BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Really are nothing without Haaland aren’t they
It's not just Haaland, their whole team has massive injury troubles this season. Of course Haaland is the most important, but far from the only one.

432JuanMata

It's not just Haaland, their whole team has massive injury troubles this season. Of course Haaland is the most important, but far from the only one.
Oh course they have injuries but they are so reliant on Haaland which isn’t bad per se. It just shows how good he is at 21

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was clear for me it wouldnt. Ajax were growing into the game just before, hence why the red card. They were getting the ball in the areas where they one to, Antony vs Hummels is ideal.
Ajax only created real chances on the second half way after Hummels receiving the red card.

This isn’t an attack on Ajax, as a matter off fact one of the best things this Ajax team showed in the group stage is that they are ruthless when they have to finish their chances.

Compared to the 2019 team they don’t have the type of midfielders as exciting to watch like De Jong or Van de Beek, but on the other hand they have one of the most gifted Brazilian talents on Antony, and Haller while aesthetically doesn’t look like a Ajax player for that role fits like a glove for that system.

Anyway the point here is Dortmund had to deal with a significant number of their best players not being available for the crucial stage of the group, new coach, etc.

This and the fact I didn’t expected Besiktas to be so anarchic in this group, expected them to be a hard team to beat in Turkey.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Marco Rose....has work to do.

Dortmund really are poor at times!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Niko Kovac is available!
And as opposed to Rose, Reus, Haaland, et al. he has won the league before.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What a comeback, they couldn't line up 3 passes in the first half but I think they did create a lot of chances, if Haaland was more like his usual clinical self, this would have been an easy win.

Idxomer

Don't think they are doing badly, 6 points behind Bayern and scored the 2nd most goals.

They have problems with their defense and need to find someone instead of Hummels.

Champ

Feels like a lot of that poor state is his work already. Not impressed with his time at Dortmund tbh.
They came back well though, good response from the players

NoLogo

They came back well though, good response from the players
Nice comeback, no doubt, but the first half they were just plain awful. I don't think they had a single good chance, but if they get going they still play some quality football, and yes of course having Can as center back probably isn't an ideal solution either.

Champ

Nice comeback, no doubt, but the first half they were just plain awful. I don't think they had a single good chance, but if they get going they still play some quality football, and yes of course having Can as center back probably isn't an ideal solution either.
Your 100% right, the first half was awful.

Seems to me though that without Haaland firing, they really struggle.

Champ

No Haaland, no party for Dortmund.

He papers over so many cracks in that team.
Rose seems to be struggling a bit again.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Zagadou ?That might be my favourite name of all time. Imagine the chants!

Champ

Anyone remember when Marco Rose was being touted as the next United manager by so called experts on here :lol:

Halcyon days they were.

He won't be lasting much longer at this rate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was going to start a new thread but can anyone explain to me why their defensive structure is consistantly so bad.

They've just conceded four goals at home to Rangers. With all due respect to one half of the old firm I'm not sure any other top level team in europa would be doing that tonight.

I remember years back thinking it was just Burki at fault, a bit like Liverpool conceding silly goals with Karius in goal but now got someone else in and same old problems.

This season in Bundesliga they've kept three clean sheets all season, indeed the other week at Union Berlin was first time they hadn't conceded away in Bundesliga all year and that preceded them shipping five at home to Leverkusen.

No real idea how highly rated Akanji is nowadays but not like it's just kids in defence with him alongside Hummels, Rafa Guerrerio and also Witsel at DM. Bellingham has enough about him not to just fly forward all the time.

Not sure you can just blame the coach as even under Tuchel they had defensive issues and we've seen how rock solid Chelsea have been since he turned up. In 16/17 season they conceded more than Hoffenheim for instance.

A fun team to watch for sure....but loads of fun teams don't ship 2-3 goals as often as they do. Last season for instance they conceded 14 more goals than Leipzig. Can get away with it to a degree most weeks in Bundesliga but just find them conceding four goals to Rangers really poor unless they just don't care about the europa although team line up wouldn't suggest that.

What do the tactical whizz-kids on here think....

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Anyone remember when Marco Rose was being touted as the next United manager by so called experts on here :lol:

Halcyon days they were.

6 points behind Bayern after 22 matches - doesn't seem to be an "atrocious" record, does it? Granted their UCL exit was a "surprise", even though it was on GD (or H2H?) to Sporting, after Ajax crushed them all.

I'm not defending Rose because frankly, I know next to nothing about him - and even his Gladbach team seemed to be in freefall by the time he left but I wouldn't think being second to Bayern in the BL is terrible.

mu4c_20le

Halcyon days they were.

It's the squad, he has a poor team :wenger:

Champ

6 points behind Bayern after 22 matches - doesn't seem to be an "atrocious" record, does it? Granted their UCL exit was a "surprise", even though it was on GD (or H2H?) to Sporting, after Ajax crushed them all.

I'm not defending Rose because frankly, I know next to nothing about him - and even his Gladbach team seemed to be in freefall by the time he left but I wouldn't think being second to Bayern in the BL is terrible.
The daggers are out for Rose as far as I can tell, the fans are unhappy, the journalists are already sharpening their pens to write the obituary.
A few more poor results and he will be gone.

ti vu

Not sure if Wiki stats is that accurate but it has his current win rate at 60+%. Looks alright until you realize Dortmund only drew one game and the rest is defeats.This means defeat rate of too.

Seems like Marco Rose has no middle ground with Dortmund.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The defending for some of the goals is Sunday league level. They’re an abomination in defence.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The daggers are out for Rose as far as I can tell, the fans are unhappy, the journalists are already sharpening their pens to write the obituary.
A few more poor results and he will be gone.
Yeah seems they’re concede far too many goals but tbh, outside of watching United play, I can’t be arsed with other leagues. So I have little clue what’s happening. He (Rose) was one to watch but seems his stock is falling quickly.