5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

He certainly is a much better player than what we have got now. That's the issue. Yes he doesn't get a chance to start. Give him a couple of games and if he is not better than McFred, sell him.
Yep, been saying it for ages. He can’t be worse than what we already have.

Sviken

Does that mean another few months on the bench before he gets another 10 minutes of game time? Ya know, maybe i'm starting to figure this Donny shit out. Maybe the real aim here is for him to play as shit as possible in order to start games. C'mon Donny lad, do your best McFred impression next time.

youngrell

He needs more minutes/chances, but he also needs to do a lot more himself.

Even last night, where he was barely involved, he still showed he has a better grasp of closing down the opponents and adding some structure to the team shape, but then at the same time there's a lot of nothingness from him when he has the ball.

I think he could be a benefit to the team overall, particularly if he's a part of a midfield 3, and I don't even think it means he replaces Bruno as he can play further ahead as a false 9 flanked by 2 inverted forwards.

Donny could probably work well as one of the 10s in Ralf's 4-2-2-2, too. He did alright the few times he played on the left under Ole.

yipthatman

Yep, been saying it for ages. He can’t be worse than what we already have.
Is that what we are settling for these days? Someone who can't be worse than what we have? Fred and Mctominay are both well established United players, both have been first teamers for a while now, I agree that they should be moved on but it should be a clear upgrade. We need a couple of top level players in those positions, that isn't VDB in my opinion.

Teja

We played 4-2-3-1 back to Ole's formation. Still 3 vs 2 for a lot of it, but at the same time Bruno's involvement is the most from an AM so he's probably a .5 making it 3 vs 2.5

Thats more presses per game than McTom and very high involvement with passes with the ball.

Now on the day he had 65% pass accuracy... Shambolic and one of the reasons we would lose control. But thats on him and how he performed, not due to us being outnumbered
Yeah I think we're saying the same thing. We were outnumbered 3v2 in midfield, that much is clear to me. I don't know if it's as simple as Bruno playing too high or if there's something more going on. For simplicity, let's only focus on situations when we lost the ball (attack -> defence transitions). Other situations (build up from back) might have different problems - e.g., Bruno being shit and losing the ball.

Both Cavani and Bruno put in a shift, so if he can't get the players' positioning right with those two, it seems unlikely that he will get it right when we play Ronaldo.

El Zoido

Is that what we are settling for these days? Someone who can't be worse than what we have? Fred and Mctominay are both well established United players, both have been first teamers for a while now, I agree that they should be moved on but it should be a clear upgrade. We need a couple of top level players in those positions, that isn't VDB in my opinion.
We shouldn’t settle for it, but we have a season to finish and we’re clearly not buying anyone this month. We can’t control a game against anyone, it’s crazy. Need to work with what we’ve got.

Bobski

Made a couple of tackles and passed it sideways simply. He wasn't particularly impressive but we looked more structured simply for being better able to match up numbers wise against Villa.

We know this midfield is limited, RR has them isolated against 3-5 players at times with 4 very attacking players ahead of them, 2 forwards on the wings who are like 99% attack, 1% defense. So easy for the opposition midfield with this much space.

If DVB starts at the weekend he needs to play a little deeper, because he has that tendency to drop off a simple pass then move into a very high, almost striker position, making it hard for him to stay involved.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Wonder if he will get a start on saturday, after Ralf's comments about him?

We definitely cant go to Villa with 2 CMs again, won't get away with it twice.

captaincantona

It’s fuking staring us in the face.

McT as a disciplined 6. Fred and DVB at 8 and Fernandes as a 10/false 9. Rashford/Sancho and Greenwood as inside forwards and fuking tell Shaw and Dalot they can fuk off in the January transfer window unless they spend at least 60% of their time on the pitch in the oppositions half. Donny controls the pace, Fred wins the ball back up high, Fernandes does his thing...what’s not to love??

job done. Fuk off Ronny, Fuk off Pogba and Cavani can run his bollox off for 20 minutes at the end of needs be.

Now where don’t pick up my iPad and earphones?

Mullet_Man

Anyone know what his longest run in the team is?

It's ridiculous he's never had a run of games, he should never be judged for the one of games here and there he plays, or the 5 mins off the bench.

Hope he gets a chance, he shown last night he's capable.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Anyone know what his longest run in the team is?

It's ridiculous he's never had a run of games, he should never be judged for the one of games here and there he plays, or the 5 mins off the bench.

Hope he gets a chance, he shown last night he's capable.

This is his longest run, this also includes a CL match and International match where he played 90ish

Red00012

Is it reasonable to ask why we haven’t played a midfield trio of Fred / McTom and VDB?

Marcus

I think a light bulb has gone off in Ralf's head. Three midfielders with Donny gives you control. This is Donny's hour. Now the problem is managing the attackers with less playing time in the offing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think a light bulb has gone off in Ralf's head. Three midfielders with Donny gives you control. This is Donny's hour. Now the problem is managing the attackers with less playing time in the offing.
Not like they are scoring or creating or helping control the game in any way. I’d be delighted to see an attacker dropped for Donny for a game or two at least. Playing both Greenwood and Rashford is currently pointless.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Donnie reminds me of an ex-GF. Only seemed to have been happy with the previous BF. Could never move on from it and adjust to her new relationships.

Foxbatt

I think he can play in the 4222. Him and Bruno. Ronaldo/ Cavani with Sancho or Greenwood up front.

Smores

You'd think he's a perfect player for Ralf. He's fairly good at putting himself about to win the ball back and he doesn't just wait wanting the ball to feet he moves to drag the opposition about.

Some of our fans think anyone not showing for the ball and demanding it to feet is automatically hiding though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What I don't get is why Rangnick hasn't played the 442 diamond as his main tactic because he has a history with it.

4 forwards competing for 2 spots. Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood.

Players like Bruno, Sancho, VDB competing for CAM/F9 role.

A CDM spot for Matic. Mctominay can cover until our signing.

CM spots for VDB, Bruno, Mctominay, Fred, Pogba's.

Not sure what the 4222 is so necessary for him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Who cares, they are out of form and need to start fighting for starting positions

OmarUnited4ever

I thought he would start in the cup vs Villa, but he didn't, I also thought he would start vs Burnley since Bruno was suspended but he didn't, that tells he won't start vs Villa away in the league this weekend.

I don't see him getting a run ever, so he's probably leaving on loan to get game time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Guarantee he's on the bench Saturday. Should be sold if this Switzerland midfield player comes in as rumoured. He is bottom of the pecking order.

Jonesno.8

Sounds as if he has been offered around on loan, wouldn't be averse to this especially if it was to a Prem team, especially one who he could get game time week in week out. If it works out we have good options and if not, nothing lost. Seems an honest hard working fella, a better atmosphere and some trust in him could be all he needs. I don't see him playing much here, regardless of Ragnicks recent comments.

NoPace

Seems like he has been offered on loan to Newcastle and Dortmund.
Dortmund are already shoving a central player out wide with Brandt. Newcastle is sort of a weird fit too unless it's to get him time as a deeper midfielder.

If Rangnick is staying I think Southampton should be considered if Hassenhuttl can make the right pitch.

Brighton could use him for sure.

Brentford too. Onyeka hasn't started well and is away at AFCON and Janelt-Nordegaard-VanDeBeek seems like a really well balanced midfield 3 that could be settled before Onyeka even gets back.

Aston Villa 2:2 Man Utd

Bobski

18-20 months and 3 managers of not being able to force his way ahead of 3 players this forum thinks are total shite.

He ain't that good, 120K a week, dump him, anywhere and bring in someone who is an actual viable option

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
fecking shite. Didn't win the game in the 2 minutes he had. Abysmal stuff. Shouldn't play for at least 10 games now

united for life

Why do managers not want to play him.. he’s everything we need right now. I don’t get it,
unfair comment. He plays 2-3 minutes a game…

funny this rangnick guy. He advised him to stay till the summer. Very good advice

SuperiorXI

I honestly have no idea how he doesn't get games, it's football's biggest mystery right now.

When he does play he looks good even though he only gets 20 seconds at the end of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.