Donny Van De Beek

NoPace

Agree about his in game intelligence which is fantastic. Tactically he would be a dream for any coach.
This will sound like i'm being sarcastic but since we'll probably have 2 or 3 coaches over the first 4 years of Van De Beek's time here, that's useful. Spurs probably wishes they could refund that Lo Celso move as he's such an obviously bad fit for current Mourinho, or a player like Meyer at Palace who should never have been put with Hodgson.

No Love

You just know that locked away, in one of the most remote areas in MUFC Headquarters, our scouting team/Woodward are considering the shit out of this deal right about now. After consideration, consideration and more consideration, someone plucks up the courage to ask that vaunted question,

‘Shall we prepare the bid?’

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
You just know that locked away, in one of the most remote areas in MUFC Headquarters, our scouting team/Woodward are considering the shit out of this deal right about now. After consideration, consideration and more consideration, someone plucks up the courage to ask that vaunted question,

:lol: I knew it! Admit it, you're an 'inside source'.

No Love

:lol: I knew it! Admit it, you're an 'inside source'.
You caught me! The truth is, I have connections to Woodward. Without getting into too much detail, I used to be tasked with delivering his daily copy of ‘The Beano’ and ensuring his office was fully stocked with Crayola crayons. What a year 2018 was!

But back on topic, I can’t wait until we reach the ‘Bid Preparation’ phase for this deal. :drool:

hobbers

Preparing to consider mounting an offer of starting negotiations with a view to testing the viability of making a bid.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
No, no, you've got it all wrong.

Stupid, stupider, even, rates only apply to players coming to Manchester United. Here your scenario if worth 30, costs 50-60 is apt.

For players leaving United the inverse is true. So if we sold Lingard it would be for 10-15 million max. If we were buying Jesse from another club then 40-50 million would be his price.
Ah of course, sorry I was forgetting Woodward's laws of transfer dynamics.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Preparing to consider mounting an offer of starting negotiations with a view to testing the viability of making a bid.
Which all takes time obviously, right up until the 30 of January, by which point there will be multiple briefings on how we're trying to complete deals. So predictable.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Let's be realistic, the real reason most players are attracted to is the the money.
Most players wouldn't leave their homeland if it wasn't for the money on offer. Brazilians, Argentines, Dutch etc would stay put if their clubs could compete financially.

But having said that, there are clubs in the world who have a attraction for most players due to their history.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

But boss, it takes at least 2 weeks to prepare a bid! What about the transfer window?
DONT ANNOY ME IM TRYING TO WORK ON THIS OTHER PIECE OF BUSINESS!
(Ed returns to Sudoko page)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Most players wouldn't leave their homeland if it wasn't for the money on offer. Brazilians, Argentines, Dutch etc would stay put if their clubs could compete financially.

But having said that, there are clubs in the world who have a attraction for most players due to their history.
It's not due to their history but their present, people often talk about history but historically great clubs don't attract good players if they aren't great anymore or offer greatness in the short to mid term.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not due to their history but their present, people often talk about history but historically great clubs don't attract good players if they aren't great anymore or offer greatness in the short to mid term.
I had the big 4 in mind (Real, Barca, United, Bayern) when making the post.

But it's true, that any club that provides the financial conditions to match the big clubs will have the pulling power like we've seen with El Khelafi at PSG and Sheikh Mansour at City. And if the Saudis bought Newcastle for example, even they would be a force domestically and in Europe before long.

swedishgloryhunter

I just have a feeling Woodward is a regular on caf and starts all the rumors himself to see how fans respond.

If everyone was a bit more positive I think this would have been done by now.

Uniquim

The Athletic, who are usually accurate with their info, says in the article about Solskjaer+Phelan flying to Portugal to watch Fernandes, says that "Other targets for the summer are Jack Grealish, who scored a wonderful goal at Old Trafford this season, and James Maddison, who is yet to sign a new contract at Leicester. Sources have told The Athletic that Ajax’s Donny van de Beek is lower down United’s list."

dev1l

I just have a feeling Woodward is a regular on caf and starts all the rumors himself to see how fans respond.

If everyone was a bit more positive I think this would have been done by now.
I see him wanking himself to death reading the comments

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I long for the days before the internet when transfers just happened. That morning we signed Andy Cole still lives hard in my memory. Nowadays it would be on the back of a 600 page thread and 4 weeks of media talk, so that by the time it was announced I was already bored of him

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I long for the days before the internet when transfers just happened. That morning we signed Andy Cole still lives hard in my memory. Nowadays it would be on the back of a 600 page thread and 4 weeks of media talk, so that by the time it was announced I was already bored of him
Oh Amen to that, Bilbo.

Suv666

He's a great player would be wonderful for us, dont reckon we'll sign anyone half decent with the cnut Woody incharge

SambaBoy

Reminds me of Nani and Anderson to be fair. Fergie jumped on a plane to Lisbon, signed Nani then flew over to Porto and got Anderson done in the same day and it was announced pretty much out of the blue.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Falcao came out of the blue and if I remember correctly so dif Ozil when he moved to Arsenal.

forevrared

Falcao came out of the blue and if I remember correctly so dif Ozil when he moved to Arsenal.
Ozil was hilarious. We were sure he was ours for weeks and the announcement was coming any minute, then suddenly we signed Bebe instead and Ozil went to Arsenal. :lol:

Alemar

Reminds me of Nani and Anderson to be fair. Fergie jumped on a plane to Lisbon, signed Nani then flew over to Porto and got Anderson done in the same day and it was announced pretty much out of the blue.
we didn’t prepare any bids back then?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
James Ducker says that Ajax are gonna fight to keep him in this window.

ovoxo

Would be nice if we got him and Bruno. It’d add more to our game.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Why not just offer £50 million for him, and see what happens. Looks like a very good footballer, and would help our midfield immeasurably. Ajax failed to get in the knock out stages of the Champions League, so that won't be a problem.

Last edited: