Donny van de Beek /beːk/| Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

He needs a player to feed him the ball . Tonight he created well and moved well but needs a player that can pick him out. Our players were not on the same wavelength for lots of that game, but the quality is there for anyone to see. I would love him in the 10 position behind Martial and Rashford and / or Greenwood

Maybe time to change our formation

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
That is a 2-3-2-1-2
Yeah when we attack we play a 235 and when we defend we play a 532.

The formation is showing the half spaces that are taken ie Matic plays CDM on attack but CB on defense.

Crashoutcassius

Fecking grow up. I stated my opinion and if you feel uncomfortable with it then ignore it, don't throw your childishness at me. I wrote down a fairly reasonable assessment of his games with us so far, not calling for his head.

Once again don't bother coming at me with that childish attitude.
you are spot on in what you said. when we signed mata, bruno, kagawa etc, any player deemed to be a clever number 10 the first several months it is always the same line about nobody being on his wavelength.

he has been quiet so far with some moments of quality, clearly great awareness around the box but people are seeing something that i am not seeing comparing him to scholes in the middle of the pitch. he will grow as the season goes on as you also said

at least it isn't as bad as the reaction to thiago knocking the ball around the back line in a game that was over the other week haha

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How often that when he closed in and asked for the ball, or having one-two with others, suddenly one player just fecking need to pass long to the other side, for fecking no reason. THen VDB looked confuse and lost, and need to run to the other side, asking for ball. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes our player are just so brainless.

tjb

you are spot on in what you said. when we signed mata, bruno, kagawa etc, any player deemed to be a clever number 10 the first several months it is always the same line about nobody being on his wavelength.

he has been quiet so far with some moments of quality, clearly great awareness around the box but people are seeing something that i am not seeing comparing him to scholes in the middle of the pitch. he will grow as the season goes on as you also said

at least it isn't as bad as the reaction to thiago knocking the ball around the back line in a game that was over the other week haha
I don't necessarily love him as an attacking midfielder unless we have a creative player on the flanks. We already have bruno at no.10. His final output and touches are so good that I would want him in and around the box, but not active enough for the 10 role in most games. I can see him on the flanks. Of course he would work in a box to box capacity as well in place of Pogba.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's the type of player that HAS to start in a big game against teams that will pressure us. Clearly operates at a quicker pace than many of our midfielders, and is always looking to up the tempo when he's on the ball. That skill is vital in tight game against good teams where you won't get much space or time on the ball.

Love what he brings to the team and his versatility. Will never be a talisman but he doesn't need to be, he'll just make the team operate better when he's in there.

kkengvib

Feels a bit like when Kagawa joined. His teammates didn't quite trust him and were reluctant to give him the ball in tight spaces. Hopefully he gains that trust quickly because you can see he has good awareness and has a good one touch game.

I like that he gives us a different option at the number 10 and would allow Bruno to play the 8 role in certain situations.

I'm curious to see how he would do in a more open game. We've only seen him against teams playing the low block so far.

Reactions: Sultan

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Feels a bit like when Kagawa joined. His teammates didn't quite trust him and were reluctant to give him the ball in tight spaces. Hopefully he gains that trust quickly because you can see he has good awareness and has a good one touch game.

I like that he gives us a different option at the number 10 and would allow Bruno to play the 8 role in certain situations.

I'm curious to see how he would do in a more open game. We've only seen him against teams playing the low block so far.
No mate. What these guys don’t trust is their mental sharpness and passing ability. He takes up really clever positions in tight channels that a player like Bruno/Scholes/Carrick can pick out with quickness of thought. By the time our current crop of players have got the ball sorted under their feet, taken their second to lift their head up and decided to play football someone’s already closed the passing lane that Donny cleverly created.
His movement is usually matched by an automatic and matched pass back at Ajax. They train them to move into those channels because the pass is automatically looking for them there.
Donny clearly has 0 issues controlling the ball and doing something wildly creative with it. It’s his current crop of teammates. For some reason there is a lack of urgency in our play.

alexthelion

Mata’s tuned into him
Mata is probably the only other player (matbe also Bruno?) who's mind works faster than his legs.

It's nice to have players like that around.

Last edited:

future2future

No mate. What these guys don’t trust is their mental sharpness and passing ability. He takes up really clever positions in tight channels that a player like Bruno/Scholes/Carrick can pick out with quickness of thought. By the time our current crop of players have got the ball sorted under their feet, taken their second to lift their head up and decided to play football someone’s already closed the passing lane that Donny cleverly created.
His movement is usually matched by an automatic and matched pass back at Ajax. They train them to move into those channels because the pass is automatically looking for them there.
Donny clearly has 0 issues controlling the ball and doing something wildly creative with it. It’s his current crop of teammates. For some reason there is a lack of urgency in our play.
This! I've noticed it as well, he's trying to speed up the game, looking to get the ball back with a 1-2 and they just don't give it back. I think he can be one of the key players with this quick technical playing style but the team mentality has got to change to wanting to play that game and then second being able to play that game

Pablo18th

Intelligent players work well together. I mean, all intelligent people do in every walk of life.
Pogba and Rashford should take pointers one touch passing is the way, only dribble when you stand to gain an advantage, if not keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.