Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Actually looked like a footballer when we brought him on compared to the 2 other muppets.

Played some lovely touches, the 1 with the outside of his boot to flick onto the runner was beautful.

He's obviously not world class but he always works hard, he rarely ever gives the ball away and he is actually progressive.

He should be starting alongside Eriksen.

JoaquinJoaquin

Don't particularly rate him, but i'd rather see anyone start over McTominay at this point

GoldanoGraham

He needs to be given a start in the next game - if he cannot dislodge McFred after Brighton then he should definitely leave as he will never get a chance.

20 min cameos are never going to give him a chance - alongside Erikson looks lightweight on paper but look how shite McFred is and it’s worth a go.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Calm down lads. Donny is obviously in the manager's plans if he turned down an upgrade on VDB:

TheGame

Actually looked like a footballer when we brought him on compared to the 2 other muppets.

Played some lovely touches, the 1 with the outside of his boot to flick onto the runner was beautful.

He's obviously not world class but he always works hard, he rarely ever gives the ball away and he is actually progressive.

He should be starting alongside Eriksen.
Can't see that happening as neither of them are holding type players, it would probably have to be one or the other unless Bruno players in the front 3 or Erikson is told to play as a deep playmaker.

joedirt87

Should be playing instead of Bruno as the 10, not as a holding player.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Calm down lads. Donny is obviously in the manager's plans if he turned down an upgrade on VDB:

Wijnaldum is it no way an upgrade on VDB. Wijnaldum slows down everything. Very noticeable every time VDB / FDJ / Wijnaldum played together in the Dutch NT and seeing that Ten Hag wants to play a system similar to the Ajax system, Wijnaldum would never ever fit into that, very different player, so not an upgrade but a different type.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wijnaldum is it no way an upgrade on VDB. Wijnaldum slows down everything. Very noticeable every time VDB / FDJ / Wijnaldum played together in the Dutch NT and seeing that Ten Hag wants to play a system similar to the Ajax system, Wijnaldum would never ever fit into that, very different player, so not an upgrade but a different type.
Wijnaldum is in another league compared to VDB. I remember seeing him play a couple of absolutely flawless games in the CL with Liverpool in that season we finished second (the year after their CL win?).

He has VDB goalscoring ability but he's also capable of dribbling, shooting and doesn't get ragdolled in the PL either. Yes, he's had a rough season, but you forgot to mention him and Memphis carried the NT by themselves. In 2019 they were incredible.

We don't need another attacking midfielder, especially when Eriksen was available on free. To me, that seems the most likely explanation for the veto. That, or the story is just paper talk.

Also let's not forget Donny was bang, bang average for Everton in contrast to Wijnaldum being Newcastle's top scorer. The day Donny wins a CL, I'll reconsider.

NLunited

Wijnaldum has not shown hardly anything this year and was dropped from the NT.

Donny looked good on Sunday, I am starting to think he will get a lot of playing time because of how badly McT and Fred performed.

Bobski

That is your competition Donny, you can't even convince the manager that gave you your big break that you are a better option. We are supposed to feel sorry for him? we lack leadership, fight, character, athleticism, Donny is the answer to these problems?

Any midfielder with a bit of something about them would come into the club, go straight into the team and be one of our key players. Donny.Is.Not.That.Guy.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
That is your competition Donny, you can't even convince the manager that gave you your big break that you are a better option. We are supposed to feel sorry for him? we lack leadership, fight, character, athleticism, Donny is the answer to these problems?

Any midfielder with a bit of something about them would come into the club, go straight into the team and be one of our key players. Donny.Is.Not.That.Guy.
People like us have being saying this for ages, the donny fanboys aren't going to listen.

led_scholes

Why don't we sell him? Are we protecting his value again? He is behind Bruno, Eriksen, McFred, and we are trying to bring 2 new cms.

GoldanoGraham

Seriously I would play him instead of Bruno - cannot contribute any less than Bruno currently and would have a more positive impact on those around him.

Devil81

Sums up the Dutch league, too many shite teams and players.

Get him sold.

BlueHaze

Sick and tired of this guy being an outcast game after game put on the bench. Every single game he got a chance he showed he had a good attitude. He's better on the ball than both McTom and Freddy. How can his own previous manager who had him look like world class at Ajax to the point even Madrid wanted him chose Fred, Scott, Bruno or whatever other trash constantly over him.

Andersons Dietician

It’s not Fred or McT he needs to replace but Bruno. Surely has to happen soon as if Bruno keeps playing like this then it’s negligent managerial work unless Donny is actually just terrible in training.

Grande

Sick and tired of this guy being an outcast game after game put on the bench. Every single game he got a chance he showed he had a good attitude. He's better on the ball than both McTom and Freddy. How can his own previous manager who had him look like world class at Ajax to the point even Madrid wanted him chose Fred, Scott, Bruno or whatever other trash constantly over him.
Yes, how? How is it possible? It’s impossible, isn’t it? The only possible explanation would be if your premises are wrong.

Stacks

You have no idea what you are talking about. He hasn't impressed ANY of 3 managers including his own former coach and simply not convinced them to put him in ahead of McTom because we have better options

Bobski

Then people like you should explain why is it every game he plays he has looked better than Bruno for months now.
People don't have to explain something that hasn't happened. Bruno has been rubbish for months but Bruno being rubbish is still levels above anything Donny had offered for Utd. Donny comes on for 10 mins, passes the ball back to the guy who gave it to him 5 times, fans start thinking that he will help us keep the ball. He starts, passes the ball back to the player who gave it to him for 30 mins, his teammates realize there is no point giving him the ball because he will never make anything happen, he vanishes from the game, and repeat.

It amazes me how he has been built up to be this mythical ball progressing creative player when nearly every minute he has played for the club has showcased the opposite, not creative, doesn't want to play a progressive pass, doesn't take responsibility.

Christian Eriksen comes straight into the team, well past his best, ahead of Donny, Why?

lex talionis

It’s not Fred or McT he needs to replace but Bruno. Surely has to happen soon as if Bruno keeps playing like this then it’s negligent managerial work unless Donny is actually just terrible in training.
So true. Others here have said the same.

We have to put an end to this "untouchable" status we keep assigning to our big name players like Bruno, Rashford and Maguire. If you're shitting turds, you need to sit down. Donny is a natural 8/10 who's not going to hunt down prey like a Steven Gerrard but he will sniff out chances in the box and not give the ball away and moan all game as Bruno does.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Then people like you should explain why is it every game he plays he has looked better than Bruno for months now.
:lol:, I would love to know which games these were! You mean the games where he did nothing and it was like having 10 men on the pitch? I guess from a certain point of view one would play better than Bruno when no one is even aware you are there.

atkar83

We are so slow to sell compared to other top teams. No standards.
I doubt anyone calls us to buy our players. If anyone is struggling, we simply buy their replacement and let them sit on the bench or train with the reserves. So they're already selling them at a low, and usually at much higher wages than comparable talent. We were incredibly lucky that Inter purchased the likes of Alexis Sanchez from us or we would have still probably have been saddled with his wages on our bench.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I doubt anyone calls us to buy our players. If anyone is struggling, we simply buy their replacement and let them sit on the bench or train with the reserves. So they're already selling them at a low, and usually at much higher wages than comparable talent. We were incredibly lucky that Inter purchased the likes of Alexis Sanchez from us or we would have still probably have been saddled with his wages on our bench.
We need to start telling players and their agents to find a new club. Make them do the work.

Harder to persuade them when they're on inflated wages, of course...

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol:, I would love to know which games these were! You mean the games where he did nothing and it was like having 10 men on the pitch? I guess from a certain point of view one would play better than Bruno when no one is even aware you are there.
Well this is the problem. The average fan doesn't see what Donny does but on Hollywood pass from Bruno in 90 mins and 89 mins of moaning and giving the ball away and fans think he is "doing something"

lex talionis

Seriously I would play him instead of Bruno - cannot contribute any less than Bruno currently and would have a more positive impact on those around him.
Agree. Even if Donny proves to be the disaster of a footballer that many here believe him to be, FFS give the man a proper runout at the position we know he can ("can" not "will", as we won't know until we give him a shot) excel in.

We can bitch and moan about the decision to buy Donny all we want, but he's now in his third season at OT and Bruno has been dropping turds for about 12 months straight now, so he's opened the door to Donny and let's see what he can do. Mind you, it's Liverpool so Donny would haven't the run of the pitch, but if he really is good enough -- and we'll see about that -- let him have a go at Liverpool.

Bwuk

He's not starting against Liverpool. You beat them with balls in behind and that's not Donnys game.

It'll be Bruno at 10.

Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool

Sylar

What is his position? Is it behind the striker?

I feel like whenever he comes on, I forget that hes on. Like he doesnt make it seem like were playing with a man less or anything, but just dont notice him doing anything good. Or bad. Or anything.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What is his position? Is it behind the striker?

I feel like whenever he comes on, I forget that hes on. Like he doesnt make it seem like were playing with a man less or anything, but just dont notice him doing anything good. Or bad. Or anything.
For pool he was sort of a SS. I thought it was a decent cameo and was on goal if Bruno had seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.