Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I just seen the have a patreon that people are actually paying for too :lol: One thing being a grown man role playing, but imagine being a grown man idolising said grown men role playing.

It’s always so obvious when they’re full of shit because they claim to know everything. They somehow have inside knowledge of the finance department, the scouting department, the acquisitions, and coaching staff. You could actually legit work at United and would still know less than these people.

One guys even made the bold claim of us signing three youth players from around the world. Something we do every season:lol: almost as funny as when people were loving that Spoofex guy for saying Gribbin was being released 4 months after it was talked about on the Caf. People are fecking strange.
I just had another look, theyre now claiming to know contract details etc but are sitting on it for now.
Apart from having no clue and bluffing us.. What purpose would not telling anybody prove? So they can confirm it after ths fact?
Utter, utter nonsense

theklr

Sorry but we've all known about Sancho since last summer. Really not hard to just pretend things are happening behind the scenes and stall on it.

We know it'll happen, so i'd want to see something a bit less obvious before I even started believing they might know stuff.
But nothing has happened?
That sub has their ITKs posting Real Madrid news etc.
If they bluffed the odd United story then they might get away with it but I was reading Isco news on there as if it were Romano himself.
yeah, i know , im just saying that whenever Romano has tweeted about something regarding Sancho they had similar news 1-2 weeks before.

now they are saying that the deal will be official shortly (1-2 weeks) after leicester game, so guess we’ll wait and see.

they are also very confindent pogba will sign a new contract after that

croadyman

yeah, i know , im just saying that whenever Romano has tweeted about something regarding Sancho they had similar news 1-2 weeks before.

now they are saying that the deal will be official shortly (1-2 weeks) after leicester game, so guess we’ll wait and see.

they are also very confindent pogba will sign a new contract after that
I was certain that Grealish was the top target and thought we would pull the trigger on it

theklr

I was certain that Grealish was the top target and thought we would pull the trigger on it
sorry, i meant the sancho deal.

its apparantly just one of their five «ITK»s that have said we are going for VdB.

GJNJ

No one anywhere else other than the itks are saying that we were about to sign Grealish, just rumours of our interest. The season isn't even over yet so I can't see us pulling any triggers just yet. Particularly for Grealish as Villa's season isn't even over. He's been pretty poor the last few games that I've seen.

The itk's seem to know private conversations between Pogba and his agent and simultaneously know private conversations between Sancho and his agents. It's just unrealistic that anyone would know both. There are lots of things like that that just make me sceptical.

People over there are a bit crazy and asking the itks about our interest in certain players not mentioned previously in hope they say yes, where in reality they would have already said so if that was the case.

This is generally the problem with bringing the itk stuff into the transfer threads as the debate becomes on the itks other than the player's themselves. Having said that most of the journalists are charlatans also so who knows.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can we ban those ‘muppeteers’ as they like to call themselves. To me they’re nothing but guys who are reading between the lines and passing on information. They add absolutely nothing to the conversation, not to mention the fact that we have @Adnan whos a professional and will tell you all you need to know as soon as new bit of info comes out. We really don’t need to be he hearing their nonsense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can we ban those ‘muppeteers’ as they like to call themselves. To me they’re nothing but guys who are reading between the lines and passing on information. They add absolutely nothing to the conversation, not to mention the fact that we have @Adnan whos a professional and will tell you all you need to know as soon as new bit of info comes out. We really don’t need to be he hearing their nonsense.
Cheers Maxi.. :D

Jericholyte2

I would be far happier with VDB than with Grealish. Would be much more confident with him rotating with both Bruno for the 10 role and Pogba for the deeper creative role.

I wouldn’t have Grealish anywhere near the double pivot / midfield two.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is he not the pogba cover / competition rather than Grealish? He's a better option for those roles than Fred or mctominay.
He's basically good with his feet, make one touch quick passing & make smart run into the box to score. He's only effective if you play top players around him that can play quick passing and also can spot his run. He's neither direct cover for Pogba & Bruno role imo. Bruno & Pogba are playmaker while I don't see DVB as one. We can still sign this guy and fit him into the team but we shouldn't be expecting him to create chances like playmaker.

Last edited:

theklr

Can he actually play DM ?(better than Mctominay at least). I've seen contradictory posts.
Better than McT, for sure I think. But not good enough if coupled with Pogba and Bruno.

He is quite press resistant and quick to find a progressive or safe pass. His defansive contributions are also quite high.

RooneyLegend

Is he not the pogba cover / competition rather than Grealish? He's a better option for those roles than Fred or mctominay.
He just not good enough. The only role he's shown a very good level at is at second striker and we don't have that role anymore as we don't play a real wing based system. In midfield, he's just a mediocre player in either role.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Better than McT, for sure I think. But not good enough if coupled with Pogba and Bruno.
Nope he can't. We'd be wasting money which is what we're good at.
He is quite press resistant and quick to find a progressive or safe pass. His defansive contributions are also quite high.
Was asking because I think Fred and Mctominay are good covers for Pogba but Bruno and Matic have no decent cover so maybe Van de beek could fill in as cover for both

pacifictheme

He just not good enough. The only role he's shown a very good level at is at second striker and we don't have that role anymore as we don't play a real wing based system. In midfield, he's just a mediocre player in either role.
@UNITED ACADEMY

Thanks guys, have never really seen him play, just read bits on here.

beingshe7don

If we can pull of Sancho and Van De Beek, I think that should give us a good chance of being title contenders. Although I would like to have a CB as well.

Scholsey2004

He is a weird one. He looks alot better than what his statistics tells.
Yeah, he looks terrific on YouTube. If you look at his stats though there's no way he holds down a place in our team. He'd be a handy utility midfielder perhaps as he's quite versatile. His passing stats in particular are nowhere near our first XI midfielders.

forevrared

Seems like he could fill an Ander Herrera type role in the squad from the tiny handful of games I've watched him in, though our midfield now is much better than it was when Herrera was here.

theklr

I think that with CL secured, if we move out most of our deadwood - we could get both him and Grealish. Or one of them and Rice.
If we manage to get Sanchez wages off our books while completing a deal for Smalling and hopefully Lingard, thats enough wages for at least 3 new players not including Sancho.

We'd have proper depth all around for the first time in years...

Smithy89

I think that with CL secured, if we move out most of our deadwood - we could get both him and Grealish. Or one of them and Rice.
If we manage to get Sanchez wages off our books while completing a deal for Smalling and hopefully Lingard, thats enough wages for at least 3 new players not including Sancho.

We'd have proper depth all around for the first time in years...
I'd rather Ndidi over Rice but at the moment i'll take any of Grealish, Rice, Ndidi and Van de beek because they're better than any of our midfield outside of Pogba, Bruno and maybe Matic on his day.

theklr

I'd rather Ndidi over Rice but at the moment i'll take any of Grealish, Rice, Ndidi and Van de beek because they're better than any of our midfield outside of Pogba, Bruno and maybe Matic on his day.
Yeah , Ndidi is a better passer than Rice and would therefore fit our style abit better I guess.

But I think he would be more expensive though.

Mainoldo

Yeah , Ndidi is a better passer than Rice and would therefore fit our style abit better I guess.

But I think he would be more expensive though.
Ndidi is nowhere near a better passer of the football than Rice. Rice is also comfortable with both feet.

Skåre Willoch

van de Beek is the more versatile player of the lot, no? He's very competent at both CM and AM, I think. Grealish would be a liability as a pure CM, and both Rice and Ndidi would struggle as AM. Also, I think van de Beek will be (quite a lot) cheaper than most/all of Rice, Ndidi and Grealish.

That said, any of them would improve us and be good signings.

Tony247

80m for grealish is robbery by villa. If we can get DVB up to 40-45m then that should be good.

Blood Mage

No thank you. We're well stacked with box-to-box midfielders, we really need to sign a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.