Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

That was fast. Fair play to our transfer team. Add a class RW and CB in the squad and we look solid.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
That's cool if true.

Agreed that it didn't come together for Blind in midfield, but he was a proper technical player I was sad to see leave. Even if VdB isn't a physical player the fact he's another technician who is comfortable on the ball will help him in tight situations in the PL. Blind didn't quite work out in midfield but I'm not worried about VdB at all.
DvdB is far more physical than Blind, he’s over 6ft, strong built, fast and a great pair of lungs.

RashyForPM

I just find them a cringe inducing club. I had the misfortune to encounter a group of Dortmund fans in London when they played Spurs. I can only describe them as the scousers of Germany.
I too have never been enthused by bollocks like the yellow wall or them being the perfect place for burgeoning talents. All a load of bs, just like the scousers YAWN before games and supposed world class atmosphere, when 95% of the time it’s akin to a library.

Suv666

Idxomer

A 4-3-3 diamond with VDB, Bruno, Matic and Pogba looks lethal. Would give Pogba license to bomb foward and allow Bruno to shoot more often. The interplay between Rashford and Martial upfront could work nicely as well. If we dont buy a winger, this is how I expect us to lineup.
I would love to see this, I think either Rashford or Greenwood would benefit more from playing closer to Martial instead of being isolated so often on the wings.

sp_107

----------------Rashford -------------------Martial------------------------------

-----------------------------------Bruno-------------------------------------------------

------Pogba-------------------------------------------VDB----------------------------

----------------------------------Matic-----------------------------------------------------

Reguilon
------------Maguire------------------Lindelof-----------------------Williams

------------------------------------DDG----------------------------------------------------

Wondering if this will work or not

romufc

----------------Rashford -------------------Martial------------------------------

-----------------------------------Bruno-------------------------------------------------

------Pogba-------------------------------------------VDB----------------------------

----------------------------------Matic-----------------------------------------------------

Reguilon------------Maguire------------------Lindelof-----------------------Williams

------------------------------------DDG----------------------------------------------------

The diamond is a formation that usually works for a limited number of games.

You can never get the right balance with this system because the full backs have to get up high to give you the width and defensively it becomes 2 v 1.

When under pressure, the strikers become like wingers and then we have no one up top. Then we have a midfield that becomes too easy to break through.

Alemar

Reguilon------------Maguire------------------Lindelof-----------------------Williams

Replace Williams and Rashford with Bissaka and Greenwood, then it might. Still, it’s better to stick to 4-3-3 and rotate midfield actively in order to keep people as fresh and sharp as possible. Still, it’s not a good enough squad - more additions needed

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You can never get the right balance with this system because the full backs have to get up high to give you the width and defensively it becomes 2 v 1.

When under pressure, the strikers become like wingers and then we have no one up top. Then we have a midfield that becomes too easy to break through.
In theory it should though, it's not much different than a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 when fluid in a game. I think it's just rarely worked for us because it relies on fullbacks being good on the ball and we haven't had that since Evra.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
DvdB is far more physical than Blind, he’s over 6ft, strong built, fast and a great pair of lungs.
Yeah that's a good point. I think of vdB as some kind of little boy because he looks like he's just about started shaving. I really should stop that though, so thank you :lol:.

What I will say is that I'm particularly excited about vdB's technical prowess, because it's something I feel we've been strangely starved of post-Fergie. Even Van Gaal, who was known as a technical coach who wanted his teams to pass the opposition to death, ended up with a team lacking in comfortable ball-players in advanced areas (apart from the likes of Carrick and Rooney on their last legs and Mata on the right). Post-Jose we've now got Pogba, Bruno and hopefully vbB to arrive, which is a huge improvement in that department.

romufc

In theory it should though, it's not much different than a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 when fluid in a game. I think it's just rarely worked for us because it relies on fullbacks being good on the ball and we haven't had that since Evra.
I agree in theory it should work. I think it is a system that needs to be well coached, the LCM and RCM need to know when to push wide and when to stay narrow. The players we have, the formation should be perfect because Pogba likes to operate left, VDM right, Bruno likes to push up, Rashford and Martial both like to drift wide.

It is a hard system to perfect IMO.

TsuWave

His IG is at 1.2M and a substantial amount of those are United fans.

wonder how many he's going to be on a week after the announcement. United is a great stage for players.

Suv666

I'll never forgot that Leicester game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

We sign a good, quality midfielder so Pogba and Fernandes don't have to play every game ... then immediately find a formation that would make it so they play every game?

parkthebuslads

You voted for brexit so you probably can’t count as high as 20 :)
Yes! Please can the endless jokes and insults about millions and millions of our country literally never, ever end! Beyond how clever they inevitably make you look, it's the perfect way of showing the very tollerence that we all know is so unique to remainers.

Chillosophy

I havent watched alot of him apart from a few CL games last season. Is it far off calling him a better version of Herrera, especially offensively?

DannyDee

His IG is at 1.2M and a substantial amount of those are United fans.

wonder how many he's going to be on a week after the announcement. United is a great stage for players.
Looking at some of our current players, I'm not sure how much of a jump he'll get. Bruno has only 2.6m. Pogba has an insane amount, but I feel he had an insane amount coming here. I was surprised Frenkie De Jong has 7.2m which is more than everyone not named Pogba, Rashford or De Gea, because I would of thought we would give players comparable jumps, and De Jong and Van De Beek have a ton in common (same nationality, same age, and both going to big clubs).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yes! Please can the endless jokes and insults about millions and millions of our country literally never, ever end! Beyond how clever they inevitably make you look, it's the perfect way of showing the very tollerence that we all know is so unique to remainers.
Looks like we have reeled another one in....

Status
Not open for further replies.