BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
So confused, from what I've seen in the press over the past 2 weeks, how can City possibly conquer the greatest player to have existed, Erling Haaland? Surely City must be huge underdogs?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think Dortmund may actually have a chance against City because they likely won't fear/respect City and actually attack them. Might catch them off guard.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Come on you beautiful yellow angels, hope they somehow do City over.
City are susceptible to world class strikers (yeah, I know, who isn't? etc). Haaland alone will be a bigger threat tonight than most of what City can offer. Shame I can't watch both games. If Real are handing us our arses I might switch over.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
City are susceptible to world class strikers (yeah, I know, who isn't? etc). Haaland alone will be a bigger threat tonight than most of what City can offer. Shame I can't watch both games. If Real are handing us our arses I might switch over.
Dortmund cannot compete with City's player quality or tactics. I expect Haaland to hang in a vacuum and hardly ever get a sniff of the ball. He may still score from a one off chance, but it won't matter.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund cannot compete with City's player quality or tactics. I expect Haaland to hang in a vacuum and hardly ever get a sniff of the ball. He may still score from a one off chance, but it won't matter.
That's the one thing City can't mitigate. A player who needs virtually zero chances to score two goals. Throw in the intangible fact that it's bottling stage of the CL for City, then unusual things start to happen. :)

Quality wise I agree with your statement above.

jackal&hyde

This thread has been a blast to read :lol: I loved to read it.

EDIT: Dortmund has had problems in dealing with more clubs then just United, Arsenal during the Aubameyang transfer, Dembele at Barcelona and the Mkhitaryan tweets were just pathetic. I don't know if it is some sort of complex being in Bayern's shadow or if it's a PR campaign meant to attract attention but at least the Sancho fiasco has backfired badly against them: both unable to compete for the title and even get a top 4 spot and seeing the players value drop. United fans have a right to poke some fun at them. United as a club will most likely stay classy even if the Sancho deal goes through.

Last edited:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Dortmund is so so bad this season, without Haaland they would probably be sitting in 10th or something in the Bundesliga and that´s not an exaggeration. Annoying really that german teams always seem to have the lowest point of form when they face Man City in the CL, a few years ago Schalke, then Gladbach this year and now Dortmund.

El Jefe

Dortmund have been twats over the last couple of years, specifically their social media accounts and Watzke/Zorc. They've pretty much used United name in a negative light to give themselves publicity at every chance.

Usually it's the buying club making all the noise and the selling club only responds when their player has been named by the buying club. I don't recall Ole or Woodward ever naming Sancho publically so I fail to see why they made such a circus over it. Its clearly been a PR attempt to paint themselves as the perfectly run club as opposed to us.

We've hardly conducted ourselves like Bayern or Barcelona so I don't understand why they seem to have much disdain for us.

What I don't agree with however is the petty bundesliga fans taunts that are happening on the Caf. I for one, value their input to the forum and while a few can get carried away lumping them all as one only turns threads into a shitshow. If the PL was being shitted on, I know I'd defend the position and more importantly if shite was being spouted about a rival, I'd correct it, not because I care about Spurs or Liverpool but because what's being said is wrong or nonsense.

ASHWIT

RV has tested positive today and is therefore out for Madrid now as well as Ramos. You jammy b@stards!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, he's expected to miss the second leg too. He should be back for the final few games of the season and possible the SF if they knock City out.
Shame. Was hoping to watch him and Haaland vs City.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
RV has tested positive today and is therefore out for Madrid now as well as Ramos. You jammy b@stards!
Yep, and with us having VvD and Gomez all ready for tonight we're going to feck them right over. We are proper jammy bastards. :lol: :houllier:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is calling him „RV“ a thing? Never heard it before and it really took me a while to understand who you mean. (We are talking about Varane, correct?)

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Dortmund have been twats over the last couple of years, specifically their social media accounts and Watzke/Zorc. They've pretty much used United name in a negative light to give themselves publicity at every chance.

Usually it's the buying club making all the noise and the selling club only responds when their player has been named by the buying club. I don't recall Ole or Woodward ever naming Sancho publically so I fail to see why they made such a circus over it. Its clearly been a PR attempt to paint themselves as the perfectly run club as opposed to us.

We've hardly conducted ourselves like Bayern or Barcelona so I don't understand why they seem to have much disdain for us.

What I don't agree with however is the petty bundesliga fans taunts that are happening on the Caf. I for one, value their input to the forum and while a few can get carried away lumping them all as one only turns threads into a shitshow. If the PL was being shitted on, I know I'd defend the position and more importantly if shite was being spouted about a rival, I'd correct it, not because I care about Spurs or Liverpool but because what's being said is wrong or nonsense.
This social media stuff is taken a bit too serious in my opinion. I doubt any of the english twitter accounts of Bundesliga clubs are run by actual club employees, the clubs gave those accounts to some marketing agencies and just let them post cringe-worthy "funny" stuff that is designed to gain new international followers. I would recommend to follow the german-speaking accounts.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This social media stuff is taken a bit too serious in my opinion. I doubt any of the english twitter accounts of Bundesliga clubs are run by actual club employees, the clubs gave those accounts to some marketing agencies and just let them post cringe-worthy "funny" stuff that is designed to gain new international followers. I would recommend to follow the german-speaking accounts.
You do well to recommend that, too, seeing that the Leverkusen English Twitter account is run by what must be a 10 year old with ADHD on a sugar rush

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What were they doing having a look round the cliff? Were they training there or just something to do to kill the time?

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You do well to recommend that, too, seeing that the Leverkusen English Twitter account is run by what must be a 10 year old with ADHD on a sugar rush
Yeah, I know. :D It´s aimed at 14 year old kids who are, sadly, in the majority on football twitter.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why is everyone on this website so angry. Using a very common term doesn't make you an idiot, Karen.

Dortumund will still get top 4 unfortunately. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.
Got 3 or 4 teams in the top 8 left to play. Eintrach Frankfurt have some lower league games... beating Dortmund at the weekend was huge.
Wait... what? A United supporter rooting for City again Dortmund? :houllier:
It seems some United supporters think more about Dortmund than vice versa.
No way I want City to win. The Qu$drupl€ would be a disaster.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Could’ve given them Carrington for one night only, the Cliff’s fecked. Leave a few legends knocking about too with Bruno and Pogba doing kick ups on the next pitch. Phil Jones doing a chained walk of shame with one of those bells in his hand to show that we’re past all that nonsense. Would’ve signed a few of their players or at least Sancho and Haaland.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Could’ve given them Carrington for one night only, the Cliff’s fecked. Leave a few legends knocking about too with Bruno and Pogba doing kick ups on the next pitch. Phil Jones doing a chained walk of shame with one of those bells in his hand to show that we’re past all that nonsense. Would’ve signed a few of their players or at least Sancho and Haaland.
Bellingham would have been able to show them around