Donny Van De Beek

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
And it's also due to the fact that since the Eredivisie produces good young players, bigger leagues use it as a supermarket. It's the same issue in France, you can't really be consistently good in Europe if you are continuously rebuilding and filling the gaps with kids however talented they are because in Europe experience is key.
It's definitely true, the clubs tend to lose the players that gave their team a little extra quality in the summer and then two weeks later they already have to start playing those preliminary matches. Still though, like I said it's been so bad for the last ten years I think there's not really an excuse.

AZ Alkmaar got knocked out in the qualifiers last year by some club from Kazachtstan. Feyenoord didn't reach the group phase because they got knocked out by a Slovakian club, Utrecht didn't make it against a Bosnian club this year and that's just results from the last 12 months... Literally every year there's shite like that and they never seem to learn.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's definitely true, the clubs tend to lose the players that gave their team a little extra quality in the summer and then two weeks later they already have to start playing those preliminary matches. Still though, like I said it's been so bad for the last ten years I think there's not really an excuse.

AZ Alkmaar got knocked out in the qualifiers last year by some club from Kazachtstan. Feyenoord didn't reach the group phase because they got knocked out by a Slovakian club, Utrecht didn't make it against a Bosnian club this year and that's just results from the last 12 months... Literally every year there's shite like that and they never seem to learn.
It's a double edged sword, they need to make room and produce young players because that's their business plan, that's what pays the bills but it means that inconsistency and inexperience is always present. That's the imbalance of the international football economy, in order to keep these players they would have to increase their wages and be as financially competitive as richer leagues but they can't afford that on the mid to long term and it's even less possible with FFP.

GloryHunter07

There's a reason why Mourinho parked the bus against a very young Ajax side in the EL final more than 2 years ago. Set pieces did the rest for him then. Ajax only improved since.
That was he most comfortable cup final I have ever seen. Never looked in doubt.

davidmichael

Now that we can't sign N'Dombele, Barella, Tielemans, Rabiot, etc. Van de Beek could be a good replacement for Herrera.
McTominay is 100% our replacement for Herrera, the replacement we need to sign is for Matic as Matic’s legs are completely gone and it’s glaringly obvious Matic is our weak spot so opposition will target that.

On topic though I find it strange that Real have no money for Pogba and offer us £30 million plus James which is a complete joke of a bid yet can find £55-£60 million for Van De Beek, surely it shows that Real simply wanted to unsettle Pogba to make his agitate for the move ? I hope Ole tells Pogba that this shows how much Real truly wanted him with such a derisory bid and he’d be far better off away from that circus and helping us get back to the top.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
good player, good price so of course we aren't in the bidding

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
DvB transfer to Madrid fix. 50mio

source: de telegraaf

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
The other day me and my friend were discussing about which type of player would be similar to DvB and actually we didn't find any.
Imo he is sth between a striker and a box to box player. Real could play with Pogba and DvB but then there is also Valverde, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco and Modric if he will come back to form.
Maybe they plan him as a replacement for Benzema (because I actually don't really see him in another role at Real).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The other day me and my friend were discussing about which type of player would be similar to DvB and actually we didn't find any.
Imo he is sth between a striker and a box to box player. Real could play with Pogba and DvB but then there is also Valverde, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco and Modric if he will come back to form.
Maybe they plan him as a replacement for Benzema (because I actually don't really see him in another role at Real).
Van de Beek reminds me somewhat of Dele Alli. Technically sound with clever moment in and around the box.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Van de Beek reminds me somewhat of Dele Alli. Technically sound with clever moment in and around the box.
Haven't watched all to many of Alli to really judge your statement, but from the physical point of view, you are definitly right.

Craig Ward

For me, he was the stand out player for Ajax last season - not sure how he is doing this year.

De Jong got all the headlines but he was everywhere. A brilliant all round midfield player.

I'd love it if we were interested but i dont see any credible links to suggest we are. He'd be a great signing

Bestietom

I Like him, has a great engine and covers a lot of grass. A player Ole would like, I think.

dutchred

I am an Ajax season ticket holder. Donny is not good enough. Last tear he played in an exceptional team. De Jong, Tadic and Ziyech were excellent with Schone also very good. This year he has looked ordinary. Who would he replace in this team. He'd not a 10 and he certainly isnt better than Mac or Fred ( in his current form).

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I am an Ajax season ticket holder. Donny is not good enough. Last tear he played in an exceptional team. De Jong, Tadic and Ziyech were excellent with Schone also very good. This year he has looked ordinary. Who would he replace in this team. He'd not a 10 and he certainly isnt better than Mac or Fred ( in his current form).
Realistically though, particularly if Pogba goes, any injury in midfield and we're down to the tea lady and some decent youngsters. Van de Beek is easily good enough to get in our squad, is versatile, and looks like he would suit the English style of play quite well. I would not be at all upset if we could get him for a reasonable price.

As things stand he would also be our best no.10, regardless of whether he's a natural there or not, at least he scores a few goals!

flontiestacks

Supports
Ajax
He is much better than McTominay and Fred.

RooneyLegend

Not good enough for where we're trying to be. Played better last season as a second striker. There was someone on here claiming he's better than De Jong in midfield. It sounded crazy then but now its just bonkers.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
not sure why, but I beging to feel we might get him in the summer

sp_107

Get Van de Beek, Ziyech and a dm then we are sorted in midfield
[/QUOT
Not sure if we still have the pulling power but isn’t Kai Havertz / James Maddison are a better option .

Sancho/Havertz/Saul is a dream but I am happy with Van de Beek and Ziyech too as they can improve our current squad for sure.

sp_107

Any 2 from the following would be great for the midfield

Sancho / Kai Havertz / Maddison / Van Beek / Saul / Parades / Camavinga

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t disagree with you at all, not better than McT or Fred and fact is that people should start questioning themselves if he’s any good then why he barely even play regularly with the national team. It’s not like Netherlands are filled in with lot of top midfielders right now. Apart from De Jong & Wijnaldum, a very good midfielder should have play over the other options.

However, we need more depth in midfield and this guy will suit the backup role, will suit Ole’s style as a midfielder and can cover 2 position. If this guy is available very cheap, I don’t mind to sign him for backup.

dutchred

I don’t disagree with you at all, not better than McT or Fred and fact is that people should start questioning themselves if he’s any good then why he barely even play regularly with the national team. It’s not like Netherlands are filled in with lot of top midfielders right now. Apart from De Jong & Wijnaldum, a very good midfielder should have play over the other options.

However, we need more depth in midfield and this guy will suit the backup role, will suit Ole’s style as a midfielder and can cover 2 position. If this guy is available very cheap, I don’t mind to sign him for backup.
I don't think we need a backup. We need competition for our midfield. When Pogba, Fred and McT are fit we have as good a midfield as any team. But we need competition for them to avoid complacency or lack of form. He might be competition for Fred but not for McT. We missed MCT when he was injured. I have a lot of faith in Garner but he is not ready yet.

Ekeke

Watching him against Valencia I wasnt anymore impressed than I had been previously. The same things I usually see from him, good movement and runs to support the striker and getting on the end of a few chances but not a lot of good stuff in the buildup before the ball is in the box. There were times when his touch and technique werent that impressive either.

I see him as a Delle Alli-like Shadow Striker getting into goalscoring positions. He is not a great normal central midfielder creating things and starting moves. He's a guy who gets on the end of things where he might make a pass to a teamate to score, or finish it himself

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Van der beek is a better more balanced version of Lingard. Better timed runs, passes and shots but if he's coming to play deeper then I don't think he is going to be great.

Really depends if Ole sees if improving Lingard player for player is important - if so then van der beek is a good player. If we need a more creative player and Lingard is good enough for whenever we want that type of support forward/midfielder - then we may need to look else where.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Why is this thread getting attention? I mean last I heard he was Madrid bound or have been recently linked with this guy?

tjb

Van der beek is a better more balanced version of Lingard. Better timed runs, passes and shots but if he's coming to play deeper then I don't think he is going to be great.

Really depends if Ole sees if improving Lingard player for player is important - if so then van der beek is a good player. If we need a more creative player and Lingard is good enough for whenever we want that type of support forward/midfielder - then we may need to look else where.
I agree to an extent, but van de beek has the tools in terms of balance, strength and first touch that we need to have presence higher up the pitch. For me, we need that presence, whether it comes in the form of skill or physicality. At the moment, passes into the attack are bouncing off our current players. Pereira, lingard and Mata do not have the touch, balance or strength to retain direct balls into the attack, this hurts us when we are trying to keep a sustained level of pressure close to the opposition's penalty area. Van de Beek would give us an additional goal threat. I think he could be like scholes in 2003 with the way he is able to connect midfield and attack without needing to roam too much. If we get him to fill this role, we would still need a better passer than Fred to play next to mctominay.

Sjaakmeoff

You can't compare VD Beek and Ziyech, so i don't understand the discussion at all. Two totally different players, except for the fact they both can play on 10.

If you want a hardworking passmaster with a lot of risk in his way of playing for the 10 position or as a false winger. Buy Ziyech.
If you want a 6, 8 or 10. Supersmart box to box midfielder. Buy VD Beek.