5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

He's an imbecile because he chronically talks rubbish. He says stupid things like, Wolves didn't deserve to beat us, whilst also saying we were lucky against them. He has child like logic on buying United shirts, he thought Ronaldo is better equipt to lead and coach the team then Ole.

He just says a lot of over the top bullshit that's so exaggerative that when he says an occasional fair point its likely by accident.
You say he’s an imbecile yet you watch his videos, know everything about him and wrote us a dissertation trying to discredit him the other day. You must have a lot of time on your hands to follow a guy you dislike this much.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You say he’s an imbecile yet you watch his videos, know everything about him and wrote us a dissertation trying to discredit him the other day. You must have a lot of time on your hands to follow a guy you dislike this much.
I don't have an opinion either way, but isn't he supposed to have followed the guy to an extent to form the opinion that he's an "imbecile"?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So I've recently been looking for some YouTube content after paying for that premium membership thing. Consequently I've given a lot of channels a proper go, so that's United Stand, Stretford Paddock, Webby and O'Neil and Kick Off so far.

I rank United Stand comfortably at the bottom for the aforementioned reasons, but yeah my insight is all recent and fresh in my head because I gave all of these things a proper chance.

Sorry I know it's a side bar to the thread but Webby and O'Neil attract good guest interviews. Here's their latest where Neville was on, and he touched on a lot of things. This is the type of content or discussion I enjoy, rather than exaggeration and childish nonsense from a man in an armchair talking to super chats :

I don't have an opinion either way, but isn't he supposed to have followed the guy to an extent to form the opinion that he's an "imbecile"?
yeah, I honestly tried to give him a go properly. Because I thought the subscribers must insinuate quality content. But I'm learning that's far from the case on YouTube channels.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
yeah, I honestly tried to give him a go properly. Because I thought the subscribers must insinuate quality content. But I'm learning that's far from the case on YouTube channels.
Silly goose, the only UTD related content you need is the Utd hour! :devil:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I remember when he joined us that some or one Dutch fans didn't rate him that much.

Were there any Dutch fans that didn't have ajax bias that did rate him as a player with potential?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I remember when he joined us that some or one Dutch fans didn't rate him that much.

Were there any Dutch fans that didn't have ajax bias that did rate him as a player with potential?
I'm a neutral and think he's a slightly better Klaassen (who I think is a tad bit underrated around here because he flopped at Everton). VDB is definitely capable of something, but unlikely to make waves at UTD (which I still can't say definitely, because he doesn't play).He scored some important goals in that great Ajax side but was nowhere near being among the best players (Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Tadic I rate more highly).

Ajax fans often rate all their "talents", even the clearly bang average ones like Kishna and Siem de Jong. It's part of the club's successful marketing.
@KirkDuyt doesn't rate him, but given that he's a Feyenoord fan, he's probably not the best judge of talent. He's looking at shite twice a week.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm a neutral and think he's a slightly better Klaassen (who I think is a tad bit underrated around here because he flopped at Everton). VDB is definitely capable of something, but unlikely to make waves at UTD (which I still can't say definitely, because he doesn't play).He scored some important goals in that great Ajax side but was nowhere near being among the best players of that side (Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Tadic I rate more highly to name a few).

Ajax fans often rate all their "talents", even the clearly bang average ones like Kishna and Siem de Jong. It's part of the club's successful marketing.
@KirkDuyt doesn't rate him, but given that he's a Feyenoord fan, he's probably not the best judge of talent. He's looking at shite twice a week.
I used to think VDB was a much better version of Klaassen, but now I'm not sure they're even different people.

It's just a mold of player that doesn't succeed outside the Dutch league. Siem de Jong, Klaassen, Donny, Guus Til, Lex Immers (har har). They do well in our league full of slow midgets, but lack a weapon to succeed abroad.

I think Donny is a lovely lad, but he will never ever ever succeed at United, he's not good enough.

He's welcome in De Kuip though.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I used to think VDB was a much better version of Klaassen, but now I'm not sure they're even different people.

It's just a mold of player that doesn't succeed outside the Dutch league. Siem de Jong, Klaassen, Donny, Guus Til, Lex Immers (har har). They do well in our league full of slow midgets, but lack a weapon to succeed abroad.

I think Donny is a lovely lad, but he will never ever ever succeed at United, he's not good enough.

He's welcome in De Kuip though.
You don't think Thomas Muller is a very similar type of player?

Bebestation

I'm a neutral and think he's a slightly better Klaassen (who I think is a tad bit underrated around here because he flopped at Everton). VDB is definitely capable of something, but unlikely to make waves at UTD (which I still can't say definitely, because he doesn't play).He scored some important goals in that great Ajax side but was nowhere near being among the best players (Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Tadic I rate more highly).

@KirkDuyt

The thing for me was what I highlighted.

It was not his play, his passing and his tackling that wowed me and made me think of him as a potentially good player - it was his ability to score a goal.

Now does he get to score a goal when playing in a double pivot or does he have to play in a different formation that allows him to get forward without leaving the midfield empty?

Because this is what I see all the time. VDB maybe in a double pivot and makes a simple pass but as soon as he does it; he has already started to make a run that has left his midfield position and partner empty - hoping to get the ball back - potentially leaving us in a position to get counterattacked.

I just don't know if that is a flaw in his game or its him playing too deep.

Last edited:

Ralph1386

If you read everything he’s written in this thread, especially his 11-paragraph essay on Mark Goldbridge, I wouldn’t think it’s the opinion of someone who just started following his YouTube channel recently and formed a fresh opinion like he just claimed.

Anyway, it’s nothing personal against @VP89 and I don’t want to cause unnecessary tension or steer off topic too much. Everybody’s entitled to their opinion, and everybody has different taste. But telling another member not to post from a certain source is the mod’s job.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you read everything he’s written in this thread, especially his 11-paragraph essay on Mark Goldbridge, I wouldn’t think it’s the opinion of someone who just started following his YouTube channel recently and formed a fresh opinion like he just claimed.

Anyway, it’s nothing personal against @VP89 and I don’t want to cause unnecessary tension or steer off topic too much. Everybody’s entitled to their opinion, and everybody has different taste. But telling another member not to post from a certain source is the mod’s job.
Eh? 11 page paragraph? All my examples are all recent ones by the way, because I only recently started listening to him properly.

Also just to be clear I never said not to post him. I just called him an imbecile, and it's probably not adding to credibility by posting his video to bolster a point of view.

I'm actually a donny fan and have an irrational hope that he turns good. So it's not even like I'm trying to discredit Goldbridge because I don't like his view on Donny as a player or anything.

kps88

Rio's Youtube show just dropped an interview with him

Rio asked him to pick a 5 a side team out of all of our current squad and he went with Varane, Bruno, Shaw, Mata and Matic :lol:

Andersonson

Absolute disgrace how this club as treated this player
A joke surely?

What about the other subs/backup players? He doesn't deserve to start and is either benched or in the stands.

He makes a massive wage and plays for Man United - if that's a disgrace, I don't know anymore.

Only 11 players can play at a time, Donny isn't among the best 15, so he'll have to wait

izec

VdB was bought to replace Pogba who decided to stay.
He will directly replace Pogba next season when he leaves for Real.
Donny will get games. Pogba wont play every game.
If Pogba leaves, we will buy a midfielder. Donny will have better chances, but after 2 years on the bench, i doubt he will stick around. And if we go for a big signing, he will have not much game time again.

I dont think he is good enough for us to start as a 10, and also not what we are looking for. As a 6-8, he is a pretty unknown quantity at this level. I am not surprised he isnt starting, as he isnt as good, just surprised we bought him when Ole doesnt believe in him.

We have Lingard as backup and should have bought a starting CM/DM if Donny isnt rated. Currently, it is a pointless transfer and will be pointless once Pogba leaves as well.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Reckon he'll start against Young Boys on the 14th.
Would like for him to get a run out against Newcastle. Perfect game for him. No pressure with Ronaldo coming back. League game at home. Play him as a #6 instead of Fred and see how it goes.

ChaddyP

A joke surely?

What about the other subs/backup players? He doesn't deserve to start and is either benched or in the stands.

He makes a massive wage and plays for Man United - if that's a disgrace, I don't know anymore.

Only 11 players can play at a time, Donny isn't among the best 15, so he'll have to wait
yeh but he doesnt play at all. Not even in the "easier" home games. Doesn't get subbed on . Jesse Lingard has played more minutes than him this season, asked to go everton and the move was blocked. I think thats unfair to him. Promises were made to him and they weret kept

The United

"A great player"

I mean lower standard and all with our recent site shows.

But then again, with this year squad, not even remotely true.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If Pogba leaves, we will buy a midfielder. Donny will have better chances, but after 2 years on the bench, i doubt he will stick around. And if we go for a big signing, he will have not much game time again.

I dont think he is good enough for us to start as a 10, and also not what we are looking for. As a 6-8, he is a pretty unknown quantity at this level. I am not surprised he isnt starting, as he isnt as good, just surprised we bought him when Ole doesnt believe in him.

We have Lingard as backup and should have bought a starting CM/DM if Donny isnt rated. Currently, it is a pointless transfer and will be pointless once Pogba leaves as well.
We will have to agree to disagree on VdB's ability. He is very similar to Pogba. An attacking midfielder. If he is not good enough, then Ole has made a monumental mistake in buying him and needs to be kicked
Lingard may even be gone in January.

The one thing we can agree on is we made a huge mistake in not bringing in a DM. If we do not convert a player in another position or bring one in in January we will face the same problems we faced last season except they will be much worse.
Chelsea, City and Liverpool and much stronger.

Bebestation

The fact that we could potentially play Pogba, Bruno and VDB all together if we had the right CDM probably highlights his strengths and weaknesses; aswell as the rest of the players in the list aswell.

I'm dying to see VDB but he has the similair weaknesses to Pogba whilst having different strengths.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The fact that we could potentially play Pogba, Bruno and VDB all together if we had the right CDM probably highlights his strengths and weaknesses; aswell as the rest of the players in the list aswell.

I'm dying to see VDB but he has the similair weaknesses to Pogba whilst having different strengths.
I actually think if you give him a role he will stick to it aka Park, Fletcher, Herrera etc. They are all squad type players rather than flair type players. Pogba is the latter. He will try different things and will give the ball away but can also produce a moment of magic. DVB will be more disciplined and can play the role you ask him to and he is better passer of the ball than Fred so he can dictate the play from deep.

Andersonson

yeh but he doesnt play at all. Not even in the "easier" home games. Doesn't get subbed on . Jesse Lingard has played more minutes than him this season, asked to go everton and the move was blocked. I think thats unfair to him. Promises were made to him and they weret kept
Lingard has proven himself more than DvB. Lingard has some form, atleast.

ChaddyP

Lingard has proven himself more than DvB. Lingard has some form, atleast.
and Lingard was given a loan move. DvB has not. Thats what i see as unfair. If ole isnt going to use Donny then i feel its unfair to have him miserable on the bench and not even get five mins against a Leeds side losing 5-1. If ole has some grand master plan to see Donny used more as a sub or starter for games like Newcastle at home then alls well, but if its the same old same old with pogba fred mctominay bruno always starting over him then why keep the lad

Andersonson

and Lingard was given a loan move. DvB has not. Thats what i see as unfair. If ole isnt going to use Donny then i feel its unfair to have him miserable on the bench and not even get five mins against a Leeds side losing 5-1. If ole has some grand master plan to see Donny used more as a sub or starter for games like Newcastle at home then alls well, but if its the same old same old with pogba fred mctominay bruno always starting over him then why keep the lad
Lingard has been here for 10+ years... And Donny was above Lingard until he found form.
It's Donny's second season in the premier league. Maybe the manager thinks he can become good given time. It was the same with Fred, he was awful in his first two season. Atleast now he's okayish.

Mainoldo

@VP89 How much you charging for you to give my Channel abit of good free promo on these threads and discredit the others? :)

ghagua

He's an imbecile because he chronically talks rubbish. He says stupid things like, Wolves didn't deserve to beat us, whilst also saying we were lucky against them. He has child like logic on buying United shirts, he thought Ronaldo is better equipt to lead and coach the team then Ole.

He just says a lot of over the top bullshit that's so exaggerative that when he says an occasional fair point its likely by accident.
Ah, but he talks something you disagree with, but that does not make him an imbecile. People will have different opinions like you and I are having. He has over 1.2 million followers, so he must be doing something right.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ah, but he talks something you disagree with, but that does not make him an imbecile. People will have different opinions like you and I are having. He has over 1.2 million followers, so he must be doing something right.
No, he's an imbecile because he's an imbecile.

If you bothered to read one of my early posts when this sub-debate started, you'll find I said I disagree with a lot of what Adam McKola or Stephen Howsen say, but would still watch their content because it comes from a reasonable basis and they actually debate with peers or rivals. Pointing to Goldbridge's followers is just laughable, followers are a sign of entertainment, not actual substance. Do you think lots of people tune into AFTV because they're all sound, reasonable people debating football matters?!

Anyway Goldbridge isn't close to being a knowledgeable content creator - he's basically there for entertainment and build himself on a persona that's known for insulting others. That's about it. So yeah, back to my point, if you're pointing to him for reasonable football logic then it's baseless.

Raveneye

Rio asked him to pick a 5 a side team out of all of our current squad and he went with Varane, Bruno, Shaw, Mata and Matic :lol:
They're all technically proficient, good passers and with a great first touch. Bruno aside, they all help the team keep and use possession and play a tidy game. They fit how Donny has been trained to view football.. And of course Bruno is the man.

ghagua

No, he's an imbecile because he's an imbecile.

If you bothered to read one of my early posts when this sub-debate started, you'll find I said I disagree with a lot of what Adam McKola or Stephen Howsen say, but would still watch their content because it comes from a reasonable basis and they actually debate with peers or rivals. Pointing to Goldbridge's followers is just laughable, followers are a sign of entertainment, not actual substance. Do you think lots of people tune into AFTV because they're all sound, reasonable people debating football matters?!

Anyway Goldbridge isn't close to being a knowledgeable content creator - he's basically there for entertainment and build himself on a persona that's known for insulting others. That's about it. So yeah, back to my point, if you're pointing to him for reasonable football logic then it's baseless.
OK, he is an imbecile with more than 1.2 million followers. I hold my hands up and agree with you. How many followers do you have? What makes you an expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.