5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

It’s honestly hilarious that so many people are assuming Donny walks straight into this team under Rangnick.

Maybe he will win his place, but it will take time. Doubtful he’s shown enough in training to go into the first eleven after Ralf has only been training with them a couple of days.

If he doesn’t get a chance under Rangnick and he gets sold in Jan, I’m sure Ole will get the blame for “ruining” him or something.

Happy to be proven wrong on all counts.

R'hllor

Usually when new manager comes, he gives a chance to those who were on a side under previous one. Guess maybe thats why people expect him to start, those players tend to prove the point, give little bit of extra, dunno.

Sviken

Usually when new manager comes, he gives a chance to those who were on a side under previous one. Guess maybe thats why people expect him to start, those players tend to prove the point, give little bit of extra, dunno.
I'd be shocked if Rangnick would start Donny right off the bat. That'll be rocking the boat a little too much. We'll see if he gets a sub appearance (and by sub appearance I don't mean introduced in the 90th minute Ole style) and then slowly introduced into the squad. For me it makes no sense for McTominay to still have a starting point. He's shown nothing to deserve it.

MrBest

It’s honestly hilarious that so many people are assuming Donny walks straight into this team under Rangnick.

Maybe he will win his place, but it will take time. Doubtful he’s shown enough in training to go into the first eleven after Ralf has only been training with them a couple of days.

If he doesn’t get a chance under Rangnick and he gets sold in Jan, I’m sure Ole will get the blame for “ruining” him or something.

Happy to be proven wrong on all counts.
I guess it is easy to assume what you have about a player who has barely any minutes in 18 months. Not sure why you bringing Ole into this now, he is yesterday's news. It feels like you are trying to instigate a debate. Everyone is aware, the more minutes DVB gets, the more chance he will have to show people what he can do. I have faith in him, his talent is clear, i want to see his execution now, if given more of a chance by Ralph.

Edit: i think ralph did right thing by selecting the same team that played Arsenal. He's had hours with this lot, any changes need to be over time.

L1nk

When he spoke to Ole on the phone Ole insisted that he couldn’t drop McFred or Maguire no matter the circumstances, in fact i think Ole insisted on putting this into any new managers contract when he left

criticalanalysis

Played well when he came on. He'll probably start the game mid-week.

Looking forward to that and the amount of changes Ralf is likely to make :smirk:

GMoore23

Worked really hard for the team after coming on today, Was making crucial clearances and tackles which was great to see.

McSauce FC

Whenever we get to know Ralf’s style better and are able to play it fluently as a team, as our system, we will be able to rest Bruno more and give Donny his time. Rotation will be less risky when we are less dependent on individual brilliance.

He could also play in a 2 with Bruno in a 4222 like Sancho did today.

I don’t think he fit’s in a 4222 in place of Fred or Scott, and he isn’t good enough to bench Bruno (as it seems).

Reactions: Cheimoon

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Perhaps if we was winning games by a bigger margin he would get to come on alot earlier, he just needs a game with no pressure on it,,hopefully midweek
we're not winning games by a bigger margin because McFred rarely has control of the midfield

EdinburghDevil

I expect he'll play against Young Boys. With the amount of fixtures in December, it makes sense to get Donny on the pitch mid week.

The United

This formation will give him a lot more time unless of course he is absolute shit in training. Or not as good as CAF thinks.

But I am hoping he can turn a new page under this guy.

Hoof the ball

He stands a great chance of getting more games now in the 4222 since it won't be a case of either Bruno or Donny. Two no. 10 positions is brilliant news for Donny.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He stands a great chance of getting more games now in the 4222 since it won't be a case of either Bruno or Donny. Two no. 10 positions is brilliant news for Donny.
But it also means that he now has to rival Sancho for a spot, too. Don't think that's much better for him.

criticalanalysis

But it also means that he now has to rival Sancho for a spot, too. Don't think that's much better for him.
Under a different manager, this is absolutely his best situation all things considered. New energy sapping style of play = more squad rotation, a manager who actually knows how to coach = more tactical flexibility and with Pogba out/Bruno's indifferent form, this is as good as it gets for him.

Even if it means doubling his 5 mins cameos to 10 mins :drool:

croadyman

How on earth did he get top marks on BBC ratings when he only played 4 minutes plus

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How on earth did he get top marks on BBC ratings when he only played 4 minutes plus
Because they're bollocks?

United aren't winning: Opposition fans go on the page and rate all the United players 1/10.
United are winning: United fans go on the page and rate all the United players 10/10.

Coming on late shields his rating from being tanked by #1. Means less than nothing. Means even less than caf ratings. :lol:

SonyaCross493

Hopefully he gets a full 90 minutes against Young Boys and impresses so much he starts against Norwich. It's up to Donny now to take his chance.

UpWithRivers

Its not a guarantee still. We have Lingard, Pogba, Bruno, Mason, Sancho even Mata and Amad that can play in the 10 role. He will have more chance taking McTominays role but thats still a big IF

Wrecking ralf

He must be certain to start on Wednesday. Be interesting to see where he is played through. Be happy to see him and Amad in the no10 roles. Though I do think he could easily play in one of the CM roles as he'd link we'll with the 10's and had the work rate to get back and defend

Raw

Excited to see how he'll do tonight in Rangnick's system. Won't have the best players around him but hopefully that won't matter.

RUCK4444

I want to see the Donny we saw in certain cameos when he’s dynamic and playing the ball forwards, involved in the game.

He really doesn’t need a negative/anonymous performance tonight, he’s sharp enough to know that though.

High energy, press, vertical balls. Ralf’s way :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really hope he plays in CM, possibly with Matic.

I don't like him as much in the higher positions, much better deeper.

lex talionis

I really hope Donny isn't subbed off in the 85th minute, which for no good reason was the default minute Ole subbed him, on the few occasions Ole subbed him on.

NewYorkRed

This could be bad for him. Playing in a 2 with…Mata? He better pray we always have possession otherwise we could be pretty open at the back and he will get slated for no reason. Wouldve made more sense to start Mengi and play him as CB and put Matic with DvB

Status
Not open for further replies.