Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Barca and Juve, eh? I’m sure they’ll be ready to spend loads of money.

OmarUnited4ever

Barca, Juve and other clubs ready to take him in January.

If i was him I would ask a transfer request (to leave as a free agent, contract resolution) and stop to go to the training ground
club paid 40m for him, no way he gets free transfer!!!

and not going to training!!!

cool it with crazy talk

lilcurt

I am the only one who things Donny will stay and outlast Ole.

At this point I just can't see Ole here by the end of January with how things are going and our fixtures.

::sonny::

club paid 40m for him, no way he gets free transfer!!!

and not going to training!!!

cool it with crazy talk
FIFA Regulation on the status and transfers of players (hereinafter FIFA Regulation) provides, in Article 13 of Chapter IV, for the key principle that regulates the contractual relationship between professional players and clubs. The aforementioned art. stipulates, in fact, that the contract between a professional footballer and a club can only cease at its natural expiry or with mutual agreement between the parties.

The following art. 14, however, specifies that both parties can terminate a contract - without incurring financial or sporting sanctions - where there is a just cause.

With regard to the termination of the contract for just sporting cause by the player, Article 15 of the aforementioned Regulation provides for the right to terminate the contract before its natural expiry when "an established professional, during a competitive season has played less than 10% of the official matches in which the company to which he belongs participates".

OmarUnited4ever

FIFA Regulation on the status and transfers of players (hereinafter FIFA Regulation) provides, in Article 13 of Chapter IV, for the key principle that regulates the contractual relationship between professional players and clubs. The aforementioned art. stipulates, in fact, that the contract between a professional footballer and a club can only cease at its natural expiry or with mutual agreement between the parties.

The following art. 14, however, specifies that both parties can terminate a contract - without incurring financial or sporting sanctions - where there is a just cause.

With regard to the termination of the contract for just sporting cause by the player, Article 15 of the aforementioned Regulation provides for the right to terminate the contract before its natural expiry when "an established professional, during a competitive season has played less than 10% of the official matches in which the company to which he belongs participates".
check article 16. as i said cool it with the crazy talk

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Barca, Juve and other clubs ready to take him in January.

If i was him I would ask a transfer request (to leave as a free agent, contract resolution) and stop to go to the training ground
:lol:

Not sure if the second or first paragraph is funnier.

lilcurt

I think your in for a rude awakening and Ole will still be here.
Maybe, hopefully he is and that is on the back of us finding form, picking up results and really challenging. I just hope it doesn't go how I think it will. An we limp to a top 4 finish and no trophies with board deeming that's enough.

I'm just sick of hearing about 'the plan'.

Any plan to spend £400m and win nothing without challenging is a shitty plan.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I am the only one who things Donny will stay and outlast Ole.

At this point I just can't see Ole here by the end of January with how things are going and our fixtures.
I would hope so, because there's a good player in there who can contribute if a proper manager actually knows how to make use of him.

But honestly, if Ole is still around in the January transfer window, I hope he's allowed to leave on loan at the very least, we're destroying his career by just leaving him on the bench.

We slate Alaves for not giving Pellestri playing time, but we're basically doing the same to VDB.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I do think the Ajax support striker version of VDB was such an interesting player though.

I'm gutted we haven't got the chance to see him. The real him.

Like sure Bruno Fernandes is on a different level as a SS/CAM himself - however you do wonder all those games in the FA CUP and Carabao why was it not VDB playing as our Number 10 and letting Bruno take a break?

He just doesn't get to play a game and even when he does - it's not even in his best position.

dal

Ole did the same with Fred, not playing him for ages and then he was probably one of our best midfielders last year.

I think he will get his time and hopefully sooner rather than later, he should be able to play that midfield two a lot better than pogba.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ole initially knew how to use him further up the pitch vs Crystal Palace with his debut goal.

Now he doesn't even bring him on as a substitute up the pitch. That's harsh and disappointing and a lie.

All those times without Lingard I don't know why we didn't see him as a sub more up the pitch.

OmarUnited4ever

With the tough PL games coming up in Oct/Nov, I doubt he gets any minutes, he didn't even feature in easier fixtures like Leeds, Southampton, A.Villa or Everton. for him to play, something has to happen, something that forces Ole's hand.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We've probably had worst performing incoming signings, but we're surely getting to the point now where this needs to be considered up there with one of our worst ever signings? Certainly the oddest/least necessary. And he joined in a window where we were supposedly being cautious in the market - we chucked the vast majority of our budget at him!

I mean, what's the point of him being here?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We've probably had worst performing incoming signings, but we're surely getting to the point now where this needs to be considered up there with one of our worst ever signings? Certainly the oddest/least necessary. And he joined in a window where we were supposedly being cautious in the market - we chucked the vast majority of our budget at him!

I mean, what's the point of him being here?
Harsh to label him as the worst ever signing, he's hardly had a chance to prove himself.

Adamsk7

Every now and then I pop in here just to see if the hyperbole is continuing.

Yep, it is.

Good day to you.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Harsh to label him as the worst ever signing, he's hardly had a chance to prove himself.
Not so much on him, but as a signing in general.

Just seems to have been a shambles, spending that much on a player the manager is clearly not interested in.

LARulz

Had no idea he was in the 30 for the balon d'or in 2019

What a shocking couple years for him

acnumber9

United have played 71 games since he signed. Van De Beek has played in 39 of them. I don’t think there is much danger of him being able to terminate his contract. The fandom some players attract is baffling.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
United have played 71 games since he signed. Van De Beek has played in 39 of them. I don’t think there is much danger of him being able to terminate his contract. The fandom some players attract is baffling.
Thats a bit of a strectch to say he has "Played" in 39 games.

How many of them games was he put on with no time to influence the game - like in the 5/10 mins etc - that gets chalked up as an appearance in the stats - yet the reality is very different.
I wouldnt class that as playing

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

How many of them games was he put on with no time to influence the game - like in the 5/10 mins etc - that gets chalked up as an appearance in the stats - yet the reality is very different.
Agreed. He's literally never played 2 games back to back either.

I really don't understand what the coaching staff are thinking? he was patient through the first year and has shown clear signs of improving.

The stupid thing is both Fred and Mctominay have been poor in the last month and he still doesn't get a proper start.

I think it's fair to say his style just doesn't suit Ole's and he should be allowed to leave. It's not going to change. Either he goes or Ole does.

acnumber9

It’s a fact. I don’t think the games laws are written with the intention of considering how much influence a player makes. If it did, Van De Beek owes us some money.

McGrathsipan

It’s a fact. I don’t think the games laws are written with the intention of considering how much influence a player makes. If it did, Van De Beek owes us some money.
I dont care about contracts and money - you lads can debate that until the cows come home.

The fact is that he hasnt been given a chance to prove his worth to the team. A few minutes here and there is not a significant contribution.

He should leave and tell Ole to Fcuk off. Ole is destroying his career.

McGrathsipan

Agreed. He's literally never played 2 games back to back either.

I really don't understand what the coaching staff are thinking? he was patient through the first year and has shown clear signs of improving.

The stupid thing is both Fred and Mctominay have been poor in the last month and he still doesn't get a proper start.

I think it's fair to say his style just doesn't suit Ole's and he should be allowed to leave. It's not going to change. Either he goes or Ole does.
Thats the thing that would drive me over the edge if I was a player.
The fact that even if the players ahead of me are playing shite they still get picked. No matter how bad they are.

He might not be the next Bryan Robson but isnt getting a look in - He should just leave for his own good.

Adam-Utd

Thats the thing that would drive me over the edge if I was a player.
The fact that even if the players ahead of me are playing shite they still get picked. No matter how bad they are.

He might not be the next Bryan Robson but isnt getting a look in - He should just leave for his own good.
Yep. If they'd have been storming it you could say well tough luck the competition is fierce, I get why he doesn't get in ahead of Bruno or played on the wings.

In midfield we have a clear issue with ball retention and defensively he's no worse. I really don't get why he isn't at least being given a run of games.

I bet we let him out on loan in January, he smashes it elsewhere and then doesn't want to return.

acnumber9

I dont care about contracts and money - you lads can debate that until the cows come home.

The fact is that he hasnt been given a chance to prove his worth to the team. A few minutes here and there is not a significant contribution.

He should leave and tell Ole to Fcuk off. Ole is destroying his career.
Then don’t reply to a conversation specifically about the notion he could cancel his contract.

He’s not destroying his career for fecks sake. He plays in a position where we have superior players. Are we destroying Lingard’s career by playing better players?

tenpoless

This is the most worrying part. If both of them had reached their bottom level and vDB still didnt get proper run of games then he should leave. Also it makes the competition non existent. Fred and Scott could go on playing like crap and they know vDB wouldnt replace them.

Adam-Utd

This is the most worrying part. If both of them had reached their bottom level and vDB still didnt get proper run of games then he should leave. Also it makes the competition non existent. Fred and Scott could go on playing like crap and they know vDB wouldnt replace them.
Yep. I always thought Ole would be the type that held the standards high - whats the point of having a big squad if you're just going to keep playing your favourites anyway?

This is another reason why Bruno got burned out the first and 2nd years. He's important to the team so plays plays plays until he can't perform properly - and then we've got a replacement whos out of shape and not in form.

lex talionis

Unless Ole has knowledge that we don't that either Bruno or Pogba is leaving in the January transfer window, United should allow Donny to leave in January. It does the club no good to have a player in the squad -- who is not a developing youth player (such as Elanga) or a near-retirement player (like Mata) never be given a proper chance to perform for the club.

It doesn't matter whether Ole thinks Donny is shite or not. If he's not going to use him for whatever reason, then sell him and let everyone get on with their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.