BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Totally agree, they give it the biggun, but if Bayern asked for Sancho they'd probably swap him for a sack of balls and a liked Instagram post from Bayern's players.

They don't win much for the "second biggest team in the league"

Fracture90

@Adam-Utd i disagree mate, Hakimi had a lot to do with his form and overall effect on the team. He had a great relationship with Sancho on the pitch, they understood each other's game in a great way. Him no performing to the same level has little to do with his disappointment in not getting his move sanctioned (if he ever wanted to move in the first place) because all the reports suggested he was more than happy to stay and developed further at Dortmund.

Sir Tanley Daft

Supports
Local Team & BVB
I see people mentioning that Dortmund should have accepted United's bid of £100m but I've only ever read about a rejected bid for £73m rising to about £90m. Now, assuming only half of the add-ons were realistically achievable, it seems to me that Dortmund's choice still was correct as they'll very likely get at least around £80m next summer. And that's without taking into account that he could and certainly should improve in the second half of the season which adds further value to the decision of not selling.
However, I do understand the urge most posters seem to have to reveal their Schadenfreude. I would not be any different if the situation was the other way around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They need to act like a football club instead of a Kindergaten. How in the world are they fielding 3 players aged 18 or below at the same time is a wonder.
They've become a full on training academy instead of a football club. Their main agenda is to make money from training players not winning titles.
@Adam-Utd i disagree mate, Hakimi had a lot to do with his form and overall effect on the team. He had a great relationship with Sancho on the pitch, they understood each other's game in a great way. Him no performing to the same level has little to do with his disappointment in not getting his move sanctioned (if he ever wanted to move in the first place) because all the reports suggested he was more than happy to stay and developed further at Dortmund.
On the right wing sure, but sancho played the majority of the last season on the left side so that relationship made no difference to his performances. He’s just in bad form, simple.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Must admit Moukoko looks like the real deal. He's like a stronger version of Vinicius with good finishing.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Must admit Moukoko looks like the real deal. He's like a stronger version of Vinicius with good finishing.
Real deal or not, it's still an (on paper) European top 10 team having to play a barely 16 year old as their main striker. It's really not ideal.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Real deal or not, it's still an (on paper) European top 10 team having to play a barely 16 year old as their main striker. It's really not ideal.
How is having a talent like Moukoko as Halaand backup not ideal? Moukoko having that role isn't the problem, it's players like Reus, Brandt, Sancho etc. not performing.
Also let''s not kid ourselves, if Moukoko would play for us (Bayern) then he'd also be the first backup to Lewandowski just like Musiala has already moved past several established players.
Having such a talent is a luxury and mitigates Halaand's absence or a possible future departure or do we pretend that your average backup striker would have more of an impact for Dortmund?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
How is having a talent like Moukoko as Halaand backup not ideal? Moukoko having that role isn't the problem, it's players like Reus, Brandt, Sancho etc. not performing.
Also let''s not kid ourselves, if Moukoko would play for us (Bayern) then he'd also be the first backup to Lewandowski just like Musiala has already moved past several established players.
Having such a talent is a luxury and mitigates Halaand's absence or a possible future departure or do we pretend that your average backup striker would have more of an impact for Dortmund?
I don't know, just really feels like 16 is too young. It's a great story, and the kid is an amazing talent, but if Lewandowski got injured and we had to play a 16 year old, we would be mad at Brazzo, wouldn't we? And lo and behold, Brazzo didn't trust in Zirkzee to fill the role, either.
You're right in pointing out the responsibility of the other supposed key players, but it's a fact that Haaland's injury has put any hopes BVB had of winning to league to bed. So how could you say the backup situation is ideal?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I wouldn't put them in the top 10. They have a pseudo-competitive model. More of a tourist attraction than an established system to win.

RkkMan

I see people mentioning that Dortmund should have accepted United's bid of £100m but I've only ever read about a rejected bid for £73m rising to about £90m. Now, assuming only half of the add-ons were realistically achievable, it seems to me that Dortmund's choice still was correct as they'll very likely get at least around £80m next summer. And that's without taking into account that he could and certainly should improve in the second half of the season which adds further value to the decision of not selling.
However, I do understand the urge most posters seem to have to reveal their Schadenfreude. I would not be any different if the situation was the other way around.
It was 80m plus add ons rising to 95m which was/is very good money during a pandemic. You likely will have to sell for a similar value next summer unless Sancho has a drastic and I mean DRASTIC up turn in form

Fracture90

@Adam-Utd mate I've watched a fair amount of Dortmund games last season to say he played the majority of the games on the left wing doesn't seem genuine to me. Yes he had games where he played there, but in positional attack pattern he was deployed on the right, though he often drifted to the left wing whilst on the counter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Adam-Utd mate I've watched a fair amount of Dortmund games last season to say he played the majority of the games on the left wing doesn't seem genuine to me. Yes he had games where he played there, but in positional attack pattern he was deployed on the right, though he often drifted to the left wing whilst on the counter.
When they played 3-4-3 it was him on the left, Hazard on the right. Go back and look at his goal highlights and you'll see most of them from the left.

It's really not true that Hakimi is the reason he did so well. Yes he helped keep the width on the right so he could cut inside but that doesn't add up on the left does it

georgipep

And he did that because Hakimi was able to provide an option on the right.

Blackwidow

Interested to know if he spent a couple of minutes to proclaim that Sancho is happy and content at Dortmund.
If I would be a United fan I would be glad that you did not get Sancho. For that high transfer sum I would want a player that is totally commited to his sport and his club. I do not see that with him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Their defence and midfield is non-existent. Teams constantly run through them. It's a miracle they don't concede more than they do.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Didn't realise how tight it is over there in terms of top 4. Imagine if Dortmund fail to make CL :eek: I feel with the lack of big wages there, it would be hard to keep the big guns happy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got shot down the other day for daring to suggest they get in a proper manager but what's the latest, just waiting on Marco Rose to become available?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who shot you down?
I jokingly suggested they should get Hiddink or Heynckes out of retirement as not really sure the current caretaker is up to much , guy thought I was being serious.:lol:

0% chance Tuchel goes back so trying to think of a realistic alternative that isn't at a club currently.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Their defence and midfield is non-existent. Teams constantly run through them. It's a miracle they don't concede more than they do.
They have no technical quality in midfield. Can, Witsel, Bellingham, Delaney...

The Purley King

I have not watched any of these games but losing 6/17 is not clever.
If they are starting Bellingham every game I’d say that is more likely than not going to be a mistake as well......
League table does look tight. They could easily finish outside of top4. You’d love to see it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tbf they're also constantly getting ridiculous results. They really should be challenging bayern on the balance of their performances, yet they don't. Their game in fact was a perfect microcosm of dortmund's season - dominate and still lose

GledTheRed

Bellingham snubbed us for gaurunteed games at the biggest bestest youth development team in the world ever, said team loses all the time as a result.

You love to see it.

Last edited:

romufc

I would love to see Dortmund finish outside the CL places. I know its petty, but I do not care.

All the talk about going for a league title? guaranteed CL places? Yes but getting knocked out in the last 16 and no where near the title is not very competitive.

Soon, some players will start realising that Dortmund are a club with no real ambition.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I would love to see Dortmund finish outside the CL places. I know its petty, but I do not care.

All the talk about going for a league title? guaranteed CL places? Yes but getting knocked out in the last 16 and no where near the title is not very competitive.

Soon, some players will start realising that Dortmund are a club with no real ambition.
Especially if we, at the very least, sustain a proper title challenge/get top 4 comfortably.

Godfather

Tbf they're also constantly getting ridiculous results. They really should be challenging bayern on the balance of their performances, yet they don't. Their game in fact was a perfect microcosm of dortmund's season - dominate and still lose
Watch their game against Leverkusen. They are fecking shit a the moment. That midfield pair Delaney and Bellingham isn't nowhere good enough

romufc

Especially if we, at the very least, sustain a proper title challenge/get top 4 comfortably.
Yep, force them to sell their players for cheap. I wonder if Sancho hoped he pushed for a transfer a bit more?
Because we all know when the time is right, Halaand and his agent will not wait around, they will push for a transfer, be it Madrid, City or wherever.

Cloud7

You love to see it

GledTheRed

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watch their game against Leverkusen. They are fecking shit a the moment. That midfield pair Delaney and Bellingham isn't nowhere good enough
Heh, everyone can be bad on any given night. Most of the times they lost points they really shouldn't have, generally their performances have been better than bayern's. It's just that they lost Haaland for a month and that really hurt them

Okey

If they finish outside the top 4, surely Sancho would be available for no more than 50m? I would travel there just to laugh at them if that happened.