Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Donny is a squad player currently. Its up to him to take his chance when he comes of the bench. He's not done anything to start a match yet.
Neither does Matic or Fred, but they have gotten chances, Donny hasn't

Andersonson

I dont understand the uproar. Everybody should know by now he's 4/5 choice.

He'll get minutes today or tuesday. This ain't no surprise

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Neither does Matic or Fred, but they have gotten chances, Donny hasn't
He's been publicly promised playing time by the manager. He's going to get it.

To expect him to start a match in this stacked lineup is extremely ambitious.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Find the outrage at the lack of game time for him odd. He's clearly not shown anything in his limited starts (and probably in training) to suggest he should be starting yet apparently we should give him a game. Also find the 'yes he's not been very good but we should give him a run of games to prove himself' argument a little strange. If he gets a chance he needs to take it when it comes. United aren't there at his service to enhance his career, it's up to him to prove he's worth it.
This can also be applied to some youngsters, yet these same fans want us the be competing for the big honours. Not sure you can play around with inexperience or players lacking form in such vital areas while trying to compete in this ridiculously competitive/harsh league.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think it's obvious Ole doesn't rate him. He always says he can play in the double pivot yet he doesn't start this game. People saying he's not done anything to start when Sancho and Matic are playing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think it's obvious Ole doesn't rate him. He always says he can play in the double pivot yet he doesn't start this game. People saying he's not done anything to start when Sancho and Matic are playing.
He's been here for like 2 minutes. Feckin hell, this place.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Good one touch and run to draw some defenders for Lingard's goal. Looking forward to seeing him vs Young Boys.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He touched the ball twice :eek: We have progress :D

Too bad for him that Pogba ignored his run and gave the ball to Lingard(not a bad choice ofcourse). He finally could've made his trademark run+goal at United. Showing what he's capable of.
Ah well maybe in his next appearance in two months.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He touched the ball twice :o We have progress :D

Too bad for him that Pogba ignored his run and gave the ball to Lingard(not a bad choice ofcourse). He finally could've made his trademark run+goal at United. Showing what he's capable of.
Ah well maybe in his next appearance in two months.
He didn't have enough space but at least this way he was involved in the build up which is good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You also said we should sign Minamino or Hwang over Haaland.
Nobody's perfect :nervous: :lol:

With Minamino, I wasn't sold on him as a player but I hoped he would come good for Japan. With Hwang, yes, I thought he looked really promising and I'm interested in seeing how he does for wolves.

Bobski

He is not a DM, really wondering why the match thread was so full of demands that he replace Matic. Bruno, Pogba and VDB, you wouldn't play that midfield in FM21.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He is not a DM, really wondering why the match thread was so full of demands that he replace Matic. Bruno, Pogba and VDB, you wouldn't play that midfield in FM21.
Matic was playing like he was barely good enough for League Two. So anyone would be better.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He didn't have enough space but at least this way he was involved in the build up which is good.
That's why i said his trademark run+goal. Because he made goals with those moves before, without there being space. That's his quality as you can see in the compilations from his time at Ajax.

RedDevilRoshi

Contributed to the goal. Fair play to him.

Would like to see him start vs Young Boys on Tuesday night.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Arguably the best 6 minutes of football a player has played

Bobski

Matic was playing like he was barely good enough for League Two. So anyone would be better.
Fred was on the bench, the obvious change if Ole was concerned about Matic, who was nowhere near as bad as made out.

Wanting him to get mins is fine, but the guys has been here over a year, has done next to nothing in admittedly limited mins, don't get the loyalty to the guy as if he deserves something.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like the quick one two passing and running he does further up the pitch - it really opens up the opposition.

Phil

He is definitely a potential asset against parked buses with the close control and passing and moving effectively.

Stacks

Involved in the goal. Good player
Good one touch and run to draw some defenders for Lingard's goal. Looking forward to seeing him vs Young Boys.
None of the defenders bothered with him they were all ball watching but its the thought that counts
Nice involvement in the goal

It's obvious that when Jesse plays everyone goes up a level.
Contributed to the goal. Fair play to him.

Would like to see him start vs Young Boys on Tuesday night.
By getting the assist to to assist assister? Or passing the ball to the guy who created the move? Are we really doing this?
Literally played a 2 ft pass back to Pogba. The simplest and smallest contribution to the move. I believe AWB was involved too because he too touched it earlier. The special stuff was Martial Pogba and J-Lingz lets be honest.

Sylar

Think he would be useful against teams who pack a box. I'm hoping he gets minutes with him staying until Jan at least and a start on Tuesday would be cool

VanDeBank

Ma’am
None of the defenders bothered with him they were all ball watching but its the thought that counts

By getting the assist to to assist assister? Or passing the ball to the guy who created the move? Are we really doing this?
Literally played a 2 ft pass back to Pogba. The simplest and smallest contribution to the move. I believe AWB was involved too because he too touched it earlier. The special stuff was Martial Pogba and J-Lingz lets be honest.
You didn't see him drawing his marker and making 2 other defenders having to make a difficult choice (they were visibly second guessing themselves) that opened up a bit of extra space for Lingard?

ManRed

He has to work hard to get into the team, his position is now occupied by two world class players in Bruno and Pogba. He will get minutes as season progresses but he is a sub for now

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is definitely a potential asset against parked buses with the close control and passing and moving effectively.
Those are qualities the team need in general. Not midfielders giving the ball away under no pressure.

Stacks

You didn't see him drawing his marker and making 2 other defenders having to make a difficult choice (they were visibly second guessing themselves) that opened up a bit of extra space for Lingard?
I watched a replay and as expected of low level defenders they all looked to be ball watching. I'll have another look

if you slow it down to 0.5 speed all the defenders are just watching Pogba and the ball except the player that Donny literally crashes into but he cannot affect the goal. Its no diss to Donny I just think objectively he had very little for the goal. He did ok in the cameo though.

This angle a bit better.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'll hold my judgment for now, but him getting 5 mins is becoming a joke. Let's see what happens next game, it's not like we have a lot of options in midfield so he probably should get a start. But somehow I don't see that happening.

Matthew84!

There is no way VDB will start in a 3 with Pogba and Bruno, if that's what you want give your head a wobble.
Fred, Matic or Scott will always play, VDB should play further up the pitch, hopefully he can get 20 mins in the mid week game.

SoCross

We’ve got one of the best players from the Bundesliga, a league much better than the Dutch league, showing signs that he will need some time to adjust and some patience from the fans.

Donny has not got the time yet and I understand Ole not giving him the time last year because the pressure was on to win after that poor start.

Fully expect him to be eased in more to this team and make more of a contribution than he did last year. But it’s a squad role, he is not starter material for us yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.