Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Solskjaer gets sacked, Pogba signs a contract with Whoever FC in January and is frozen out. Donny takes the reigns in midfield.

Is it really so much to ask for?

TempusFugit

So when will he get his next appearance? Next month maybe? Next year? Ole really doesn't like him. A better manager would know hot to get a tune out of him. We'll probably see McFred against City again.

future2future

Donny is somewhat of a system player, no shame in that. He needs to go the Memphis route: After his United failure he hired an agency to analyze which club would suit his qualities most, Lyon came up and he became a force there. Donny needs to do that he wants to be successful, and always can make another step after that.

united for life

He has to start this weekend. He offers creativity in midfield and can be the answer to linking the team together and build up play. We have lacked so much over the last years in this area. Ole has to open his eyes to this (for his own good - and the club of course). He has to give him a good run in the first team especially that pogba is suspended (and otherwise underperforming). Can’t keep insisting on McFred; this pair lacks creativity and it’s hurting us badly.

Gfooty

He has to start this weekend. He offers creativity in midfield and can be the answer to linking the team together and build up play. We have lacked so much over the last years in this area. Ole has to open his eyes to this (for his own good - and the club of course). He has to give him a good run in the first team especially that pogba is suspended (and otherwise underperforming). Can’t keep insisting on McFred; this pair lacks creativity and it’s hurting us badly.
If I could bet money on Ole playing good old McFred against City, I would. Somehow he thinks this pair brings stabilty and insurance to the midfield while the opposite is true, especially against a team like City

NoPace

We won't do that because Ole isn't that good to set it tactically but it won't because VDB isn't good enough.
When the player says he can play anywhere in midfield and has done it in his career then I think he can be used at other formations.
Whatever the reasons, Ole just doesn't wanna use him consistently
I meant that we don't have a #6 midfielder or 2 center backs or even a RB to pull that system off, not that Van De Beek can't do it. I have my doubts about Bruno too, but realistically he likely has to turn back into that kind of midfielder since it's hard to play a 10 unless we go permanently 3 at the back and now that Conte is not coming, that seems unlikely.

Siorac

Solskjaer gets sacked, Pogba signs a contract with Whoever FC in January and is frozen out. Donny takes the reigns in midfield.

Is it really so much to ask for?
What if all that happens and then we appoint Southgate?

Be careful what you wish for, djinns are cruel.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's had his 6 minutes, see you in another couple of months Donny.

Litch

No surprise but in reality not sure where he would play anyway.

SeanyC

It was a nice 5 or so mins to see him the other night, see you next March hopefully

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Twice in a row a few minutes, hell must be freezing over

mu4c_20le

Actually thought he came on at the 70th minute mark when he was warming up

Anonymous. Once Fred came off we gave up whatever bit of midfield control we had left.

Shows how desperate Ole is though. Relying on a player he's refused to play for so long and doesn't really know is a proper Hail Mary.

TopBins

Even 2011 Messi would look lost in a team managed by this legend :lol:

Ole definitely was waiting for that moment, subbing him on in City's training match just to prove a point. Made Ronaldo look like Donny's country mate Luuk de Jong as well.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The fan reaction to him warming up and then coming on was telling. He didnt do much when he came on but the game was over anyway and we'd given up.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yeah he was shite, except for that one moment where he didn't shit himself when pressed. But anyway, judging a player in these circumstances under this setup that hasn't played football in a year is a joke.

I'll form an opinion once he gets a run of games under the new manager.

Bobski

They had their best clear cut chances the moment we took Fred off and brought Donny on
He played a poor pass, then immediately ran towards the player he gave it to, leaving a massive hole for City to play into, which they did. I find it weird the obsession and martyrdom of Donny, he is not a DM, where do you put him in the team to give him a chance. Are we prepared to drop Bruno to give him that opportunity, because that is the only role for him in the current system.

But yeah "impeccable positioning while defending"

L1nk

Refusing to judge from a 10 minute performance from a player who’s hardly played for months, subbed into a match where the team had given up. What do people expect him to do, bring us back from the brink in a few minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.