Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
40m, 90m, 50m.

doesn’t even need VDB to come in and it’s still probably the case due to Matic also costing 40m. Which team has a more expensive midfield 3?
I thought he was saying ever assembled. If we're talking current midfields around Europe well then yeah it's very much up there. Definitely not the most expensive though, Coutinho alone cost Barca 160m or something close to that alone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
40m, 90m, 50m.

doesn’t even need VDB to come in and it’s still probably the case due to Matic also costing 40m. Which team has a more expensive midfield 3?
Didn't Coutinho alone cost 150 million?

Also De Jong was around 80 million, Pjanic Arthur swap was valued at around 60 million.

Bobski

Probably watched this lad 10-15 times with CL and International football taken into account but still don't have a strong impression of what type of player he really is, someone else has always grabbed my attention. Means little with a midfield player though, so much of what is needed to make a strong midfield group is not eye-catching or highly individual. Have heard a few compare him to Herrera, a lazy comparison probably but I might need to do some youtube scouting.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The nerve was already struck. That's what happens when half the country turns into intolerant brats and proceed to spend years making assumptions and abusing millions of people.

I certainly don't consider myself a "covidiot" no . Not least because I appose the weaponisation of language which only serves to alienate and prejudge people and to shut down dissent. I also would lose a little self respect if I was so quick to buy into things spoon fed to me by think tanks and spin doctors, so I prefer to treat people with a little basic respect.
Oh dear. I suspect we are not going to get along unless you lighten up a bit. A lot.
So I’ll bid you good day and move along

Mike Smalling

Probably watched this lad 10-15 times with CL and International football taken into account but still don't have a strong impression of what type of player he really is, someone else has always grabbed my attention. Means little with a midfield player though, so much of what is needed to make a strong midfield group is not eye-catching or highly individual. Have heard a few compare him to Herrera, a lazy comparison probably but I might need to do some youtube scouting.
Based on my own limited YouTube scouting, he looks like he is much better on the ball than Herrera ever was. I have seen other compare him to Ramsey, which seems like a better comparison.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is he in the Netherlands squad?

SAFMUTD

Can't account for those people, maybe they should watch properly and not just moan at everything.
Well if you think like that then you must think your opinions are not opinions but facts and not debatable.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
They love us in Holland don’t they. Everyone’s been asked about it, and they’re all saying how marvellous it is.
We’re one of the biggest names in football and DvdB is one of the most liked player in De Eredivisie, so I guess the Dutch are just happy for him and looking forward to having one their best and most liked players play at United again.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
He’s more technical & attacking than Herrera, I would say Frank Lampard is a much better comparison. I can’t see DvdB playing a holding role so if Ole wants to play Pogba, Fernandes and DvdB, then I suspect Fernandes will drop slightly back. (I think ideally you’d position Fernandes I slightly less advanced anyway than he’s often played at United so far.) You’d have Pogba and Bruno searching out those runs from DvdB. I think DvdB just gives the manager more options tactically and also allows him to rest other big name players. AND DvdB has a great mentality don’t forget!!!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Have heard a few compare him to Herrera, a lazy comparison probably but I might need to do some youtube scouting.
Not in terms of pure playing style, but versatile, hard working, brilliant team player, not flashy, but efficient in his game. Can't see de Beek making any problems if he gets benched from time to time also. All together, wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of fan favorites while being here which was the case with Herrera too.

In terms of pure playing style Ramsey would be more appropriate comparison.

AjaxNL

Can you expand on this or point me towards where I can find more information? I used to enjoy watching the Dutch league years ago and always wondered why it wasn't more of a thing given that the nation is rich and produces so many first rate players.
There's a bunch of reasons for that I think. First of all, the professional football scene is overly crowded in the Netherlands. 34 pro clubs, some of which located extremely close to eachother with too little hinterland to support them. Secondly, the Netherlands is much smaller than countries surrounding us, so I guess from a pure economic perspective, it makes sense that fewer people to watch your league, the smaller your league will be. Thirdly, there is very little global interest in the Eredivisie. Maybe only the hardcore footy fan will sometimes watch, as we tend to produce good young players, but that is about it for foreign interest in our league. There are very serious talks about a Beneliga by the way, which may very well give the combined league a position as sixth in Europe.

By the way, I see a lot of love in this thread for Daley Blind. Very good to read. Blind is such a lovely guy, model pro, club icon for Ajax and he has been absolutely immense for us since returning. I think everybody here is aware of his physical condition, so I guess there is nothing we can do but hope it was a false alarm..

Reactions: harms

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ajax seem great. Always seem happy for their players getting big moves. Just seem a good club and set of fans
This is not their own Twitter account though, in case you think it's them posting these tweets.

But yes, Ajax is very realistic about the future of their best players. That's not just altruism though; these days they often have agreements with players, like, 'if you stay another year, we'll let you go more easily'.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This is not their own Twitter account though, in case you think it's them posting these tweets.

But yes, Ajax is very realistic about the future of their best players. That's not just altruism though; these days they often have agreements with players, like, 'if you stay another year, we'll let you go more easily'.
No, I know that. I just mean their fans and everything in general.. From what I’ve seen on social media and stuff. It’s just nice and refreshing to see.

Pace Abuser

I am pleased with this signing. Glad we didn't go for another overhyped over priced British player.

Fridge chutney

I don't think there's any doubting it, from their academy to their operations to their squad to their executive, Ajax are objectively a very classy club.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
No, I know that. I just mean their fans and everything in general.. From what I’ve seen on social media and stuff. It’s just nice and refreshing to see.
Yeah, they know where they stand in the grand scheme of things and that they have little to no choice of catching up any time soon with the European giants, so they're usually just happy their players are doing well. :)

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
If you add a D or two to 34 it sounds very continental.

p.s:His friend is healthy so hope we can have few light hearted comments here
Nouri is "out of coma" but in what could be described as a vegetative state.

Stretender

Based on my own limited YouTube scouting, he looks like he is much better on the ball than Herrera ever was. I have seen other compare him to Ramsey, which seems like a better comparison.
My view based on his video clips is that he does the things all coaches claim Lingard is good at but 100 times better. So by this I mean opening up defences , effectively making use of space but more importantly being clinical in front of goal. He seems such an intelligent footballer and we must count ourselves lucky to bag him at that Price. Dutch players are smart, I still think Daley Blind if he had pace would have been one of the best footballers in the world. Too clever these Dutch lads in terms of their football brain.

ArjenIsM3

Can we please all agree to stop calling him DVB and go with VDB instead? His last name is Van De Beek, not Van Beek OR Vande Beek. Edwin van der Sar is also abbreviated VDS not EVS ffs

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yes! Please can the endless jokes and insults about millions and millions of our country literally never, ever end! Beyond how clever they inevitably make you look, it's the perfect way of showing the very tollerence that we all know is so unique to remainers.
I'm thinking not. Idiocy so large that it is visible from space can't just be ignored.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Can we please all agree to stop calling him DVB and go with VDB instead? His last name is Van De Beek, not Van Beek OR Vande Beek. Edwin van der Sar is also abbreviated VDS not EVS ffs
DVDB? Betamax was so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.