Donny Van De Beek

poleglass red

Him alone won't make much difference if we don't sign a creative mid in Jan. He will make a difference next season when hopefully by then that player is in place, so in that regard, he'd be a useful signing for the future. Our only other option is Pogba doesn't leave in Jan, comes back and wants to play. That could be a useful mid until the end of the season. The creative mid I think we all assume is going to be extremely difficult to source in Jan,so getting players that will be the long term midfielders to compliment such players, I've no issue with, as long as the fans don't think he's some messiah who will transform our season alone

Zoo

ESPN, say Van de Beek says he will NOT leave this window.
He said that in October. The situation may have changed now and his agent didn’t rule it out when questioned yesterday.

Bestietom

He said that in October. The situation may have changed now and his agent didn’t rule it out when questioned yesterday.
Hope your right and he does come here, as he can play in a few different positions around the middle.

Zoo

Hope your right and he does come here, as he can play in a few different positions around the middle.
Agreed. If it’s possible we need to get it done. We can’t afford to wait.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think he might be seen as the direct Herrera replacement. VdB also has a bigger goal threat like you've quite rightly pointed out, and at 22 would be a good signing to improve on several players in the team. I think we'll still go ahead and sign a more creative player in the summer too. So signing VdB does make sense and he's quite clearly better than Klaasen who some have unfairly compared him to. Dutch players also seem to settle well here and have a good grasp of the English language, so adaptation to new surroundings shouldn't be a big problem.

Mike Verweij who is the Ajax correspondent for De Telegraaf will be the one to listen to regarding VdB. And thus far he's stayed silent.
Thanks Adnan, our chief Redcafe scout. :angel:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't trust the Dutch league for signings. The likes of Klassen and Clasie come to mind with this guy. Ziyech is the interesting player in the Ajax team.

Sjaakmeoff

I don't trust the Dutch league for signings. The likes of Klassen and Clasie come to mind with this guy. Ziyech is the interesting player in the Ajax team.
True!

And also, he wasn't part of quite an impressive CL campaign last year. Didn't play a very important role against Juve And Real Madrid.

Nope. He's crap.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For me he replaces Lingard in the team/squad
Pogba does that in the short term. It’s the other two who need replacing more urgently. And if Pogba does go, we’d need better than VDB to fill such a void I think.

arthurka

Yeah nothing to see here. We will sign some players for way too much money in the summer.

redshaw

Time to fire up our new player data trawler for some realistic targets.

Irrational.

We'll end up with that bloke that looks like the grown up version of the 'U WOT M8' kid from the memes:

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

I'm not entirely convinced by him but we literally do not have midfielders. He would automatically improve us as a result.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No way in these days of stupidly inflated prices is VdB worth just 30 million, 50-60 is far more likely. Lingard is probably worth 20-25 million at today's rates!
No, no, you've got it all wrong.

Stupid, stupider, even, rates only apply to players coming to Manchester United. Here your scenario if worth 30, costs 50-60 is apt.

For players leaving United the inverse is true. So if we sold Lingard it would be for 10-15 million max. If we were buying Jesse from another club then 40-50 million would be his price.

Aouer-United

But, does he have English/British blood in him? Our transfer slogan: Brexit FC mean Brexit FC