Donny Van De Beek / LOAN to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Newcastle would be idiots to ignore this.
He might even fancy it with a World Cup spot there to take with Winaldjum struggling, Gravenberch not having fully emerged and Klassen doing a job sure but it's gotta be killing him not to start over him.

Bondi77

Newcastle would be idiots to ignore this.
Why???
Newcastle are now mega rich so why would they go for a player that is so underwhelming in training he cannot get any minutes in front of McFred or Matic!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why???
Newcastle are now mega rich so why would they go for a player that is so underwhelming in training he cannot get any minutes in front of McFred or Matic!
Because he's available on the cheap and he's better than their players. Whats the worse that could happen ? They'd lose a million or two for a few months if he flops, thats pennies for them. If im in a relegation scrap im taking that risk. He could warm there bench if he's shite but why not take a chance ?

Bondi77

Because he's available on the cheap and he's better than their players. Whats the worse that could happen ? They'd lose a million or two for a few months if he flops, thats pennies for them. If im in a relegation scrap im taking that risk. He could warm there bench if he's shite but why not take a chance ?
He has shown nothing in the Premier League to show he would be an asset to any club?
We are not talking paupers here we are talking about a potential heavy hitter in the Premier League and I would say the owners have their sights fixed on better projects than VDB.

Marcus

I think Ole had his favourites. But RR I think wants to spend money and he can only do that by selling or loaning (save on wages). Instead of trying to fit Donny (AM) into the DM position, he probably wants to buy a ready-made DM. As for AM, it is clear that RR thinks the team has enough of them. While Donny was competing with only Bruno in the past, now he is competing with Greenwood, Sancho as well! I think it's game over for him.

Bondi77

I think Ole had his favourites. But RR I think wants to spend money and he can only do that by selling or loaning (save on wages). Instead of trying to fit Donny (AM) into the DM position, he probably wants to buy a ready-made DM. As for AM, it is clear that RR thinks the team has enough of them. While Donny was competing with only Bruno in the past, now he is competing with Greenwood, Sancho as well! I think it's game over for him.
Ralf has said that he wants to keep VDB until at least the summer so unless another club put in a decent offer for him (highly unlikely) then he is going nowhere.

Marcus

Ralf has said that he wants to keep VDB until at least the summer so unless another club put in a decent offer for him (highly unlikely) then he is going nowhere.
I hope so too. I really think he can do the business. I think he will get a chance against Villa in the Cup. I really hope he does well

Bondi77

I hope so too. I really think he can do the business. I think he will get a chance against Villa in the Cup. I really hope he does well
He can’t do any worse than the others!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He has shown nothing in the Premier League to show he would be an asset to any club?
We are not talking paupers here we are talking about a potential heavy hitter in the Premier League and I would say the owners have their sights fixed on better projects than VDB.
Better prospects are usually not available mid season.

croadyman

Would be surprised if he's prepared to wait it out in the hope of Ten Hag getting the job

Ogaranya

He should leave, he is being treated with disrespect at the club.

davidmichael

Can’t even get a start in the FA Cup when Ronaldo and Sancho aren’t even in the squad, it’s like we’re destined to play McTominay and Fred every game for the rest of the season so if I was VDB I’d be off for the first club that offered consistent starts.

tomaldinho1

Can’t even get a start in the FA Cup when Ronaldo and Sancho aren’t even in the squad, it’s like we’re destined to play McTominay and Fred every game for the rest of the season so if I was VDB I’d be off for the first club that offered consistent starts.
He's said he wants to leave so no surprises he's not playing anymore. I'll miss the guy, wish he'd had a run of games at least.

croadyman

He's said he wants to leave so no surprises he's not playing anymore. I'll miss the guy, wish he'd had a run of games at least.
Yeah at least if he'd had that we could have had a proper impression of him but never happened

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sincerely hope this is made up rubbish. We really don’t need to be weakening our MF options at this point of the season.
How is that weakening our midfield options?

Brophs

The One and Only

[Ron Howard Narrator Voice]
They did *not* take good care of Donny.

OleGunnar20

Has never been given a chance, for whatever reason. Really odd considering how mediocre at best the reigning midfield undroppables McFred have been.

He must be abysmal in training ? Either way, he needs to leave for everybody's sake.

Witchking

He needs to go. He doesn't deserve the crap this club has served him. Wasting his career and forcing him on the bench. Can't get a game if Bruno's out, won't get a game with Mctominay out.

But singing his praises in the pressers. This club is a joke.

Gets a game here and there and is suddenly supposed to show he is peak Zidane. While players like Mctominay , Maguire, Shaw can keep getting chances upon chances however bad they are.

Brophs

The One and Only
Him never getting any chances is obviously quite odd from the outside, but so is the idea that two separate managers would cut off their nose to spite their face by not playing a player with a pretty impressive pedigree in a position we're sorely lacking in.

I like him, but so what. If this is true, I hope we are signing another CM, because we will be seriously short in numbers, in that particular position.

dinostar77

He needs to go. He doesn't deserve the crap this club has served him. Wasting his career and forcing him on the bench. Can't get a game if Bruno's out, won't get a game with Mctominay out.

But singing his praises in the pressers. This club is a joke.

Gets a game here and there and is suddenly supposed to show he is peak Zidane. While players like Mctominay , Maguire, Shaw can keep getting chances upon chances however bad they are.
Agreed. We are destroying the lads career. I would like him to go to another PL just to rub it in to utd if how good he can be if given a proper run in the team.

We should be a cautionary tale for any young talented footballer. Join utd if you want to ruin your career and drown in mediocrity of the first team that you'll never get a proper chance to play in.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think you specifically signed him for depth, but then you didn't sell Pogba, Bruno never gets injured and is undroppable and then you signed Sancho as well

You play with 4 attacking players and you have Bruno, Cristiano, Cavani, Pogba, Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood who are all ahead of him.

Fred and McT are fairly average but they're still far better in midfield on account they at least have the legs for it. VdB is not a CM and is just not good enough there

diarm

[Ron Howard Narrator Voice] They did *not* take good care of Donny.

I remember being suspicious of this letter at the time. It's the sort of note a parent puts in their kids bag on his first day at school when they know their kid is a cnut.

Abraxas

Agreed. We are destroying the lads career. I would like him to go to another PL just to rub it in to utd if how good he can be if given a proper run in the team.

We should be a cautionary tale for any young talented footballer. Join utd if you want to ruin your career and drown in mediocrity of the first team that you'll never get a proper chance to play in.
What are you waffling about?

This is Manchester United the club and one individual we're talking about. Donny van de Beek is just one of a long line of players that haven't been good enough, get hugely well paid for that and will not even be a footnote in recent history.

Your take is bizarre, he's a footballer not an orphan.

Status
Not open for further replies.