Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me.

sport2793

Weird, who would he replace or if no one is being replaced, where would he fit in the squad?

Brophs

The One and Only
If we're trying to buy him, I imagine we think Pogba will be leaving.

cyberman

Dutch football is in financial dire straits. Seems it could be United are taking advantage of this

Shark

@NotShark
I call bullshit, unless Pogba or Matic is leaving we're well stacked in midfield.

Zoo

If we're trying to buy him, I imagine we think Pogba will be leaving.
I don’t think there’s a market for Pogba.

I reckon that Lingard and possibly Pereira will go and the club knows that Bellingham is heading to Dortmund.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We need to add depth, if we want be one of the big clubs again. If we have the money to bring a central player on top of a right winger, I will be very happy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not all that really. Madrid are welcome to him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If Pogba was leaving, would buying VDB make sense?

cyberman

I call bullshit, unless Pogba or Matic is leaving we're well stacked in midfield.
If we are planning around Pogba and Bruno then we have nobody to rotate with them but poor AMs in Mata etc or DMs. An injury or fatigue to either of those completley changes our tactics. Having someone like this lessens that threat.
Its the only thing I can think of. Looks to be a deadwood clear out on the cards

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If we are planning around Pogba and Bruno then we have nobody to rotate with them but poor AMs in Mata etc or DMs. An injury or fatigue to either of those completley changes our tactics. Having someone like this lessens that threat.
Its the only thing I can think of. Looks to be a deadwood clear out on the cards
Fair point, such as this season when Pogba's been out for the majority of it but just can't see him as the type to sit on the bench otherwise, he is too high profile for that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully we get Bellingham instead, and the likes of McTominay and Fred are comfortable as 8s, they are not DMs. If Gomes stays, at some point, we have to play him too. Also, if we get Sancho, I imagine he will also be an option as a 10.

Don’t think VDB is all that really.

Garry Buck

If Pogba stays he will be a great addition to the squad and add more quality depth to the squad. If Pogba leaves I feel like we would need to buy 2 players not just 1 to replace him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We need to add depth, if we want be one of the big clubs again. If we have the money to bring a central player on top of a right winger, I will be very happy.
I agree.

We play with 3 CMs usually, so 6 isn't overkill, imo. Matic, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Bruno, ???. Honestly, I think we need two. Another creative CM in case Pogba or Bruno get injured/for rotations sake, and a first choice DM.

He’s not all that really. Madrid are welcome to him.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan either, but I'm glad to see us seemingly in the market for another midfielder who can contribute creatively and goal wise because if one of Bruno or Pogba are missing then our entire midfield creativity is on one person's shoulder again.

Adamsk7

Would be very happy with this signing. Fits the profile of what we’ve been looking for since Ole took over and he’s got a great mentality, which is key when we are trying to rebuild. Will give us loads of depth in midfield, especially if Pogba is staying. If we can get him for sub £40m, it will be great business.

tjb

You are right, having someone like him on the cheap playing in a seydou Keita role would be great. It is a weird one, but if given the opportunity to stack up the 18 with actual quality, rather than pray that injuries do not hurt us, I would choose the former. It may mean we may not sign sancho but a winger/ forward that is cheaper which I am all for. I am a believer that Grealish can play on the right for us given the flexibility of our front 3 and his abilities.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would be very happy with this signing. Fits the profile of what we’ve been looking for since Ole took over and he’s got a great mentality, which is key when we are trying to rebuild. Will give us loads of depth in midfield, especially if Pogba is staying. If we can get him for sub £40m, it will be great business.
If thats the price, I would be astonished if loads of sides don't try their hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.