5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

VDB was highly rated at Ajax and he performed well in Chmps League and Sancho was highly rated at Dortmund and performed well in Chmps League so that is something they have in common.
Why is it that Sancho has been given minutes in virtually every game this season and has hardly created an opening or dominated an opponent and yet the only chance VDB has been given was the Cup tie against the Hammers when he was arguably our best player?
We are blessed with a lot of attacking talent but not so much in the midfield and yet he still does not get a look in and as I have stated before I cannot see what Ole has to lose by starting him as the current starters have been shite this season.

VDB was highly rated at Ajax and he performed well in Chmps League and Sancho was highly rated at Dortmund and performed well in Chmps League so that is something they have in common.
Why is it that Sancho has been given minutes in virtually every game this season and has hardly created an opening or dominated an opponent and yet the only chance VDB has been given was the Cup tie against the Hammers when he was arguably our best player?
We are blessed with a lot of attacking talent but not so much in the midfield and yet he still does not get a look in and as I have stated before I cannot see what Ole has to lose by starting him as the current starters have been shite this season.
All any of us can do is make wild speculation - perhaps more will come out in the wash once he leaves.

He's not played for so long now I don't think dropping him into any of the upcoming big games would help us or him. I just hope he leaves in January.

Andersonson

Sancho and DvB doesn't play in the same position, so comparing them is not easy.

Also, he is behind Bruno and Pogba for that no.10 role. He proved against West Ham that he ain't a sitting midfielder.

Arguably the best player? Not at all, take a look at player ratings from that game and stat ratings. ONLY united fans would say he was the best that. And that tells you everything. He will get minutes in the FA cup, he's far behind in the pecking order so I don't expect him anytime soon

Bondi77

Sancho and DvB doesn't play in the same position, so comparing them is not easy.

Also, he is behind Bruno and Pogba for that no.10 role. He proved against West Ham that he ain't a sitting midfielder.

Arguably the best player? Not at all, take a look at player ratings from that game and stat ratings. ONLY united fans would say he was the best that. And that tells you everything. He will get minutes in the FA cup, he's far behind in the pecking order so I don't expect him anytime soon
I am not comparing them to each other as players!
I am comparing the way they have been treated at the club by the manager in relation to minutes on the pitch and the chances allowed to get used to the Premier League pace and stake a claim for a starting spot.
I would think it would be easier to get game time in front of Mcfred and Matic then it would be to get in front of Ronnie, Cavani, Marcus and Mason but that does not seem to be the case.
I have attached ratings for that mentioned game:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...s-ronaldo-less-red-devils-carabao-cup-2021-22

L1nk

The fact this guy STILL cannot get a sniff with how bad Fred and McTominay are is just ridiculous. You just know as well, even after this shocking performance, he still will be on the bench whilst McFred playing the next match again if Solskjaer is still in charge. Just try him in midfield ffs, there's no way he can be this bad, he really can't.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's too complicated for our coaching. Our staff looking at him same way the peasants looked on that poor woman in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

System player ? He's a witch !

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Bruno subbed off for Cavani so we're playing with 2 strikers while we're down to 10. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ole must absolutely despise VDB. I really can't wait 'till the juicy details of what actually happened come out (and I'll be happy Ole as manager will be a distant, foggy memory like the LVG days)

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He had to hide his smile. The future looks bright for him at our club.
Could be the case yeah, probably because he has more tactical knowledge than Solskjaer due to coming out of the Ajax academy. So maybe he'll stay on the bench as manager, he'll probably do better than Ole :lol:

dinostar77

Hopefully ole will get sacked before we lose VDB. Really want to see him get a proper run of games with a manager who believes in him.

Sviken

I'm starting to wonder if he fecked Ole's wife or something. There is no explanation as to what is going on with him.

snk123

The fact this guy STILL cannot get a sniff with how bad Fred and McTominay are is just ridiculous. You just know as well, even after this shocking performance, he still will be on the bench whilst McFred playing the next match again if Solskjaer is still in charge. Just try him in midfield ffs, there's no way he can be this bad, he really can't.
But but Ole would want to get a reaction out of McFred ... isn't that the reason he always plays those players again who make mistakes in the game? Based on the last game, Maguire should have been nowhere near the starting lineup.

OmarUnited4ever

I'm starting to wonder if he fecked Ole's wife or something. There is no explanation as to what is going on with him.
I mean feck Ole & and # OleOut and all, but don't bring his wife or family into this, it's destastful..

I agree also there is no explanation why Ole hasn't given him any chance.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I hope he stays when Ole goes

he’s a great player as shown by his time at Ajax and will be a valuable addition to our squad when we get a manager thats not a clueless muppet. keep the faith Donny.

Red_toad

He doesn’t play in the same positions at McFred, so pretty pointless trying to make that point. Seems the longer he doesn’t play the better he gets. playing him in either Scott’s or Fred’s positions would not have made an ounce of difference to the result. We were simply over run on midfield as the rest of the team didn’t work hard enough. 2 against 5 isn’t a fair fight.

L1nk

He doesn’t play in the same positions at McFred, so pretty pointless trying to make that point. Seems the longer he doesn’t play the better he gets. playing him in either Scott’s or Fred’s positions would not have made an ounce of difference to the result. We were simply over run on midfield as the rest of the team didn’t work hard enough. 2 against 5 isn’t a fair fight.
People need to stop talking about this myth, if he himself and Solskjaer says he can play as a 6, an 8 a 10, whatever, the there is no excuses, these are actual quotes mind, so unless McFred play some mythical not before seen midfield position, which granted they do play like they are invisible, how can anyone say VDB doesn’t play their position

Red_toad

People need to stop talking about this myth, if he himself and Solskjaer says he can play as a 6, an 8 a 10, whatever, the there is no excuses, these are actual quotes mind, so unless McFred play some mythical not before seen midfield position, which granted they do play like they are invisible, how can anyone say VDB doesn’t play their position
He plays Bruno’s position, but he’s not half the player Bruno is, so he doesn’t play. he’s been very underwhelming every time he’s played and justified Ole’s selections

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He plays Bruno’s position, but he’s not half the player Bruno is, so he doesn’t play. he’s been very underwhelming every time he’s played and justified Ole’s selections
you absolutely have no clue about what kind of player VDB is right? Because he's a CM and played as CM for his whole career until he joined United. Ajax and the Dutch national team don't have a AM like United has.

L1nk

Did you just ignore my entire post? Okay i’ll say it again, both him and Solskjaer, the manager, have been quoted as saying he can play 6, 8, 10, anywhere across the midfield, so if both of them say that then why would I choose to believe random forum posters that tell me he can only play Bruno’s position

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He can also play as a 6. And going by McFreds form, you can't tell me that he'd be so much worse. Ole insisting with his favorite players is another sign that he's a poor manager

Ixion

I've come to the conclusion over the summer he must have regressed into the single worst player in United's history for him not to get any minutes in this shower of shite team

AFC NimbleThumb

I used to think the whole VdB should play more thing was overblown but watching McFred drop a log in the centre of midfield while this guy can’t even get a sub appearance really has made me think he is being f’d over.

Swedish_Plumber

Must be wondering what he’s doing wrong when McFred seem undropable despite bringing absolutely feck all to the table. At the very least he’d have been able to take the ball under pressure and keep it.

Chairman Steve

Surely he‘s hoping OGS is shown the door so he can finally get a chance? Penny for his thoughts as he watched a McFred partnership concede 4 goals in a half of football.

Him being half decent under the new guy will be damning on OGS.

Irwin99

Surely he‘s hoping OGS is shown the door so he can finally get a chance? Penny for his thoughts as he watched a McFred partnership concede 4 goals in a half of football.
I think Shaw said something similar about Jose; "I knew i'd outlast him". That must be Donny's train of thought at the moment. To be honest I've never really seen much justification of why he should start whenever I have seen him play but I guess it can't be any worse than what we're used to and maybe he deserves a consistent run of games.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Make him the player manager, I bet he can't be worse than Ole! In all likelihood he'd be tactically better.

Green_Red

I'm surprised Ole didn't throw him on when we were 5-0 down with 4 minutes to go.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I honestly think OGS is full of sh**.

DVB's agent has said that they were assured things would be better this season and DVD would get more game time. That hasn't happened.

DVB could have gone on loan which would have been a sensible option for the player and the manager. Didn't happen as OGS said he was an important player.

hungrywing

Make him the player manager, I bet he can't be worse than Ole! In all likelihood he'd be tactically better.
Holy crap. You might have stumbled onto why he doesn’t play.

One day in training:

Donny: At Ajax we would do this thing where-
Ole: Okay lads, let’s see what Ajax’s way was vs our way. Eleven vs eleven, Donny you manage that team.

Sixteen minutes later one team is up 8-0.

Bobski

I think he is a very average player, but not being played at the start of this season might be the best thing to happen to him. Not a chance he would have succeeded with how the team has been structured to start this season, a thankless task for any midfielder, massive ground to cover, space everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.