Donny van de Beek /beːk/| Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxNL

I just LOVE the fact that Sjaak Swart of all people is stirring shit up in the UK, because of the total ignorance of English media. Sjaak is an Ajax legend, one of the biggest (he won 3 EC 1's in Cruijffs Ajax), but in the Netherlands everybody knows to basically disregard anything he says these days. He's still an Ajax fanboy of the biggest kind (which makes him an even bigger legend, albeit a bit cult), but his opinions are known to be extremely blunt. He does have a good relationship with Donny, but in the Dutch interview it was totally obvious this was a remark made from a personal capacity. I highly doubt that Sjaak realises the power of media these days, he is probably totally oblivious that he stirred some shit up in the UK.

Very amusing nonetheless. @KirkDuyt, as a Feyenoord supporter, I am sure you can shed some light on the way Sjaak Swart is perceived in the Netherlands as well.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just LOVE the fact that Sjaak Swart of all people is stirring shit up in the UK, because of the total ignorance of English media. Sjaak is an Ajax legend, one of the biggest (he won 3 EC 1's in Cruijffs Ajax), but in the Netherlands everybody knows to basically disregard anything he says anymore. He's still an Ajax fanboy of the biggest kind (which makes him an even bigger legend, albeit a bit cult), but his opinions are know to be extremely blunt. He does have a good relationship with Donny, but in the Dutch interview it was totally obvious this was a remark made from a personal capacity. I highly doubt that Sjaak realises the power of media these days, he is probably totally obvlious that he stirred some shit up in the UK.

Very amusing nonetheless. @KirkDuyt, as a Feyenoord supporter, I am sure you can shed some light on the way Sjaak Swart is perceived in the Netherlands as well.
Haha, he's just mister Ajax. I like him actually, he's obviously massively biased towards Ajax, bit it's nice to see such a passionate supporter of his age. Van Hanegem is similar, but his passion just makes him very critical. Though I suppose if we played like you guys he'd be swooning. Watching Robert Bozenik fumble around isn't making anyone happy.

Also, his koning toto commercial was awesome.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not having a go at VDB because he hasn’t done much wrong tonight but wasn’t the biggest upside of his signing supposed to be that Lingard and Pereira wouldn’t be able to make us shit any more? You’d have to say our problems run a lot deeper than squeezing those two players out of our squad, surely?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
One of a few of our players that are always on the move, always making runs. Comfortable on the ball. Need to fit him in the starting eleven sooner rather than later.

Zen86

He’s a clever one is Donny. Would love to see him paired with Bruno a bit more as those two could really do some damage if they get on the same wavelength.

twitter thread suggester
He is thinking football much faster than our players are used to.

NinjaFletch

Not having a go at VDB because he hasn’t done much wrong tonight but wasn’t the biggest upside of his signing supposed to be that Lingard and Pereira wouldn’t be able to make us shit any more? You’d have to say our problems run a lot deeper than squeezing those two players out of our squad, surely?
He's a penalty box player by the looks of things, which is fine, but if he's going to be mostly playing in these dog shit changed sides he doesn't look remotely like the sort of player who is going to get them ticking.

Could be interesting as a striker, but I suspect most of his time here is going to be spent debating how to get him into a side with Fernandes.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He is thinking football much faster than our players are used to.
Pretty much. Great touch, forward thinking. Been educated in one of - if not the best - football academies in the world.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would love to see him get more involved on the ball, he has the ability and intelligence for it. Always pass and move which is good though, you can tell he's from Ajax's academy. Has the technique to dominate games more though, rather than be on the fringes IMO. Very good close control and short passing and movement.

Utdstar01

4 steps ahead of our other players. Has imagination and creativity but feels like he's playing on his own sometimes.

Art

Art the artist
He's class. Play him in his position and he'll put it on a plate for Martial.

Crashoutcassius

I don't think he was great but he is a pure team player , will look great when we look good. One lovely moment though

Young and new to league so will only improve

El Zoido

He’ll link up superbly with Bruno. We’re going to play some great stuff with everyone firing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd love to see him in a 352

Martial/Rashford - Rashford/Greenwood
Van de Beek
Pogba - Bruno
Shaw -Matic - AWB
Maguire - Bailly​

lex talionis

The boy shows real class. Fantastic vision and excellent technical ability. He’s adapting the pace and physicality of PL and once he’s there he’ll be an important player for us. But have we worked out how Ole would fit all of Bruno, Paul and Donny on the pitch at the same time?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't know what people watch but all the games I've watched him play when he starts(Starting with the Netherland game in the Nations cup, which is now 3 starts I've watched him) he's been quiet. People clamoring for him to start in the league are clearly doing so because he's a new signing. He hasn't really impressed nor play at a level that warrant a start in the league. He's been mostly anonymous in all 3 starts I've seen him play.

He's a new signing so I expect people to be soft and easy on him but his performances haven't been much. Another quiet game aside from the flick for the assist. He's all about safe passing and pass backs so far. Let's see how he grows throughout the season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reminds me of Scholes in that he knows who he is passing to before he receives the ball. Some lovely one touch play from him tonight. Needs more players on his wavelength.

Stretender

I don't know what people watch but all the games I've watched him play when he starts(Starting with the Netherland game in the Nations cup, which is now 3 starts I've watched him) he's been quiet. People clamoring for him to start in the league are clearly doing so because he's a new signing. He hasn't really impressed nor play at a level that warrant a start in the league. He's been mostly anonymous in all 3 starts I've seen him play.

He's a new signing so I expect people to be soft and easy on him but his performances haven't been much. Another quiet game aside from the flick for the assist. He's all about safe passing and pass backs so far. Let's see how he grows throughout the season.
Talk about being a drama Queen. How many games has he played for United and how many games did he start?

Sit down please.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Talk about being a drama Queen. How many games has he played for United and how many games did he start?

Sit down please.
Fecking grow up. I stated my opinion and if you feel uncomfortable with it then ignore it, don't throw your childishness at me. I wrote down a fairly reasonable assessment of his games with us so far, not calling for his head.

Once again don't bother coming at me with that childish attitude.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm quite surprised by the praises here, I thought he was not involved much but had two great touches, both should be goals.

He's OK, but I doubt he'll be a main player in the big games this season.

Drz

Love the fact that he sort of forces the one touch passing. Watching him I realise how poor the rest of our team is at positioning themselves to receive or play one-touch football.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You have to play him with Pogba or Bruno to get the best out of him, he's not going to get on the ball and make things happen like those two but he's much better in and around the box.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I'm quite surprised by the praises here, I thought he was not involved much but had two great touches, both should be goals.

Doesn't matter if he's involved much, he can produce moments of class that can win you a match.

kidbob

Mata’s tuned into him
Haven't really seen him with Pogba, Bruno, Martial or Rashford either yet. I think it's simple enough that he is too good to be on the bench so we need to find a way for him to be in the side with all those players. Personally I think signing Telles would make this easier as we could move Shaw to CB in a 352 and have more threat from the left while gaining some pace at the back beside Maguire, meaning we can play a higher line especially if Bailly is the other side, and can stay fit. Allows Mason to be a quality option too off the bench while playing more centrally.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

My thought exactly. Aside from the flick he was as anonymous as James was which is why I'm surprised by the praise. I guess it's because he's a new signing so opinions about him would always lean on the softer side.

Based on what he's shown so far, he isn't first 11 material yet despite some outcries. He's tidy and fairly safe player but not much else so far.

Castia

He’d be deadly playing with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial.

Needs minutes in the league

LJJT

Frustrating how little the other players pass to him but I hope /expect that improves over time. The few times he got a touch he used it well and linked well with Mata. Mata seems to link well with all the technically good players

Stretender

Fecking grow up. I stated my opinion and if you feel uncomfortable with it then ignore it, don't throw your childishness at me. I wrote down a fairly reasonable assessment of his games with us so far, not calling for his head.

Once again don't bother coming at me with that childish attitude.
You are talking rubbish.

Did you see the assist Van De Beek had for Mata's goal? And then you come here to talk rubbish.

Your comment is irrelevant and embarrassing. Tell me how many minutes of football Van De Beek has played for United and then you come up with that nonsense.

Get real.

kidbob

My thought exactly. Aside from the flick he was as anonymous as James was which is why I'm surprised by the praise. I guess it's because he's a new signing so opinions about him would always lean on the softer side.

Based on what he's shown so far, he isn't first 11 material yet despite some outcries. He's tidy and fairly safe player but not much else so far.
What he's mainly played with so far are second string players (who most of this forum want sold) who are basically still in the middle of a preseason. I wouldn't judge his first 11 quality until he gets to play in a first 11 side who are fully up to speed. However based on his Ajax history there's plenty of reason to believe that he is good enough to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.