Donny Van De Beek / LOAN to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

Cue the same comments we've seen a million times over.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good for him. Hope he smashes it elsewhere.

Donut

Wouldn’t really be opposed to a Barca loan. Hopefully he’d play there and show something, either for our new manager or a sale in the summer.

Sviken

Really hope Ole goes before him, but if Ole somehow miraculously survives - kid needs to go. No point in wasting anymore years out of his career.

FatTails

From Ballon D’Or nominee ripping it up in the UCL to Scott McTominay’s understudy.

Still 24. He’ll go elsewhere and do well if it’s a team that excels at a passing game rather than kick-and-rush football.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Only explanation I can have is that we had one training session with him and thought the kid was absolute wank.

Even that doesnt explain the insisted on keeping him this summer when he had offers to go.

tomaldinho1

Only explanation I can have is that we had one training session with him and thought the kid was absolute wank.

Even that doesnt explain the insisted on keeping him this summer when he had offers to go.
This is why it's so weird.

I honestly think he's one who will leave, go somewhere like Serie A for a bit and then come back and bite us in the arse.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This is why it's so weird.

I honestly think he's one who will leave, go somewhere like Serie A for a bit and then come back and bite us in the arse.
Honestly, after contract renewals for Bailly and Jones, you half expect us to offer him a 4 year contract with an option for an extra year in a few weeks.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't see him going to Barca. They're stacked in midfield: Gavi, Pedri, Busquets. De Jong could be sold, but there's still Puig and Gonzalez. Meanwhile they have limited funds, only one good CB in Araujo (Garcia is alright, Pique is finished, Mingueza is shit), not a lot of fullbacks (Alba's finished) and only 2 good wingers in Fati and Dembele, the latter of which has a worse injury record than Bailly.

Italy seems more likely.

tomaldinho1

Honestly, after contract renewals for Bailly and Jones, you half expect us to offer him a 4 year contract with an option for an extra year in a few weeks.
:lol: Genuinely can see Judge presenting a renewal 'to preserve value' and being really confused when Donny rejects it.

I do think there's a twist in the tale here though, Ole could be gone by next weekend and I don't think many other managers don't put Donny straight in as a CM

AFC NimbleThumb

In 18 months, having sold him to Milan for an Italian flag & a pair of flip flops after a successful loan spell, we’ll be looking for ‘the next VdB’.

I was all for, ‘he obviously isn’t doing it in training & he’s been ok in matches’ until I’ve just witnessed a select group deliver some of the worst performances you’ll see in midfield to only be given chance on chance.

The treatment of the man has been fecking strange. We’re seeing similar patterns with this summer’s marquee signing - the squad building has been shambolic.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Never really been given a chance. But you have to ask why. What's gone on behind the scenes?

He's done a lot of sulking. And most of which has been highlighted. You keep your composure, no matter how difficult it gets. That's professionalism. He's shown nothing for me thus far in the games I've watched him in. So doesn't really justify a position in the starting 11.

Loan, marry or avoid. Feck knows.

::sonny::

Ole praised him for the trainings during this summer and promised him game time

Did the same with Bailly and Lingard as well

The reality was that he needed them only to make number, you need to register 25 players

Woodzy

Don’t blame him. He’s had a torrid time here. I wonder why Ole doesn’t like him.
Because he likes to play it safe unfortunately. The only player that he can play VdB instead of without a huge risk to the balance of the team is Bruno, and rightly or wrongly Bruno is undroppable.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole praised him for the trainings during this summer and promised him game time

Did the same with Bailly and Lingard as well
Ole also keeps banging on about playing ‘attacking football’ & ‘the United way’, the man said he’s ‘come too far to give up’ after losing 5-0. The man is a gobshite.

arthurka

Hope he does go and absolutely kills it.
Feel sorry for him, bad that we have a manager that doesn't know how to use him.

shahzy

Ole is a POS for wasting his time frankly. Promising him game time only to lie once again. A waste of 2 years of VDB's career. Hope he gets a big move or the PE coach is fired by then

OleBoiii

Probably for the best. He obviously needs to play football and Ole will only accept the highest standards.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
:lol: Genuinely can see Judge presenting a renewal 'to preserve value' and being really confused when Donny rejects it.

I do think there's a twist in the tale here though, Ole could be gone by next weekend and I don't think many other managers don't put Donny straight in as a CM
Yeah I was wondering whether Donny would hold on and see what the management situation is. If Ole gets the sack next week he’d probably want to stay. If Ten Hag comes in then he’s probably first name on the team sheet :lol:

dal

He’s been terrible and invisible in most of his games here it’s completely understandable why he doesn’t get games.

I would give him a run of games in the 6-8 position as he could be decent there but we don’t have the luxury right now to play him there and if he is sulking then he can leave because he’s doesn’t really have the right to play, he’s been shite.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surely if you're in VDB's position you opt for a loan until the summer knowing that the manager may well be sacked before the new season?

Lewnited

A shame for him... I can only assume anyone that thinks he's been given a fair crack has never actually played a season of football in their lives, he's been given next to no chance to build any match rhythm at all here.

Don't think he'll be a world beater but I imagine he'll go on to be a useful player at a top club, good luck to him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Wasn't the main interest from Everton, why would we strengthen another Premier League team?

Good for Donny, he sacked the agent who couldn't get him a move and then mouthed off in the press resulting in him being permanently benched.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's been awful. Hardly ever lasts the 90 minutes. Get rid. Joking.

OleGunnar20

Obviously never given a chance, I don't understand how anybody could say otherwise. A shame, and really, really strange behaviour from Ole.

I mean fine, the guy doesn't have to play week in week out, but perhaps try a little rotation here and there? Every third or fourth game a start? A few 35minute appearances sprinkled between? Nah, a 40million pound signing frozen out before getting started.

Weird. I just hope Sancho doesn't follow a similar path under Ole's guidance.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Surely if you're in VDB's position you opt for a loan until the summer knowing that the manager may well be sacked before the new season?
Probably just wants a fresh start somewhere else. He was bought and didn't get a chance. A year later he was promised game time and hasn't got a chance. He probably doesn't want "assurances" here again, whoever is giving it to him.

I wonder if Newcastle could be on the cards. He'll get big money and start every game for them and probably win trophies in a few years.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Obviously never given a chance, I don't understand how anybody could say otherwise. A shame, and really, really strange behaviour from Ole.

I mean fine, the guy doesn't have to play week in week out, but perhaps try a little rotation here and there? Every third or fourth game a start? A few 35minute appearances sprinkled between? Nah, a 40million pound signing frozen out before getting started.

Weird. I just hope Sancho doesn't follow a similar path under Ole's guidance.
There must be some other reason why he's being benched. I can't see him keeping a player "oozing" with talent like some are suggesting on the bench for so long.

DickDastardly

Man wants to cut his losses. Fair game to him.
He's unhappy and has every reason for it.
It's not like there's 5 players better then him.

As for Ole, he had numerous chances of playing VDB, Scott was injured, Fred missed a couple of games because of Covid regulations....could have given him at least a full 90.

That much he deserves.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
There must be some other reason why he's being benched. I can't see him keeping a player "oozing" with talent like some are suggesting on the bench for so long.
VDB and Sacho, both have performed in the latter stages of the CL. The same can't be said for mcfred.

Ole is tactically clueless, we know it and he also knows it and therefore his insistance in playing it safe with mcfred.

We'd have pogba, vbd, sancho, rashford and either of cavani or greenwood on the bench and then some will wonder whether these players are oozing with talent or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.