Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Expert in off the ball hidden impact, right?? Guy just never gets involved and doesn't do anything. Firmly believe we can get rid this season and promote a youth guy and won't be any worse off.

criticalanalysis

Yikes, that was worrying.

Hopefully he finds more of a role/sees the ball in the next couple of games.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not sure he had any help from the forwards, but also didn't impose himself at all. Can only really judge him playing alongside real talent though, imo.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Not sure he had any help from the forwards, but also didn't impose himself at all. Can only really judge him playing alongside real talent though, imo.
He's the one who is meant to help THEM. He wasn't a number 9, he was a number 10. Our last goal had zero involvement from him, bloody Bailly had more of an impact.

romufc

Absolute poor performance. People saying he hasn;t played with talent and all. A good player looks above the talent next to him.

How was Iqbal able to outshine Donny.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Absolute poor performance. People saying he hasn;t played with talent and all. A good player looks above the talent next to him.

Because Iqbal is more talented. We never should've bought Donny as it was obvious at Ajax he was too limited. Frenkie carried that midfield.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

All the kids did better than him. They actually imposed themselves on the match. Donny just passes side ways and runs up and down never showing himself.

Charles Miller

I think we should reset all our previous opinion on our players and give everybody a new opportunity now.

Tarrou

he just looks weak as piss every time we see him (which isn't very often to be fair)

Bobski

Donny as a 10 is a poor man's David Platt or a limited Dele Ali, he is not going to create or make things happen by himself, but he can score goals If those around create for him, effectively a poacher in that role. That is not enough for a top club as anything more than a rotation player.

He has to make himself an option in cm if he is to make a real impact here, but his passing range is limited and he is a bit lightweight despite working harder.

One half of course but hopefully it shows that Donny will have to earn his chances. Sticking him straight into the team with how poor he has been for Utd and Everton might have caused some dressing room issues.

MrBest

Can pass, can dribble, can run, can do a lot of things but from today's performance, looks very very unfit. He may be a few months behind the rest of the squad in regards to fitness. I think start of the season, he may warm the bench, mid season, we may see more.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can pass, can dribble, can run, can do a lot of things but from today's performance, looks very very unfit. He may be a few months behind the rest of the squad in regards to fitness. I think start of the season, he may warm the bench, mid season, we may see more.
He can ?

Cabrini

Supports
Ajax
as a Ajax fan being a guest here i think Donny is very underestimated, it is a superb player witch is intelligent in seeing the game only one should use him in his power and he will be the suprise of the year. Especially if he can play with Frenky...we miss both at Ajax. It is for us each time the same, we always loosing our best players to big money spenders..with Ten Hag as coach Donny understand what TH wants and if he can make a short combinations with players around him he is not to stop...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You ever watched him before he came to United?
I judge him for what he's done for us, which has been very, very little.

He has a bizarre fanbase, I say that much. Keep talking him up this supposed great player but we rarely ever see it.

Mcking

Lingard without the energy, running and ball-carrying. He shouldn't be playing in the Premier League, definitely not on 105 x 68 meters pitches. The dimensions are way too big for him.

He is one of the most mediocre footballers I've ever seen in this league. Slow, weak, average height, non-existent passing range, almost never dribbles past a man, and doesn't contribute much defensively. He offers no presence, control or penetration, he just excels at nothing.

The only reason he still has a reputation as a footballer is because he's had the privilege of hiding on the bench while Fred and McTominay took to the pitch most games because the other option is a nothing footballer. The more he has to play, the more he will be exposed, but he won't be, because he will be on the bench while a bizarre faction constantly make excuses for him after nothing performances in cup games.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I would offer him back to Ajax and get Antony. He wont cut it here imo.
Someone said he looks unfit, and if thats the case he is an idiot. His one chance under a coach he knows and he is not ready

Stacks

One-twos/dummies around the box and the instant pass backwards.
this is accurate
no...he cannot
as a Ajax fan being a guest here i think Donny is very underestimated, it is a superb player witch is intelligent in seeing the game only one should use him in his power and he will be the suprise of the year. Especially if he can play with Frenky...we miss both at Ajax. It is for us each time the same, we always loosing our best players to big money spenders..with Ten Hag as coach Donny understand what TH wants and if he can make a short combinations with players around him he is not to stop...
Literally the only people who rate him are Ajax fans. The PSV and Feyenord fans on here provide a more honest assessment that he was 6th or 7th best player in an average Ajax team. Very few of your stars from that "all time great" team that reached the semi's have proven great in a top league with a top side so why would your mediocre ones do so?

He has a bizarre fanbase, I say that much. Keep talking him up this supposed great player but we rarely ever see it.
they are living in the past and going off Ajax academy rep more than anything.
Lingard without the energy, running and ball-carrying. He shouldn't be playing in the Premier League, definitely not on 105 x 68 meters pitches. The dimensions are way too big for him.

He is one of the most mediocre footballers I've ever seen in this league. Slow, weak, average height, non-existent passing range, almost never dribbles past a man, and doesn't contribute much defensively. He offers no presence, control or penetration, he just excels at nothing.

The only reason he still has a reputation as a footballer is because he's had the privilege of hiding on the bench while Fred and McTominay took to the pitch most games because the other option is a nothing footballer. The more he has to play, the more he will be exposed, but he won't be, because he will be on the bench while a bizarre faction constantly make excuses for him after nothing performances in cup games.
its been apparent "but there's a player in there" seems to be the modus operandi

Abraxas

I'm a big critic of this guy as I don't see it with him and I think too many excuses got made for something that is within his control (impressing managers and getting in a side)

But I wouldn't go overboard about one pre season match. Poor but let's see how preseason and early season progress.

MrBest

Sometimes a player can have a bad experience at a club for whatever reason. Take Di Maria for example, was rubbish in England, great in Spain and France. I'm not saying Donny will make it at United, but there is 100% a player there, maybe England is not for him, but then again, what chance has he been given. Out of 6k mins in 2 seasons, he probably played less than 1k and most from the bench. Whatever has happened has happened, I am intrigued to see how he develops under his old boss, whom he was outstanding under.

MrBest

this is accurate

no...he cannot

Literally the only people who rate him are Ajax fans. The PSV and Feyenord fans on here provide a more honest assessment that he was 6th or 7th best player in an average Ajax team. Very few of your stars from that "all time great" team that reached the semi's have proven great in a top league with a top side so why would your mediocre ones do so?

they are living in the past and going off Ajax academy rep more than anything.

its been apparent "but there's a player in there" seems to be the modus operandi
You are some guy, why don't we have a debate in 12 months rather than flippantly dismissing every single person / fan that has faith in him. I find people like you, very narrow minded and usually unsuccessful in real life but successful (from a self fulfilled point of view) behind a screen in forums and social media. :D

12 months mate, we debate, im happy to bite my lip if I am wrong, a players luck at a club is sometimes like roulette.

Status
Not open for further replies.