Foot: Right
Player Agent: PUM
Squad Number: #34
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Adidas​

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Genuinely excited to see him play with us this season. Players should be on a similar wavelength to him as there were times were his passes were far too cute/intelligent for some of our players. With a good pre-season, hopefully the tempo of our game picks up and I think he'll thrive again.

Whether he starts or not throughout the season, I hope he'll be an extremely useful player for us throughout Ten Hag's first season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think with Europa League he'll get a few starts but I don't see him becoming a week in week out starter in the league.

I hope though ETH can get a tune out of him like he did at Ajax

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Funny how his former manager comes in, and adds another player who plays directly in his position. I think it's safe to assume Donny is at best a backup in Ten Hag's eyes.

Olecurls99

Funny how his former manager comes in, and adds another player who plays directly in his position. I think it's safe to assume Donny is at best a backup in Ten Hag's eyes.
There's 3 maybe 4 midfield places up for grabs and up to 60 games to play. I'd be amazed if he doesn't get at least 25 games. I think he's gonna have a brilliant season.

I think Teny is more thinking about surrounding him with similar minded players.

Andersonson

Will maybe be used a bit more than before, but will mostly be a cup player. Maybe the odd start here and there in the league

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Will maybe be used a bit more than before, but will mostly be a cup player. Maybe the odd start here and there in the league
We don't know that.

ETH may be just what he needs. But then again.....

Anyway if he becomes a useful player that is key in the team then it shows other managers for what they are.

I'm not fussed anyway. If he doesn't then its no big deal as we've not used him anyway. If he does then yay.

Ekeke

Fully expecting a ressurgance and him to be good as a rotational player at least. We have a manager who knows how best to use him

Plenty of involvement here, let him make driving runs from midfield to support the attack and get on the end of things in the box

Strootman's Finger

There's 3 maybe 4 midfield places up for grabs and up to 60 games to play. I'd be amazed if he doesn't get at least 25 games. I think he's gonna have a brilliant season.

I think Teny is more thinking about surrounding him with similar minded players.
This is not happening.

We need an rvn

We don't know that.

ETH may be just what he needs. But then again.....

Anyway if he becomes a useful player that is key in the team then it shows other managers for what they are.

I'm not fussed anyway. If he doesn't then its no big deal as we've not used him anyway. If he does then yay.
The problem is that the ere divisie doesn’t have the level of overall quality that the PL does that Donnie has to face week in week out. Brentford played a danish international who played a pivotal part in inter winning the serie A title just a year ago for example.

I don’t know what matches Donnie started and thrived at when at ajax, but teams like excelsior, Ellen, waalwijk etc would struggle in our championship if not further down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't rate him. Been a real nothing player for us which is the worst. Here's to ETH helping him become a nothing player who at least looks Pl level.

If he can match the hype that some people have attached to him then of course he'd be useful but I haven't seen that in him yet.

Bobski

I think he could get a few goals from an attacking midfield role if you have creative types around him and it is the strongest part of his game. He was never a creative individual force even at Ajax but he does have good movement and instincts for where to be in the box. Can't see it being a huge success in the PL but what are the chances Ten Hag might try him in a false 9 position and just ask him to make runs and link up with the more creative players?

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

He'll be our greatest last 5-10 min cameo player ever :drool:

ETH to send him on to win or control games.

Devil81

Huge season for him, if his ex-manager can't get the best out of him in the Premier League then nobody can.

Hoping the switch to ETH's system will suit him to the ground and he will be a useful squad player.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I think he could get a few goals from an attacking midfield role if you have creative types around him and it is the strongest part of his game. He was never a creative individual force even at Ajax but he does have good movement and instincts for where to be in the box. Can't see it being a huge success in the PL but what are the chances Ten Hag might try him in a false 9 position and just ask him to make runs and link up with the more creative players?
Might be interesting if we struggle to find a forward to replace Ronaldo, EtH might go full big brain and have Donny and Bruno as a partnership altenating between one dropping into the number 10 and one pushing on to get in and around the box as a false nine.

bosnian_red

Lost Matic and Pogba, even if VDB was world class, we'd still be light in CM
Lost them but Donny was on loan. He'll be behind Bruno and Eriksen as a 10, behind Frenkie, possibly Eriksen if EtH sees him as a deeper player and Fred. With both Frenkie and Eriksen... Donny is back to not even being the first back up to any of the positions he can play, so i wouldn't be surprised if he left.

OrcaFat

Genuinely excited to see if he even gets selected this season. Can’t say I’m excited to actually watch him play.

Conor

Full Name: Donny van de Beek
Date of Birth: Apr 18, 1997 (25)
Nationality: Netherlands

Height: 184cm
Position: Midfielder - Central
Foot: Right
Player Agent: PUM
Squad Number: #34
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Adidas​
184cm :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lost them but Donny was on loan. He'll be behind Bruno and Eriksen as a 10, behind Frenkie, possibly Eriksen if EtH sees him as a deeper player and Fred. With both Frenkie and Eriksen... Donny is back to not even being the first back up to any of the positions he can play, so i wouldn't be surprised if he left.
I doubt he'll play as a 10 only. He will be used in CM too. Eriksen is overrated, the man won't be a guaranteed starter either

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Blondie is taller than Fred, faster than McTominay and covered the most ground out of any Ajax player. He cant handle the physicality of the premier league, because thats what the media tells me :wenger:

Fake news!

The problem is that the ere divisie doesn’t have the level of overall quality that the PL does that Donnie has to face week in week out. Brentford played a danish international who played a pivotal part in inter winning the serie A title just a year ago for example.

I don’t know what matches Donnie started and thrived at when at ajax, but teams like excelsior, Ellen, waalwijk etc would struggle in our championship if not further down.
There's a football club named "Ellen"!?

Red00012

We’ve lost Matic , Mata , Lingard , Pogba from midfield positions . Eriksen and VDB can both play in different areas of midfield

OrcaFat

We’ve lost Matic , Mata , Lingard , Pogba from midfield positions . Eriksen and VDB can both play in different areas of midfield
I can’t see those two starting in the same midfield.

bosnian_red

Mata and Lingard never played. Vdb was here already and sent on loan because he was never playing. From a player perspective, if we sign FdJ like it looks like, we'll have FdJ, Eriksen, Bruno and Fred all ahead of VdB between the 2 positions that VdB can realistically he used in. So he's not even 1st backup anywhere. Anyone who doesn't get in main 11 or 2nd 11 is usually just a get rid player.

bringbackbebe

DVB is now like a new signing for us. He has a clean slate to start over and prove himself under a coach who he respects.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He the closest thing we have to the phrase ' almost like a new signing' especially now that we have his former manager on board.

We need an rvn

Blondie is taller than Fred, faster than McTominay and covered the most ground out of any Ajax player. He cant handle the physicality of the premier league, because thats what the media tells me :wenger:

Fake news!

There's a football club named "Ellen"!?
Auto spell check correction. Emmen - still, not a club I ever heard of and I lived there for 10 years and they only become a pro club in 1988 in seems

Status
Not open for further replies.