5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

I hope he gets sold as I am sick of fecking hearing about him.

If he played today it would have made no fecking difference unless he had one of his 1 in 30 decent performances for us.

VivaRonaldo85

Stunning we look so disjointed in central midfield yet this guy still can’t even get on the pitch. At least last season he was getting 10 minutes. No he’s barely getting a kick

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If I was him and Fred starts our next game ahead of him, I'd spit my gum onto a transfer request

Based Adnan

They are totally different players. The fact that Fred is shit doesn't change that.
Pogba and Fred are also different players yet one replaced the other both in this game and midweek.

Ole and VDB have both said he can play 6 or 8 so why is he incapable of playing instead of Fred?

midou

Hope Ole goes before Donny, at least Donny is somewhat unproven player with talent, while Ole is proven terrible.

OverratedOpinion

Pogba and Fred are also different players yet one replaced the other both in this game and midweek.

Ole and VDB have both said he can play 6 or 8 so why is he incapable of playing instead of Fred?
McTominay and Fred is a crap midfield. McTominay and VDB are a crap midfield. Fred with anyone is a crap midfield.

Why are we debating over which crap midfield we play. We needed to sign a midfielder, we didn't. Ole can't manage around those weaknesses for an entire season so we are fecked as far as trying to win something worthwhile.

Based Adnan

McTominay and Fred is a crap midfield. McTominay and VDB are a crap midfield. Fred with anyone is a crap midfield.

Why are we debating over which crap midfield we play. We needed to sign a midfielder, we didn't. Ole can't manage around those weaknesses for an entire season so we are fecked as far as trying to win something worthwhile.
Have we even seen McTominay and VDB? I can't even think of one game let alone a period of games where they've gotten a run.

McTominay and Fred has been proven over the course of multiple seasons to be shite.

We're debating over which midfield we should play because Fred is costing us every week and people naturally look at our other options and wonder what they have to do to get in.

lostcauz

I hope he gets sold as I am sick of fecking hearing about him.

If he played today it would have made no fecking difference unless he had one of his 1 in 30 decent performances for us.
Same

If he had played and had a average performance, people would be throwing around that he needs a run of games.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Donny can turn into prime maradona in training and still not start ahead of mcfred. At this point the performance of donny or mcfred isn't the deciding factor, its ole's ego that mcfred is the correct way and he'll persist till he's proven right or sacked.

Kag

Sadly, this.

OverratedOpinion

Have we even seen McTominay and VDB? I can't even think of one game let alone a period of games where they've gotten a run.

McTominay and Fred has been proven over the course of multiple seasons to be shite.

We're debating over which midfield we should play because Fred is costing us every week and people naturally look at our other options and wonder what they have to do to get in.
Fred is the worst player I ever remember having played an important role in our squad.

Ole clearly sees them as different players and feels he need the type of player Fred is more. I am just bored of this thread at the top of the forum every time we lose or draw as though VDB was the answer when he has been nearly as bad as Fred every time he has played for us. This isn't like in 2008 when Tevez wasn't playing enough.

freeurmind

weak willed

How do we know VDB is crap? He's made 4 league starts since he signed.

Based Adnan

Fred is the worst player I ever remember having played an important role in our squad.

Ole clearly sees them as different players and feels he need the type of player Fred is more. I am just bored of this thread at the top of the forum every time we lose or draw as though VDB was the answer when he has been nearly as bad as Fred every time he has played for us. This isn't like in 2008 when Tevez wasn't playing enough.
I agree with you on Fred.

Thing is if Ole is looking for a like for like replacement for Fred then he will have to continue playing every week because there isn't one currently in our squad. Going off Freds performances I think it's normal for people to ask why the other options aren't getting a look in even if it means slightly changing our system. No-one is outright saying he's the answer but at least give him a chance as he can't be any worse than Fred.

OverratedOpinion

If I were him, I'd be seething.
Why?

Has he done anything to prove that he should start for Manchester United?

Maybe considering how shit Fred is but if he is banking on any slightly below average midfielder deserving to start for Manchester United then shame on him.

El Zoido

Could it be any worse if we at least tried him? Give him a run of games and see? We’re already getting cut through with McFred, and the whole point of the McFred double pivot is that they give us some defensive stability. Since they’re clearly not doing that, isn’t it about time we tried something different?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played well in the cup against West Ham and we haven’t seen him since

OverratedOpinion

Could it be any worse if we at least tried him? Give him a run of games and see? We’re already getting cut through with McFred, and the whole point of the McFred double pivot is that they give us some defensive stability. Since they’re clearly not doing that, isn’t it about time we tried something different?
Could it be any worse? Yes things could be worse.

Do I think it would be? I think none of our midfielders suit playing in a team that plays a number 10 (i.e. having to play in a midfield 2) . Our best or second best player is a number 10.

The above isn't VDB's fault but in my opinion it is a reality that makes this all a bit irrelevant.

Witchking

He now needs to start every game for at least 4 -5 games. He should get a decent chance to show what he can do.

But what will happen is, he starts and might have a bad game and is not started again and is moved on in Jan. Vdb situation is all Ole's fault.

Cannot blame the player at all. He has never had a decent run in the team. For all of the praise Ole gets for his man management, this is extremely bad and worrying.

el3mel

The guy was easily our best player in his last game in League Cup, then he got benched again while Fred and Scott stink the place and get as many chances as they like and some people here have the nerve to talk about equality of chances and that any player will play if he does well.

Our manager just doesn't fancy him no matter what he does. He likes Scott and Fred and is willing to go with them to the end. It's so obvious now.

Mind baffling how the club agreed to spend 45m on him just to be a bench warmer like this. If I were Ed Woodward I would go straight to our manager and ask him why exactly he bought the guy.

MattofManchester

Has he done anything to prove that he should start for Manchester United?
He's not getting in over Fred but he certainly should over Mctominay.

And to that point, what's McTominay done to warrant a consistent place in this team other than score a few and be an academy graduate?

VDB is a former CL semi-finalist in which he played a major role, so I'd say he's got more status and definitely deserves a chance than the utter shite we see from Scott.
VDB did enough against YB and West Ham to warrant a continued go given how bad Scott is.

But our manager is either too scared to try anything or is playing favorites.

Witchking

I didn't say he was crap.

Based on the 40 odd times he has played for us, I do not see him being the reincarnation of 2012 Michael Carrick that we need.
Every player needs time to settle. Has he been given any time to do that? 5 mins here and there and suddenly he is expected to win games and get assists? Pogba after over 5 years cannot say he had made the midfield his own but vdb is supposed to do that with sub appearances?

OverratedOpinion

He's not getting in over Fred but he certainly should over Mctominay.

And to that point, what's McTominay done to warrant a consistent place in this team other than score a few and be an academy graduate?

VDB is a former CL semi-finalist in which he played a major role, so I'd say he's got more status and definitely deserves a chance than the utter shite we see from Scott.
VDB did enough against YB and West Ham to warrant a continued go given how bad Scott is.

But our manager is either too scared to try anything or is playing favorites.
McTominay's performances for us have been better than Van De Beek's.

Van De Beek has signed for United and looked scared of his own shadow for most of his time here. That is his own fault.

It is Ole's fault that he spent 40m on someone who has not spent his career in a midfield 2.

OverratedOpinion

If anyone thinks playing VDB instead of 1 of Mcfred would have won us the game today then good luck to you.

OverratedOpinion

Every player needs time to settle. Has he been given any time to do that? 5 mins here and there and suddenly he is expected to win games and get assists? Pogba after over 5 years cannot say he had made the midfield his own but vdb is supposed to do that with sub appearances?
You do know that they train every day?

Do you assume that Ole doesn't let him train?

MattofManchester

Van De Beek has signed for United and looked scared of his own shadow for most of his time here. That is his own fault.
How is it? He's hardly ever started and it's very clear his manager couldn't be arsed with him. He was Bruno's back up, which means he'd never play, but he's adjusted his position to get game time.

McTominay is not better. McTominay is a fantastic example of Manchester United fans lowering their standards of what should be required of a Manchester United midfielder.
He is dreadfully poor, but pops up with good games. This has never changed, but he gets hyped for being an academy graduate.

Right now he offers utterly nothing to the team, so Donny deserves a go there.

Witchking

You do know that they train every day?

Do you assume that Ole doesn't let him train?
So why do you train? To play in matches I assume? Or is a player's aim to just train well and go and sit on the couch at home.

Nothing from ole has shown that vdb is bad at training or is not giving his all. Ole just is stuck with what he thinks is right. Probably due to his ego.

Vdb was one of the better players against West ham. So we know we have a good player in him.

The player has shown here is not happy sitting on the bench. Ole did not let him leave,but is not playing him. This is bad management.

OverratedOpinion

How is it? He's hardly ever started and it's very clear his manager couldn't be arsed with him. He was Bruno's back up, which means he'd never play, but he's adjusted his position to get game time.

McTominay is not better. McTominay is a fantastic example of Manchester United fans lowering their standards of what should be required of a Manchester United midfielder.
He is dreadfully poor, but pops up with good games. This has never changed, but he gets hyped for being an academy graduate.

Right now he offers utterly nothing to the team, so Donny deserves a go there.
Donny has been rubbish most of the time he has played.

Fred is crap and McTominay is a backup united player. With that said I could not give a feck if VDB starts, that is fine.

I am just saying that he has shown nothing that has told us he will actually improve things and the fact that this thread is eagerly bumped every time we lose or draw is purely done because of the "throw shit against the wall" mentality.

OverratedOpinion

So why do you train? To play in matches I assume? Or is a player's aim to just train well and go and sit on the couch at home.

Nothing from ole has shown that vdb is bad at training or is not giving his all. Ole just is stuck with what he thinks is right. Probably due to his ego.

Vdb was one of the better players against West ham. So we know we have a good player in him.

The player has shown here is not happy sitting on the bench. Ole did not let him leave,but is not playing him. This is bad management.
He was one of the better players against West Ham in a game we lost in the Carabao cup?

Cool now I get why everyone acts like we have the reincarnation of Xavi on our bench everytime we lose or draw.

Strats

I hate the fact that we might have a source of big improvement in Van de Beek with our midfield issues. Has never gotten the chance to build up any confidence or momentum with consecutive starts like McFred who plays no matter how shite they are.

Not saying that he is the answer, but there is no way that he is worse than Fred and we have nothing to lose to give Van de Beek a run now.

Witchking

He was one of the better players against West Ham in a game we lost in the Carabao cup?

Cool now I get why everyone acts like we have the reincarnation of Xavi on our bench everytime we lose or draw.
Not sure if you are being obtuse on purpose. He has never had a proper run of games and was still one of the better players that day. United losing is the teams fault and not his.

Mcfred have had their chances. It's time to test vdb for a run of games. We are not going to win the league. The least we can do is see if we need to go for a midfielder in Jan if vdb is not what we need.

OverratedOpinion

Not sure if you are being obtuse on purpose. He has never had a proper run of games and was still one of the better players that day. United losing is the teams fault and not his.

Mcfred have had their chances. It's time to test vdb for a run of games. We are not going to win the league. The least we can do is see if we need to go for a midfielder in Jan if vdb is not what we need.
I am almost entirely sure that you are being obtuse.

He never made his name in a 2 man midfield, our midfield is shite and he has never shown enough in that role to start there, he has played for us a number of times and looked okay at best.

Yet he is going to be the answer to our issues? It is just pure desperation to be this eager for him to start out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.