5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

For a 5 minute cameo, you can't ask for much more from him. Same with Sancho to be honest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did well when he came on, like some of his late cameo's early last season he does make good runs in behind which lead to cut backs

Would be nice to see what he's capable of under a new manager

SER19

In terms of actually making sense of our squad he needs to take all of the appalling Pogba's minutes. Pogba on way out

Skeppy2099

Supports
United
He’s a clever player but the fact remains his best position is also the position of Bruno who is undropable and rarely ever gets subbed. That’s is simply why DVB plays so little.

Ole wants pace out wide at all costs and Greenwood has been good otherwise I think Donny could play on the right and drift inside to help the midfield whilst him and Bruno share the responsibility of helping Awb when we don’t have the ball.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't believe he actually got subbed on when Ole was desperate. Quite funny. Obviously has no future here but still. Curious to see what level he'll play at when he leaves.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He isn’t a holding midfielder that’s for sure. His game is all about making intelligent runs and finding space in the gaps between opposition defences. I hope he stays.

GregM40

Looked good for his brief cameo, clever player and decent passer. Soon as it was obvious Bruno was being marked out of the game should have made the change.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't wait to see him play again for 5 minutes again in 2 months time :drool:

KeanoMagicHat

Hopefully gets chances if Ole is sacked. Actually could offer a lot to this team at the moment, he actually plays in between spaces. In the second half, United we’re playing an awful 424 at times, with 3 lines and nothing in between. Van de Beek would relish that space in between. Bruno is a bit headless sometimes in positional awareness and discipline, Van de Beek should be considered sometimes as an alternative.

NZT-One

Surely he could play the role Pogba did today without being any worse?
Pogba was awful in the 1st but relatively fine in the 2nd half I thought. Donnys skillset is different, Pogbas long passes are a weapon, no point in denying that. Are they as big of a weapon to afford the rest of the Pogba show? Often yes and often not really. I'd say give Donny the chance but it would be a risk.

BorisManUtd

If Ole is to stay until the end of the season, then he'll probably leave in January on loan, which would be a good thing, with him hopefully returning in summer and we have a new manager by then.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We have gem here and while he might not hit the ground running he's earned a start especially considering the dismal state of our midfield

I just pray ole comes to his senses and gives a chance for once I fell parting ways with Will comeback to bite us in the arse

The United

He should be coming on as late sub like that more tbh. He is always a great asset in that kind of circumstance.

Devil may care

A rare sighting of the lesser spotted Beek! :eek: I was impressed that he can still remember how to play, almost grabbed a goal as well.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nice and somewhat unexpected to see Donny come on. Even nicer to see him have a good contribution.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked bright when he came on. In and around the box he's a master at finding space. His biggest obstacle to more game time is Bruno.

Dookingham United

Hopefully gets chances if Ole is sacked. Actually could offer a lot to this team at the moment, he actually plays in between spaces. In the second half, United we’re playing an awful 424 at times, with 3 lines and nothing in between. Van de Beek would relish that space in between. Bruno is a bit headless sometimes in positional awareness and discipline, Van de Beek should be considered sometimes as an alternative.
It was clear to see that Bruno was tightly man marked out of the game in the second half.
On 60 mins max Donny should have been on.
We can all see this! How can this management team not see??

Donny In.
Management team out.
Pogba out.
Owners out.

luke511

Looked bright when he came on. In and around the box he's a master at finding space. His biggest obstacle to more game time is Bruno.
Solskjaer's his biggest obstacle, and his hard on for McTominay and Pogba. Him and Bruno should be playing together.

BlueHaze

In terms of actually making sense of our squad he needs to take all of the appalling Pogba's minutes. Pogba on way out
Quite remarkable how a guy who's completely out of it and leaving on a free is being played ahead of a hungry lad desperate to succeed here. Truly bizzarre choice from Ole.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Donny In.
Management team out.
Pogba out.
Owners out.
You can't seriously expect Donny to play in midfield, manage and coach the team, and run the business side of the club, all at the same time. I think it's definitely one role too many. (Not sure what I'd cut though.)

NK86

Can't believe he actually got subbed on when Ole was desperate. Quite funny. Obviously has no future here but still. Curious to see what level he'll play at when he leaves.
He has a future if Ole is (rightly) sacked.

NoPace

It's actually crazy that some think his competition is only Bruno which justifies his ridiculous lack of playing time.
I just don't think we're going to regularly play VDB and Bruno as pep style #8s in the half spaces ahead of a lone holder until we sign someone like Rice, so at present he sort of is.

ray_united

Hi did very well with the little time he had. Made some clever runs and could have scored at the end...
Pogba lost the bally a few times in dangerous areas for keeping the ball too long, Donny is exactly the opposite he keeps the ball ticking...
Hope he can replace pogba in the next few games and show what he can do for more than 5 minutes :).

Status
Not open for further replies.