5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

He played well. Should have had an assist on Greenwood. Couple of sloppy moments where he thought he had more time than he did but other than that did well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don’t understand the praise. He wasn’t good enough, literally ran away from his man that lead to the goal. Bang average, expectations are way way too low.
I dont think he ran away from him because he was trying to get away from responsibility. He thought there was a threat deeper.

Of course it was the wrong decision, but ive seen Fred and McTominay make similar brain farts often enough.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Much cleaner in possession than Fred is, with worse support tonight. If he didn't put his hat in a ring for a bit more of a run there, then Ole really needs to let him go.

Thought he played a very tidy game

DarkXaero

He had a good performance tonight and our best overall performer tonight. It wasn't a mistake free performance by any means and he has some loose touches/passes but he was active all over the pitch and made himself available for the ball, while playing progressive passes. If he can do this on a regular basis, he deserves more playing time.

E-mal

I'm not impressed neither am I impressed with his competition either.

LJJT

Finally an encouraging performance to give us some idea of where he could fit in. Bit naive for their goal following the ball but his overall ball playing and energy and holding his own in the middle of the pitch was good

Zen86

He looked decent and kept it tidy. Looks to have grown in confidence since last season and warrants a stint in the first team at CM.

Abraxas

I thought he did okay first half but died a death in the second. Seemed to tire quite badly which isn't unexpected as he can't be match sharp but it was disappointing.

Jaxa

For a guy who’s barely played I thought he did really well, of course could have been better but out of all fringe players I think he and probably dalot shined most

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lovely improvement from him. Far more positive in everything he did, could easily push Fred for his place

Toad

I dont think he ran away from him because he was trying to get away from responsibility. He thought there was a threat deeper.

Of course it was the wrong decision, but ive seen Fred and McTominay make similar brain farts often enough.
I’m not saying Fred and McTominay are better. They are all as bad as each other. I think McTominay is the best of the lot but again should only be a squad player. If we want to be challenging we need to get away from this mentality of these average players being good enough. Have to be brutal and there is a reason Ole doesn’t play him. Granted I feel sorry for him because he came here with expectations of playing regularly but we can’t keep players because we feel sorry for them. As brutal as my opinion is I think it’s right.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don’t understand the praise. He wasn’t good enough, literally ran away from his man that lead to the goal. Bang average, expectations are way way too low.
Nope, that was Matic's man, he just didn't have the legs to get there.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Did pretty well tonight except he played a big part in their goal sadly. This is the problem. All that good work will be overlooked because of failing to stay with his man. Ole won't be impressed.

Don't think he's all that either. Fairly tidy on the ball but nothing spectacular. The hype around him from our fanbase you'd think he was Xavi

Red00012

Legs were gone by the end of it but what do you expect. When was the last time he completed 90 mins .

Trequarista10

I thought he played well, but needs to learn/adapt a few things if he's going to be played in that position.

Hoof the ball

Created the best chance of the entire game. By far.

Whatever criticisms there are of him, not a single player created any moment of opportunity better than the one he did.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he played well and should've got a assist when he played a superb ball over the top for Mason which shows he has good vision. He's a very technical player who I like watching play and I believe his performances would be even better if he was playing with the regular first team players.

Sylar

He played well but ultimately the one big moment where west Ham scored, is on him as he lost his man (went to the ball when the cut back was the obvious pass)

His fault for the goal but once the team settled down as a whole he had a very good game.

avgp_1

Was very good till about 75th minute when tiredness set in. Progressive passing from him is miles better than other players we have in terms of tempo and accuracy. But needs to hold his position at times, seems overeager to get into the box

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I thought he was good overall.

At fault for the goal though, but I think he did enough to be trusted in the PL. Would like to see him play next to McT.

ThemanGiggsy

thought he did well. Would like to see him next to McT as well, but then again i am not a fan of the double pivot.

reddevil702

Played well and showed he should at a minimum get time over Fred. Glad to see him get 90 min.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I blame Telles for the goal. When your fullback gets beaten as easily as he did then I'm not gonna blame anyone else. The West Ham player knocked it past him and just ran.

Devil may care

Much like Sancho he played his way into the game and grew in confidence on the ball as well as making some good tackles, given how little he's played I thought he did well.

Litch

Feck me, why don't people use the same energy about other midfielders. If that performance was Scott or Fred, or that goal was conceded on their watch, they would be slaughtered. The bias is ridiculous.......

frostbite

We lost 1-0 and he was responsible for their goal. Since when does this mean "he did pretty well"???

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really really good tonight.

tackling, passing, running, should have had an assist.

spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.