Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
This could be bad for him. Playing in a 2 with…Mata? He better pray we always have possession otherwise we could be pretty open at the back and he will get slated for no reason. Wouldve made more sense to start Mengi and play him as CB and put Matic with DvB
Indeed, it's gonna be a hard game for him with this lineup. Also kinda makes me think that Ragnick doesn't consider him starting XI worthy

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I actually think he played decently considering, I know I'll be in the minority.
I'm with you, a cock up for the goal but lots of positives, tenacious, strong tackling, wish he hadn't mouthed off to the manager though, dont think that will do him any favours.

Siorac

I actually think he played decently considering, I know I'll be in the minority.
Yeah he played well enough, mistake aside. But a Mata-DvB midfield was never going to be spectacular, at least not for the right reasons.

Ekeke

Wrong choice with the pass leading to the goal, but did decently other than that. 6 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances and 1 blocked shot is more of a ball winning display than McTominay and Fred usually come up with. More of a hard work performance than quality.

JG3001

Aside from the sloppy pass, thought he was decent, nowt spectacular, don’t think he should be playing as a lone DM again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He played DM with Mata as a midfield partner. What did people expect?

The United

I mean what was RR hoping to see from a Mata - DVB combo in deep though?

Why would Mata even start? It is just pretty weird.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is such an average footballer. The rest of the team doesn't matter, just look at what he does. He's "ok" at most things but doesn't stand out with anything. He's fine to rotate in as one of the deeper mids occasionally, but he doesn't really provide anything. McTominay is pretty much the same, but at least is a lot stronger physically.

arnie_ni

Wrong choice with the pass leading to the goal, but did decently other than that. 6 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances and 1 blocked shot is more of a ball winning display than McTominay and Fred usually come up with. More of a hard work performance than quality.
I'd love to see his touches and passes if you can get them. Seemed to be involved an awful lot as well.

spiriticon

He's just not that good. Can't control the game as a 6, can't provide a spark as a 10. Maybe try him in goal next?

Greenwood made something of this game, even with a mish mash lineup.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He was surrounded by mata, matic and lingard and our midfield wasn't overrun.

He's no bruno though, however i'll have him over mct.

Bobski

He was, as he usually is, pretty average. Worked hard, tackled enthusiastically, not very good positionally and finished with an 84% pass completion rate despite rarely trying anything difficult. And give away a goal.

Didn't make a case to start at the weekend.

Roboc7

I thought he was ok given the circumstances. Playing alongside Mata was pretty much impossible.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Got stuck in, but showed absolutely no passing range. Struggle to see him getting meaningful game time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure if he suffered from being around other similar players with nobody holding, but not great from him.

Ekeke

I'd love to see his touches and passes if you can get them. Seemed to be involved an awful lot as well.
74 passes, 83.8% accuracy, 92 touches

Most passes, most touches, our biggest ball winner by far

Basically a Fred performance. All pretty good without being very impactful going forward and made a mistake

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I still don't think he's had his fair shot but it feels like he hasn't taken 90% of the opportunities he's been given to shine.

I still think he has something to give but its becoming more difficult to see it working out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.