Donny Van De Beek / LOAN to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

Can't sell him unless it's for an insane fee. A decent manager can use him, we just don't have one

Abraxas

Playing like a different player today. Clearly I've been a big critic of his performances so far but this is what we want to see. Having the balls to look forward, first and foremost. Both with his movement and his passing. Putting the odd tackle in, looking revved up and not like a lost deer. Give him 4 or 5 games and if we see more of this then it might be a sign he can turn this ship around.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
By far been the best player second halve… his going in for tackles and has been very creative with his forward passing… how isn’t this guy starting!

luke511

Playing like a different player today. Clearly I've been a big critic of his performances so far but this is what we want to see. Having the balls to look forward, first and foremost. Both with his movement and his passing. Putting the odd tackle in, looking revved up and not like a lost deer. Give him 4 or 5 games and if we see more of this then it might be a sign he can turn this ship around.
He's played like this every time he's been used in the midfield 2, there's only been a few instances mind so it's understandable that fans don't remember.

Blood Mage

He's our best midfielder and he will be dropped against Chelsea if Ole is somehow still in charge. Makes you sick.

Abraxas

He's played like this every time he's played in the midfield 2, there's only been a few instances mind so it's understandable that fans don't remember.
I disagree to be honest. This looks different, almost as if there is so little left to lose that it's released him. I'm not saying he hasn't had the odd tidy half of football but this is much more proactive. I don't think we can seriously claim he's been putting people through and scoring goals every time he's played. He's mainly just done a ticking over job in the pivot.

luke511

I disagree to be honest. This looks different, almost as if there is so little left to lose that it's released him. I'm not saying he hasn't had the odd tidy half of football but this is much more proactive. I don't think we can seriously claim he's been putting people through and scoring goals every time he's played. He's mainly just done a ticking over job in the pivot.
Watch his player highlights vs Basaksehir, he played just like this. That was one of the 3 times he's started in the pivot, the other two was vs West Ham earlier this year, also a great performance amongst a poor B team, and vs Young Boys where he was subbed at half time because AWB was sent off.

Kostov

He has barely played, based on what are these assumptions of yours? Like a lost deer? He has shown glimpses of his quality, only Ole and you seem to have missed or made your conclusions on a 8 minute cameo.

Abraxas

He has barely played, based on what are these assumptions of yours? Like a lost deer? He has shown glimpses of his quality, only Ole and you seem to have missed or made your conclusions on a 8 minute cameo.
Based on the minutes he's played. The exact set of evidence you're making your claims based upon so what kind of logic is this? Is it only okay to use it when it is limited if it falls in line with a positive viewpoint, or your own? A redundant point.

You've seen glimpses of quality, I've mostly seen a player that hasn't done a lot and has looked overawed - its only the analysis that is different. But I don't want to beat him down today because he's done much better and ultimately that's what we want to see. Him not being good enough and then losing him for a pittance is not a positive for anybody.

tomaldinho1

Cult hero status is coming. Fans need to get working on a song:

To the tune of Sunny by Bobby Hebe:

‘Donny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Donny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
Now the bench days are gone and the bright days are here.
My Donny boy shines so sincere.
Donny, it’s so true. I love you!’

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

God that’s weird I hope you weren’t being serious

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah what's wrong with you man.

Cloud7

I hope he doesn't leave. There's definitely a player in there once we have a proper manager.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If it's true, think it might be more perspective of working with certain Ajax manager coming in.

CM10

If it's true, think it might be more perspective of working with certain Ajax manager coming in.
Rangnick himself will probably have a lot more time for Donny. Matic won't be up to much in a high pressing system and neither will Pogba when he returns. McTominay and Fred have the energy but not the technical quality...

Zlatanator

Love it

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rangnick himself will probably have a lot more time for Donny. Matic won't be up to much in a high pressing system and neither will Pogba when he returns. McTominay and Fred have the energy but not the technical quality...
This is why Glazers and board needs to start working with Rangnick by listening exactly what he has to say, even if it means creating whole different staff setup, no matter if Ten Haag coming or not.

It's the only way to create football enviroment for players like Donny, Mejbri, Sancho or Amad who looks like he can press for almost whole 90 minutes.

CM10

This is why Glazers and board needs to start working with Rangnick by listening exactly what he has to say, even if it means creating whole different staff setup, no matter if Ten Haag coming or not.

It's the only way to create football enviroment for players like Donny, Mejbri, Sancho or Amad who looks like he can press for almost whole 90 minutes.
Yeah, agreed. I think this has been a long time coming for us, the quality of players is there by and large but we need a manager/structure with proper convinction to see it through.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yeah, agreed. I think this has been a long time coming for us, the quality of players is there by and large but we need a manager/structure with proper convinction to see it through.
Yup. Klopp axed 20+ players in his first years at Anfield and nobody even said a word. I remember when people used to laugh at Wijnaldum, but it took just couple of years to make him universal european level midfielder.

We'll just need to let Rangnick do his job. If Ten Haag comes and work together with him, we'll have quality control like we never had in post SAF era.

tomaldinho1

This just reads as the club making it difficult for him to get a loan. We'll already be overpaying him and then asking for a fee on top...might as well just sell and try to recoup as much of his fee as possible. The strangest transfer I can remember and I'm certain he'll do well elsewhere.

Judas

Open to offers
I'll miss posting "late night Donny :drool: " in the match day thread as he comes on for the last few minutes of games. That's it. What an impact he has made.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worst treated signing maybe. I don't care what anyone says. He could not possibly have been worse than McFred. It's shameful how he has been treated.
Do you honestly think if he was impressing in training given the utter shitshowthat we've served up on the pitch this season at least one of Ole or RR wouldn't of thought about putting him in?

The fact we've been awful this season and he still can't get a game should tell everyone all there is to tell about VDB

HailtotheKing

Do you honestly think if he was impressing in training given the utter shitshowthat we've served up on the pitch this season at least one of Ole or RR wouldn't of thought about putting him in?

The fact we've been awful this season and he still can't get a game should tell everyone all there is to tell about VDB
I don't think Ole would, no. Because he had his favorites. It's early days with Ralf but I would hope that he would at least try it. I mean if he wants to buy a midfielder, the Glazers have every right to say what about the one we paid 40m for. How about trying him first? But that's by the by. If we want control, we need to try Donny in there. Either as a 10 or in midfield, maybe with Fred.It's hard to say with Ralf so early because he has specific plans for specific games and Donny just generally is an unlucky player. But we have seen absolute shit on a stick performances from players week after week. We've seen players like Pereira routinely given chances while Donny is benched.I just don't get it. When he has played he's been nowhere near as bad as some of the players he's been benched for. Fred and McTominay stunk out the place for weeks before putting in a good performance. Surely that's more important than training. I hope Ralf at least gives him a chance.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It becomes harder for any player to love this Club. If my workplace treat me like this, I'd give them middle finger then just enjoy my big wage and just do the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.