Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why did we buy him if Ole didn’t rate him? VDB mentioned when we bought him that Ole changed his mind about joining United. 40m wasted which we could have used this season

Sylar

The whole thing is bizarre. There was a point last season it could be argued that we had enough games and we would see more of him

But now it's like Zaha under moyes
Maybe vdb slept with oles wife (or daughter if she's old enough)

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Did Ole really say: "I hope we will get a chance and then gran it" post match?

Thats just plainright sadistic if you ask me...

Foxbatt

Last night Ajax thrashed Dortmund. DVB played for Ajax before his move. The way they passed and moved is exactly how he plays. He should play at least in the CL matches.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
We never received an offer from Everton doesn't mean there was an enquiry about his availability

Jericho

We've just been using what seems like random combinations of CMs in desperate hope that one will work. For that reason alone it really is surprising that he hasn't featured more.

This club really is a terrible place to go for any promising young players.

lex talionis

Last night Ajax thrashed Dortmund. DVB played for Ajax before his move. The way they passed and moved is exactly how he plays. He should play at least in the CL matches.
It's gone beyond absurd, Ole's malmanagement of Donny. We're not so rich a club that we can afford to literally waste 35m plus his 2.2m in wages annually on a player the manager has no use for.

But on the point re Ajax thrashing Dortmund, Donny was a standout player for Ajax while it made its long run in the CL...while United barely scrapes results against mediocre in both the CL and EL. Would it really be that disastrous for United to give Donny a chance, a genuine chance and not a 5 minute cameo twice a month, to see whether he can lift United from a chaotic attack to one that can attack with cohesion?

Jackal981

It's gone beyond absurd, Ole's malmanagement of Donny. We're not so rich a club that we can afford to literally waste 35m plus his 2.2m in wages annually on a player the manager has no use for.

But on the point re Ajax thrashing Dortmund, Donny was a standout player for Ajax while it made its long run in the CL...while United barely scrapes results against mediocre in both the CL and EL. Would it really be that disastrous for United to give Donny a chance, a genuine chance and not a 5 minute cameo twice a month, to see whether he can lift United from a chaotic attack to one that can attack with cohesion?
Because we have someone in the wheel who is clueless and can’t coach. All of our players are left to express themselves. A new coach with clear pattern of play would love to play him

The_Midfielder

We've just been using what seems like random combinations of CMs in desperate hope that one will work. For that reason alone it really is surprising that he hasn't featured more.

Really.. Greenwood, Mct, Lingard, Rashford and even Martial

tomaldinho1

Donny's Diary. Day 402

Dear mother and father,

I have now made the subs seat mould into the shape of my buttocks, such is the time I have have sat there huddled in my puffer jacket. The manager's snide looks and constant smiling make me uneasy. I miss home, the Stamppot with a Grolsch shandy on the side, the sound of laughter, the feeling of playing football. Other ex Ajax players have been in touch, most say it won't be long but winter is closing in. I remember Van Gaal making the English press laugh with his twitchy ass fax-par but what I'd give for a twitchy ass that still believed I might make an appearance, they say it is the hope that kills you but it's not, it's that McTominay starts ahead of me.

Remember me as I was, not as I am.

Donald xx

RedDevil@84

That's simply not true. We are a rich club who can throw away money. Which is why we extended Jones, Smalling, Bailly and now are offering Lingard, who is already on 3.9M per year, a new contract and more money.

We've all speculated on what's gone on but none of us know anything - when he leaves more stuff will come out. Until then it's all speculation. Best he just moves on in January.

The_Midfielder

guys he is not as good as you all make it to be.. We should have sold him in the summer and. bought a DM.. that is the mistake

dal

Reminds me of Fred, he wasn’t used for ages by Ole, I think he will play soon and if he is good he’ll cement his place.

lsd

The Oracle
More pages now on VanDeBeek than Bruno and Mason combined.

That seems very of surely. Donny and Sancho are by far the most active threads here.

Do we just like moaning more than anything else I wonder?

Jericho

guys he is not as good as you all make it to be.. We should have sold him in the summer and. bought a DM.. that is the mistake
That's ok, we just need him to be slightly less shite than what we've been seeing so far.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This will be the second player that Ole has signed in his 2.5 seasons that he will end up selling already. I didn't like the signing to begin with but he's so much better than he's been treated, which I think is worse than Jose and Shaw. When he sees Ole throw in every player under the sun, bar him, to rescue a game...that must be killing him inside. Not even a chance to make himself a hero and potentially get going. We see defenders, Matic & McTominay come on to chase a game ahead of him.

city-puma

i guess we probably will play 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 against pool with VDB involved, cause Fred seems injured.

binary bot
I was watching Spurs vs Ajax on Btsport earlier. Really is incredible he has offered so little here.

Foxbatt

Really.. Greenwood, Mct, Lingard, Rashford and even Martial
Martial is the only one who came from outside. He came while LVG was in charge. McT, Lingard and Rashford started playing before Ole came to United. So the OP is correct. It is a terrible place now. Martial is going to leave soon too. None of the young newcomers who have come to United after he came are playing. Maybe AWB?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
More pages now on VanDeBeek than Bruno and Mason combined.

That seems very of surely. Donny and Sancho are by far the most active threads here.

Do we just like moaning more than anything else I wonder?
No, it just shows how incompetent our manager is.

United in sin

That's why Bellingham stayed clear and Sancho did the same thing by resisting our initial interest after he rejected city's last contract offered to him at 17

MattofManchester

Amazing that Mctominay gets to absolutely stink up the midfield, but people want to say Donny's not better than a borderline Championship midfielder.

NZT-One

Donny's Diary. Day 402

Dear mother and father,

I have now made the subs seat mould into the shape of my buttocks, such is the time I have have sat there huddled in my puffer jacket. The manager's snide looks and constant smiling make me uneasy. I miss home, the Stamppot with a Grolsch shandy on the side, the sound of laughter, the feeling of playing football. Other ex Ajax players have been in touch, most say it won't be long but winter is closing in. I remember Van Gaal making the English press laugh with his twitchy ass fax-par but what I'd give for a twitchy ass that still believed I might make an appearance, they say it is the hope that kills you but it's not, it's that McTominay starts ahead of me.

Remember me as I was, not as I am.

Donald xx
This shouldn't go unnoticed. I imagined him writing the letter in a Civil War uniform deep inside a forest.

The handling of DVB really shines a strange light on our recruitment in the last windows. It somewhat sticks out, can it really be the case that we bought the player without really thinking about how to use him or how we could get the best of him? It is really weird, I hope he will get a chance soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.