4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

Sancho's technical gifts are a lot more evident than whatever Donnie used to ever bring even at Ajax.
\
I suspect that he has been told by Murtough to improve Donnie and not waste that investment.
Or maybe he genuinely rate as at least capable of being a decent squad having coached him during his best.

KeanoMagicHat

Messed around? Its not like he wasn't given any chances. He just doesn't seem to want to grab those opportunities with both hands.

Every time he plays its the same. Insipid. I have not noticed any progression at all after 2 1/2yrs.
He was brought on with 5 minutes to go in a number of games. At one point last season, Elanga I believe playing two full games had more minutes on the pitch than Van de Beek's 12 or 13 sub appearances combined. Yes I agree at some point it's down the player to prove himself but he was hardly given even 6 or 7 games starting in a row to show "are you good enough?" Even the like of Dan James and Andreas Pereira got that opportunity.

Stadjer

Now that is what is called Optimism!
No, it is about giving a player a fair chance instead of jumping at every opportunity to call Donny a nothing playing like many here do. Donny never had a fair chance before, he now has a manager that knows how to use him. Lets see what he can do.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He was brought on with 5 minutes to go in a number of games. At one point last season, Elanga I believe playing two full games had more minutes on the pitch than Van de Beek's 12 or 13 sub appearances combined. Yes I agree at some point it's down the player to prove himself but he was hardly given even 6 or 7 games starting in a row to show "are you good enough?" Even the like of Dan James and Andreas Pereira got that opportunity.
Then he must train poorly or have a bad attitude? In my 50yrs of supporting United, I have never come across a situation as bizarre as Donnie's. Three managers now and none have been able to get a tune out of him?
Reminds me of a t-shirt I got in Perth, Oz decades ago: Great place to live. 100 billion flies cant be wrong.

suheilsworld

I believe the only reason why he’s here is so that we can use him in a player plus cash deal. Alvarez from Ajax or Gakpo from psv. Surely any of the Dutch team will take him back

KeanoMagicHat

Then he must train poorly or have a bad attitude? In my 50yrs of supporting United, I have never come across a situation as bizarre as Donnie's. Three managers now and none have been able to get a tune out of him?
Reminds me of a t-shirt I got in Perth, Oz decades ago: Great place to live. 100 billion flies cant be wrong.
I see your point and if Ten Hag doesn’t rate him then it doesn’t say much… but also it’s possible he got worse as time went on after the way he was treated, those two things can co-exist. He can have been treated badly and also could have done more for himself. Fact is he was a bad signing when we already had Bruno in his favoured positions.

Bobski

You’re right, it’s not just about technical ability. It’s also about football intelligence, qualities that Fred and McTominay are not known to have in abundance. I’ll grant you that Fred and McTominay have heart, but we’re no longer in the 1980s, when blood-and-sand football gets you three points. Today’s footballers at the top level have to be technically skilled and intelligent. It’s pretty clear who passes those tests and who don’t.
No, we are not in the 80's, and the argument is not about heart, pashun, courage(although anyone denying Donny needs a full course of those qualities is watching a different player) it is about adding something, anything, of functional value when you are on the pitch. Theoretically Donny might be a great player, but for the overwhelming majority of his time in England, including a very average spell at Everton, he has been entirely ineffectual. I would love it if he turned it around but he has to give us something to suggest he can.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
ETH quite diplomatic about him in his press conference. The absolute minimum to expect from a player who should be hungry to change his fortunes here should be to work his arse off. And he just looks like he has very little fight and focus.

Betson

Another chance today , he needs to start showing something quickly. Not going to get too many starts if he performs like Thursday again.

Needs to show some fight an desire along with confidence in his ability at this level.

lsd

The Oracle
I thought he did well on Thursday I'm sure his team mates and Ten Hag can see and appreciate what he does even if the fans don't see it

Red Rash

Hope Donny has a good game. I think he's been treated badly during his time at the club but also he needs to raise his game to prove he is worth of a spot.

Interesting that ETH went for Donny to replace Bruno rather than move Eriksen to CAM and put either McTominay or Fred in.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hope Donny has a good game. I think he's been treated badly during his time at the club but also he needs to raise his game to prove he is worth of a spot.

Interesting that ETH went for Donny to replace Bruno rather than move Eriksen to CAM and put either McTominay or Fred in.
No he hasn't, he's not done enough in training or on the pitch to justify selection by several managers. He's only starting today because EtH HAS to rotate due to fatigue.

DevTheRed

He needs to stick to what he does best and find pockets of space and disrupt the opposition that way.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’ll be a #10 today in Bruno’s absence I suppose. I guess that’s his best position. Interesting to see if he can cause Villa any problems or will he be a passenger yet again. If he does play higher up I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see him register a goal or an assist, just to really confuse everyone.

Ted Lasso

If ten hag is seeing enough to be playing him then I'm excited. Hope he can regain his confidence and form

Telsim

Memes aside, he should never start for this club again. Sell in January.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Abysmal. Not even worth keeping around as a squad option. Literally like playing with 10men.

Ram1fy

No point getting mad at him anymore. He is just not good enough and he needs to be moved on for his own sake.

Barthez

May as well give him away unfortunately. Nothing against the man and player but boy he looks lost and out his depth in the PL.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can we start quoting the people who claimed he just needed games under a manager who knows him and trusts him?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I gave Ole a lot of stick for stuff, but he did at least spare us all the shiteness of having to watch VdB, so we should give him some credit for that.

Absolute nothing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.