him as a United player to suggest anything will change.
This. That was a standard Pereira performance. Some clever runs and a couple of good touches, but nothing else.

His cowardice on the ball is infuriating. I saw at least 4 occations where he got the ball in a good position, with plenty of space, and he just recycled the ball back

Mr.Kaya

He's just way too limited to play for a club like ours, just doesnt bring enough to the table unfortunatly. The best would let him go to be honest and replace him with someone who'd actually strengthen our squad.

Manny

Grammar Police
I think his mentality as someone said before would be the main issue.

Their 2nd goal was coming from him passing right back at to Pogba after receiving it while having no pressure on him at all.
Yeah i think he played it off with one touch twice before playing a hospital ball to Pogba.
Really odd to use him as pretty much a winger. If there's any chance of long term role for him it's at CM surely? Lingard is better in any other role.
Would you really trust that level of performance and application in the engine room of the team?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah i think he played it off with one touch twice before playing a hospital ball to Pogba.

Would you really trust that level of performance and application in the engine room of the team?
Not really but if there was ever a time to try it it was tonight. He'd have done well to do worse than Pogba did.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's a disappointment to United players with Van on their names.

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

He is a mile out of form due to barely playing. It is also absolutely the right call that he isn't playing because we have better players in all the positions he can play.

Nowhere near as bad as he looked tonight but his best is still nowhere near Bruno or Pogba levels. Really difficult position for him.

OverratedOpinion

Over the whole season a lot of people are saying he will be great if given a chance and are mad that he isn’t given it. He’s not given it because he isn’t good enough, plain and simple. Clearly wasn’t an Ole signing and I can completely see why. Should have stayed put.
How do you reckon you would perform if you spend an entire year only doing your job once a month for a few minutes?

It isn't wrong that he doesn't play but it isn't his fault that he isn't as good as the best combination of attacking midfielders in Europe when only getting a few minutes here and there (if that).

acnumber9

How do you reckon you would perform if you spend an entire year only doing your job once a month for a few minutes?

It isn't wrong that he doesn't play but it isn't his fault that he isn't as good as the best combination of attacking midfielders in Europe when only getting a few minutes here and there (if that).
None of that accounts for why he won’t actually try to do anything progressive. He’s happy to hide.

KrasHammerhand

I think we should give him one more season, no doubt that he has really struggled this year, but given the pandemic season we should give him a chance.

OverratedOpinion

None of that accounts for why he won’t actually try to do anything progressive. He’s happy to hide.
It actually does.

He tries to be too safe and keep the ball because he is probably terrified of making a mistake and not playing for another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.