4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

He's at his best when he's actually showing for the ball which makes it a bit strange that he has so many periods during a game where he goes completely invisible.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Our midfield baseline has been lower than that for 3 years. If we gave him a run over those years that level might have risen a bit.
He did have a run here and at Goodison but was always a passenger in all those matches. They tell academy kids that they need to grab the opportunities if presented. Donnie never did.

Olecurls99

He did have a run here and at Goodison but was always a passenger in all those matches. They tell academy kids that they need to grab the opportunities if presented. Donnie never did.
He had a run of 5 games here. I must have missed that.

sglowrider

He had a run of 5 games here. I must have missed that.
Clearly, you are suffering from cognitive bias. I rarely criticise United players unless the cnut is disloyal. But in the case of Donnie, there is not for any lack of opportunities. He is on his 4th manager here or since he came over to the UK. Clearly, his is best within a certain system only and is like a duck out of the water so far. It's his 3rd season now and he barely moved the needle.

Olecurls99

Clearly, you are suffering from cognitive bias. I rarely criticise United players unless the cnut is disloyal. But in the case of Donnie, there is not for any lack of opportunities. He is on his 4th manager here or since he came over to the UK. Clearly, his is best within a certain system only and is like a duck out of the water so far. It's his 3rd season now and he barely moved the needle.
I just think he's better than Scotty. I don't think that's that outrageous an idea. If he got 5 games other people would see it too.

sglowrider

I just think he's better than Scotty. I don't think that's that outrageous an idea. If he got 5 games other people would see it too.
I just don't see any evidence of that. McT, however, on average is perceived, has had quite a number of impactful performances. You can actually have a highlight video of Scotty. I am not sure you can say the same of Donnie.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The fact he’d be our second Ajax signing in 5 years that we’re sending back after they flopped, to me suggests we shouldn’t be buying a third. Tricky though if Ten Hag is demanding him and only him.
Is the other Blind?

What a player, I’d have him back in an instant

Redderp

It was probably the first time where i thought he was on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. Like he was actually part of the team. Also that he himself wanted to be a part of the team. It has always felt like he never fitted in and also that he didn’t want to fit in.

Kinda weird because that starting 11 was pretty random…

Abraxas

Weird how people keep saying to cash in.
There's bugger all credit to cash in. He's had 2 seasons of nothing, went on loan, got injured and didn't get anything going in a blue shirt if the red one was a problem.

Teams around Europe have eyes, this stuff doesn't go unnoticed. There's actually a lot more sense in giving him one last go under this manager. That has potential upside.

arthurka

I have seen enough to make my mind up and he isn't nearly good enough. Just don't get the love he gets here.

Ash_G

Was hoping he could step up and had more to his game on the ball but not sure. We're not good enough to carry him as someone who's more effective of the ball then on it and he's not good enough to justify that role. Don't think it's over just yet though as he does get stuck in and actually even if he can be someone who keeps the ball moving smartly that's not the worst thing to have in the squad and hopefully over time he'll become more impactful on the ball. That said as I'm sure everyone agrees we do need another midfielder.

Bobski

One of his main weakness as a potential 10 is those moments when gets the ball in a few yards of space 25-30 yards out with space to turn and make something happen and he has....nothing. Invariably runs towards the player closest to him to drop off a short pass and then moves into a strikers position waiting for someone else to be creative.

A team works to get their creative players that type of situation to exploit and it is just not part of his game.

maverickjesus

He's been tried countless times at multiple clubs at this level and has failed to do anything noteworthy every time. He's just wank.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He floats around like a luxury player and has exceptional 1-2 skills and pressing skills.

The only way this man succeeds here is If we get a good DM and FDJ but depends where eth wants fdj to play

Alemar

Prediction: Donny will win United’s player of the season.
Iqbal did better than him in pre-season, to be frank, then there are also Savage, Garner and Mejbri. It’s unlikely DVB will see a lot of game time this year.

MUnchies

The fact he’d be our second Ajax signing in 5 years that we’re sending back after they flopped, to me suggests we shouldn’t be buying a third. Tricky though if Ten Hag is demanding him and only him.
We been saying the same about Dortmund, Kagawa and Mkhitaryan.

Sancho now is looking like a great signing and everyone on here wanted Haaland.

Bobski

We been saying the same about Dortmund, Kagawa and Mkhitaryan.

Sancho now is looking like a great signing and everyone on here wanted Haaland.
I have high hopes for Sancho this season but I am not going to declare him a success based on a couple of sprightly pre season games.

Denis79

Too bad, had high hopes for him. It's prerty clear that he won't make it here. Should start learning from our previous mistakes and sell him while we can.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I have seen enough to make my mind up and he isn't nearly good enough. Just don't get the love he gets here.
Shiny new toy syndrome.
DVB is like the toy we got 2 xmas's ago but did not unwrap it. So, it is basically a new toy. Once he gets a run of 5-10 games, the shiny new toy syndrome (SNTS) will wear off and people will no longer want to see him.
There are some people for example, who want to see Malacia play, over Shaw, even though Shaw is superior in pretty much every single way. Malacia is the shiny new toy, so people want to play with that. They'll get bored of him after he has played a few games.

The worst example of SNTS is Ronaldo. The GOAT. Scored lots of goals for us last year, even though the rest of the team sucked. People want him gone, because he is no longer shiny, even though he was our best outfield player last year.

Prediction: Donny will win United’s player of the season.
Logically, this makes no sense, given that he has failed to impress multiple managers

Glideman

Being arguably better than McT doesn't make you good enough. I don't see the upside and I can't imagine him becoming a first team regular even under ETH.

mikeyt

Playing DvD in Scotts position is a tactical disaster. De Jong is wanted to take Scotts place, playing Donny there would be absurd..
I'd give Donny a chance over McT every day of the week. People criticise Donny and don't get me wrong he's done nothing in his time here but he's never had a run of games and never had a chance to actually play. McT has played most games week in, week out and has proven he's a shocking CM at this level. We have to try something different and if that means giving Donny a go instead of McT at least we can say we tried.

Personally I'd play neither and against Brighton I'd go with Fred and Eriksen but I'm sure McT will play and everyone in the match day thread will repeat themselves for the 300th time about how he offers us nothing and shouldn't be playing but then what's new!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Very ordinary player, can't remember a player that's so not very good at any particular thing...

This is one reason we should never look at alternatives that aren't close enough to the quality the number one target possesses, if the number one target can't be bought, I'll rather we develop a reserves player into taking up that role of a squad player.

Olecurls99

Playing DvD in Scotts position is a tactical disaster. De Jong is wanted to take Scotts place, playing Donny there would be absurd..
Better than playing Scotty in that position. We've all had a good look at that

Andersonson

I'd give Donny a chance over McT every day of the week. People criticise Donny and don't get me wrong he's done nothing in his time here but he's never had a run of games and never had a chance to actually play. McT has played most games week in, week out and has proven he's a shocking CM at this level. We have to try something different and if that means giving Donny a go instead of McT at least we can say we tried.

Personally I'd play neither and against Brighton I'd go with Fred and Eriksen but I'm sure McT will play and everyone in the match day thread will repeat themselves for the 300th time about how he offers us nothing and shouldn't be playing but then what's new!
Luckily you aint the manager. Scott has his limits and is far from ideal, but in his position he is a better player than DvB. Scott would get a hell of a lot more minutes for Everton than Beek. If your opinion that everything else but, Mctom, we have youngsters

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
VDB playing in Mctominay’s position means we have one less midfielder because VDB is always unnecessarily moving on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.