Donny Van De Beek

ghagua

‘His agent wanted a buy out clause for Real Madrid which meant the deal was not possible’.
Not talking about Haaland here bud, but some other failed transfers. Best to keep mouth shut and have self-pride when a player signs for someone else.

ghagua

Maybe someone thinks his dad is too fat.

Leaks would be so dumb now, the situation is already at a boiling point.
Just don't like the negative whispers spread when a player signs for someone else. We should have more pride and target players who will sign and then just get on with it.

iKnowNothing

What's with some newspaper linking him with a move to Real Madrid? Saw it in the other thread about Press Gossip. Didn't know there were any ITKs reporting it TBH.

Mark Pawelek

"It is not that I can or want to do something at the moment,"
Van de Beek told FOX Sports Netherlands.
"I have said it before and I will say it again: I will remain at Ajax this season. And maybe next season as well.

"These reports about Real Madrid or Man United are a good sign, but it is not important now. I've said I will stay at Ajax and I will do so for 100%."

Josep Dowling

Too difficult for you to understand. Not worth the effort to explain.
I wrote that message days before he was linked with Real Madrid. Seems ridiculous to tell me to shut up for making a joke about Woodward being rubbish at transfer negotiations.

Stadjer

How reliable is The Telegraaf when it comes to Ajax transfers?
Valentijn Driessen isnt very reliable though.

Last season he said that Lucas Moura never scores (scored to knock Ajax out) and didnt travel to Madrid because Ajax had no chance and would be knocked out.

Driessen just shouts things for attention.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/01/15/5e1f056946163f60bd8b4573.html

Everything is set for Van de Beek's arrival at Real Madrid next season

Donny van de Beek has been very close to becoming a Real Madrid player since the summer, and it seems likely a deal will now be completed by the time the 2020/21 season begins in earnest.

Despite rumoured interest from Manchester United, Los Blancos have long been at the forefront of the race to sign the playmaker, with their interest dating back to the summer of 2019.

As reported by De Telegraaf, everything is ready for the transfer to take place in the summer for a fee of around 55 million euros.

Los Blancos had an agreement with the player as far back as last summer, but for one reason or another the deal simply fell through.

Provided there is no change of opinion or circumstance at board level in Madrid this deal will be completed at the beginning of June.

Van de Beek was central to the Ajax team that unceremoniously dumped Los Merengues out of the Champions League in 2018/19, and has been on the club's radar ever since.

He was as influential in the semi-final against Tottenham Hotspur, scoring a quite wonderful goal in North London, even though the Amsterdam club were eventually knocked out with the last kick of the tie.

At 22 years old he also fits the Los Blancos transfer policy, although how desperate the Spanish club are for reinforcements in midfield after the emergence of Federico Valverde is actually a little unclear.

As of January 15, there are 26 players in the Real Madrid first team, and there is also the possibility that this number will balloon in the summer once Martin Odegaard, Achraf Hakimi and Takefusa Kubo return from their respective loan spells.

Reinier's arrival is set to be confirmed by the end of the January transfer window, so it's clear that whilst the Van de Beek operation is on the right track, there will need to be some departures.

Luka Modric's future comes into play in this regard, as does that of Isco, although the latter has recently made a dramatic return to the senior squad, impressing once again.

Both Ajax and the Dutch international have rejected proposals from both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur to give priority to Real Madrid, and it's now just a case of waiting.

dutchred

Ajax have a ready made replacement in Ryan Gravenberch. Personally I think he is better than v d Beek

sp_107

What about getting this guy for Number-10 role and Soumare for Number-6 role with Pogba money?

I think that would fix our midfield so we can spend rest of our budget on a striker and a right wing player?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What about getting this guy for Number-10 role and Soumare for Number-6 role with Pogba money?

I think that would fix our midfield so we can spend rest of our budget on a striker and a right wing player?
Soumare or Zakaria for the DM role would be my preference. Zakaria is further along in his development and would be a excellent choice to come straight into the first 11. Both players I imagine wouldn't cost alot either and are potentially better than the likes of Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, Ndidi etc imo.