Donny Van De Beek

Nick7

Honestly when I read his name I think his first name is actually Doniel.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Simon Stone's mentioned him in his article about Maguire's injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51040557

At the start of the season, defence was the one area United felt confident about in terms of squad strength; their transfer plans for January remain focused on trying to bolster their midfield, where they are considering a move for Ajax's Dutch international Donny van de Beek.

Although Old Trafford sources have consistently stressed the difficulty of signing players during January, there is a feeling Ajax's exit from the Champions League at the group stage gives them some chance of success with Van de Beek.

There is also an acknowledgement that without reinforcements, Solskjaer will struggle to qualify United for next season's Champions League.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
“I don’t want to leave during the winter break,” Van de Beek told Voetbal International.

“I play here all season, I finish at Ajax this year. That gives me clarity and tranquillity. I will see what happens next.

“Maybe someday in my career it will happen that I switch clubs during the winter break, but now I don’t like it.”
The big thing is these quotes were made before Ajax were knocked out of the Champions league.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Is this another of Ed's leaks to the media?!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Honestly? No I think he'd sooner stay at Ajax and wait for a better opportunity personally. Fans still think we're this fantastic club who everyone would join at the drop of a hat. We're not even a CL regular anymore let alone a title challenger. The doom and gloom is very real. Accept it.
Booooooooo! Misery guts.

L1nk

Your conspiracy theory doesn't work on any level.
Conspiracy theory? It's like you haven't been supporting Manchester United for the last few years? Whenever we get beaten quite badly, the rush to get a brief out on the same night or next morning has happened for countless seasons now in order to get the fans attention and stop any possible discontent at the result. The obvious sign being all the media outlets report the same damn story at near enough the same damn time, and it's happened again, you're saying this isn't a brief? Come on, the same thing happens everytime

Lynty

Obviously Ajax are gonna say they want to keep him until the summer. They're gonna squeeze us for everything and rightly so.

They'd be more than happy to part ways with him now though. They still have enough quality to win the league. UCL has gone. Opens an opportunity for Gravenberch. And they'd likely be getting £60m+ now instead of £40m in the summer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Conspiracy theory? It's like you haven't been supporting Manchester United for the last few years? Whenever we get beaten quite badly, the rush to get a brief out on the same night or next morning has happened for countless seasons now in order to get the fans attention and stop any possible discontent at the result. The obvious sign being all the media outlets report the same damn story at near enough the same damn time, and it's happened again, you're saying this isn't a brief? Come on, the same thing happens everytime
Yes but who says that's Ed. Sounds like the media preying on vulnerable fans who are desperate for some good news. Ask yourself, how many of these briefs ended up true? It's a win win for them, they get their clicks.

Irrational.

Don't do this to yourselves guys. We'll forever be linked to talented players, but more often than not another club will come out of the blue and swoop in whilst we're still 'considering' or 'preparing' bids. I've learnt my lesson after Haalandisappointment.

Eriku

Don't do this to yourselves guys. We'll forever be linked to talented players, but more often than not another club will come out of the blue and swoop in whilst we're still 'considering' or 'preparing' bids. I've learnt my lesson after Haalandisappointment.
But I saw a vid on youtube saying "welcome to Manchester United, Donny van de Beek" :confused:

Dante

Average bang
It's January. Links pop up all the time at this time of year. Actually, they pop up the rest of the year too but you take my point. The Press Gossip thread is all the proof you need of that.

And Van de Beek isn't a big name. Outside of a few thousand people on the internet, nobody gives a shit. This isn't season ticket renewal time. The story benefits nobody. It's just one of many bullet points in somebody's gossip section.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Weren't Real interested in him?

I'd be relieved if we went for him over some other targets, and impressed if he chose to join.

Utdstar01

Why would every reliable journo be reporting this saying we're 'considering' a bid. It's obvious as day this is more PR bullshit from Woodward. Why else would this be leaked?

ghagua

Too good to be true. Next thing we will hear is negative whispers from the club when he signs for someone else.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why would every reliable journo be reporting this saying we're 'considering' a bid. It's obvious as day this is more PR bullshit from Woodward. Why else would this be leaked?
Aye, in all likelihood, Woodward and Ole have no desire to strengthen the squad?

Bunch of emotional teenagers on this forum.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Too good to be true. Next thing we will hear is negative whispers from the club when he signs for someone else.
Maybe someone thinks his dad is too fat.

Leaks would be so dumb now, the situation is already at a boiling point.

laughtersassassin

The clubs two biggest tools are sponsors and fake briefs after a bad result or bad rub of results.

So I'm sure this is very real.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Two signings that completely change this united team, but we won’t get them.
Yep. We should be signing them both this January and Ajax probably wouldn't mind either, but it won't happen.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are shit. Have you not watched us?

Top players thus far haven't shown an appetite for playing for Ole. Maguire, Wan Bissaka both decent players but not world class are they? James came from championship and has done okay.

I don't think we are that attractive right now with a foolish CEO, no CL football and a below average manager. Sorry to bring a dose of realism. I know fans like to pretend it's not that bad. Well it is. We won't win the PL or CL again for 10-15 years minimum unless there's major changes from top to bottom.
We don't need reminding of all this in every single thread on the forum do we? That's what gets on people's nerves. I go and watch United (when I'm not working) so I'm actually paying money to sit through it - I'm well aware how things are and I'm desperate for it to change.

I'll have it that the world's best talent might not fancy United at the moment but you're being far too dramatic if you think we can't temp any good players in world football. Just feels like constant negativity on here and it's fecking boring.

Ranchero

We Are Desperate. Every day another player. Another day pure pie in the sky. Shambles of a club

scoi

He adds much needed depth to an already shallow midfield, and most importantly has time to settle in before the inevitable departure of Pogba in the summer.

With the (almost certain) exit of Pogba and Matic in the summer and Perreira, Lingard and Mata not being the quality for consistant top 4, thats up to 5 spots to fill. This sort of rebuild cant happen in one window, getting 1 out of the way this month is a massive success and a no brainer.

Therefore expect a press conference stating the right players weren't available.

beingshe7don

Van De Beek is a versatile midfielder and could definitely improve us and he's only 22. Ziyech whose 26 years of age would improve our RW and could also play as No. 10.

Soumare, Sancho, Cavani & Demirel/ Upacameno in the summer would pretty much complete our rebuild.

Also regardless of whether Ole remains beyond the summer, I think Van De Beek and Ziyech would be great additions and could be utilized by any manager that comes

Rajat Jain

Muppets go crazy on a Wikipedia on a day’s speculation. :lol:
Love the energy! Come on get this one over the line Ed. This is probably the best option we might have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We are shit. Have you not watched us?

Top players thus far haven't shown an appetite for playing for Ole. Maguire, Wan Bissaka both decent players but not world class are they? James came from championship and has done okay.

I don't think we are that attractive right now with a foolish CEO, no CL football and a below average manager. Sorry to bring a dose of realism. I know fans like to pretend it's not that bad. Well it is. We won't win the PL or CL again for 10-15 years minimum unless there's major changes from top to bottom.
You must be fun at parties

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You know it's feck all when its "considering a bid"

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If the intention was to hoodwink the fans and make them happy after a loss, then reading this forum today it doesnt seem to have worked very well.

Maybe - and it doesnt seem like a major stretch given that we are in a transfer window right now and we are out looking for players - just maybe its come out because we are trying to sign him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We don't need reminding of all this in every single thread on the forum do we? That's what gets on people's nerves. I go and watch United (when I'm not working) so I'm actually paying money to sit through it - I'm well aware how things are and I'm desperate for it to change.

I'll have it that the world's best talent might not fancy United at the moment but you're being far too dramatic if you think we can't temp any good players in world football. Just feels like constant negativity on here and it's fecking boring.
Amen. Well said