Donny van de Beek /beːk/| Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first reason is money. The amount of TV money PL teams receive makes it more difficult to snatch their best players. The huge drop in TV money that relegation brings makes those clubs more reluctant to sell those players.
The second reason is self-fulfilling prophecy. The idea of an English tax is so ingrained in our thinking that every club immediately inflates their fees when a domestic rival comes sniffing. This approach works often enough that most teams chance their arm.
It’s also not an English tax, it’s a PL tax, hence the likes of Sigurðsson to Everton. PL teams generally don’t need to sell, and buying someone who is proven in the league decreases the risk.

Krisbijoy

I honestly love how Ajax is towards their players when they make a career move like this.
Indeed. It's the sign of a top business organization as well , just like United . No unnecessary comments to speculations, no jest towards one of our own(or others) when they leave (no matter what the circumstance is) and appreciation whenever it's due. It oozes class. Proud to be a supporter.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Welcome Donny.

I like just about everything about this transfer. You get the feeling it was proper scouting, in-depth background work, he's an established quality European player with plenty of his best years ahead of him, the fee seems about as good as it's likely to get these days and there's no doubt the manager actually wants and has plans for him. You hope he does well at United of course, but just the fact that we're back making this kind of transfer instead of embarrassing ourselves with the wrong players for the wrong fees is hugely pleasing.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The image the twitter account is using for his name keeps making me think we've re-signed Danny Welbeck.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeh, they did the same for ziyech when he joined chelsea. Class club.
Indeed they are.
Indeed. It's the sign of a top business organization as well , just like United . No unnecessary comments to speculations, no jest towards one of our own(or others) when they leave (no matter what the circumstance is) and appreciation whenever it's due. It oozes class. Proud to be a supporter.
Someone else posted about it earlier in the thread, about Ajax being their “2nd favorite club” and honestly, they may be mine. I really respect how they’re operated. They’ve fallen down “the ladder” from the days where they ruled Europe before big money got involved, but instead of being bitter about it they’ve adjusted their whole model and use it to help them still be successful. You have a lot to be proud of.

We need an rvn

get in. very happy about this.

Technically great, versatile, driven, grounded...hope he has the psychological strength to demand from the others like Fernandes has, which Paul should have been doing, and get our midfield up to champion level again!!!

Leg-End

What a great transfer all round, Ajax show that they are an absolute class outfit.

Krisbijoy

Indeed they are.

Someone else posted about it earlier in the thread, about Ajax being their “2nd favorite club” and honestly, they may be mine. I really respect how they’re operated. They’ve fallen down “the ladder” from the days where they ruled Europe before big money got involved, but instead of being bitter about it they’ve adjusted their whole model and use it to help them still be successful. You have a lot to be proud of.
Oh ,I should have worded it better, I am talking about being proud to support United . I was drawing the comparison to Ajax with the classy gestures and the lack of snarky remarks etc like other clubs. BTW I do like Ajax as a club, their academy is insane.

davidmichael

Anytime I’ve seen him play he’s always been good and adds quality depth to our squad which is something we’ve seriously lacked for some time.

Should mean the end of Pereira and Lingard as Van de Beek can play either deep or as a 10 which means he can come in for either Pogba or Fernandes although I’d rather keep Lingard than Mata if Lingard was simply back up for the right wing role and move Mata on but Lingard would actually bring money in.

Bloedrood

This is literally what Van der Sar has said that Ajax is trying to achieve outside of the Netherlands. Become everyone's 2nd favourite club. I'm not even kidding, that's why Ajax's marketing team tends to pull out all the stops. So yeah, the club is run very well, they do a lot of things right. But they're also very smart in how to sell themselfs.

90 + 5min

Absoluty delighted. Exactly the transfers we should be making then going for Sancho and £100m players.

He will be very good addition to our squad. Excellent player. Excellent scouting. Excellent done by everyone.

Tony247

23 year old, Ajax academy graduate, box to box versatile midfielder, 2019 shortlisted nominee for ballon d'Or, loves to spend time in opposition box, great first touch, fearless lad.... for 39m!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Indeed they are.

It’s refreshing because they’re genuinely likeable and they carry themselves with real dignity. It’s a bit of a contrast to the chip on Dortmund’s shoulder and the image they project considering they’ve long tried to market themselves the same way.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Looking at the amount of people willing to adopt Ajax as their second team, maybe we need a subforum for them :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What is his playing style like? Any highlights video?

INF-AMOS

Outside of Bruno.and Pogba he's a definate upgrade on the rest, brings some very good qualities into the team... a step in the right direction and excellent signing.

stu_1992

Great news! A very welcome addition even if it isn't our most pressing need. He still adds a lot of quality to the squad at an absolute minimum. At best he's good enough to challenge and earn his way into thr starting 11. In any case he gives us options where we previously had none.

Very classy goodbye video by Ajax too. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.