BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

NoPace

The daggers are out for Rose as far as I can tell, the fans are unhappy, the journalists are already sharpening their pens to write the obituary.
A few more poor results and he will be gone.
Terzic back in by the 2nd leg?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How are these second in the Bundesliga? IS the league that weak?
Horrible defence, strong attack, especially when Haaland is fit. If the attack doesn't click and the opponents get confident a game like yesterday happens, they lost several games against shit teams in the league too.

danamann

Hummels has been past it for the last 3 years, every time I see him play it is glaringly obvious. Yet he is always the one appearing in front of cameras and blaming his teammates after a loss? Dortmund would be wise to get rid of this clown, he has neither the ability nor the standing in the team anymore to acually improve them. His time has been up for a long time.

VanAlden

I don't know, if these events are once every 50 years, if you're a betting man then writing off Rangers seems a good course of action.
It was a reference to Rangers beating Bayern in 1972 after being written off by the Germans.

We have played Dortmund 9 times (all in competitive matches) and have won 4 and drew 4. They've got 1 victory over us.

As I said, maybe it's about time these sides give us a bit of respect.

Classical Mechanic

Wouldn't have made you much money over the last few years.
It was a reference to Rangers beating Bayern in 1972 after being written off by the Germans.

We have played Dortmund 9 times (all in competitive matches) and have won 4 and drew 4. They've got 1 victory over us.

As I said, maybe it's about time these sides give us a bit of respect.
I was only messing. It just seemed a bit daft to reference a game that happened 50 years ago as to a reason never to write Rangers off.

Great win for them last night. Wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund turn it over in the return leg if Haaland is fit.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The Sule signing will prove to be an astute bit of business for them.
He might help them, but their issues root a bit too deep for being solvable by merely signing a player

romufc

I remember them rejecting the money from United so they can "challenge" for the league. Dortmund are what they are, good for young players to go play in a league where they are almost guaranteed CL football but knowing they wont really challenge for big trophies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I remember them rejecting the money from United so they can "challenge" for the league. Dortmund are what they are, good for young players to go play in a league where they are almost guaranteed CL football but knowing they wont really challenge for big trophies.
The last time they truly challenged was under Klopp and it really proves what a good manager he is.

In reality Dortmund are Spurs level in a league where there is only one superpower.

Bestietom

This season has really pissed me off. Even with the signings we made in the summer, I said we would be in trouble without a top DM and it has proved so. Then I thought surely we will bring a DM in January when we still had a chance of top 4 place.
I think we will regret this and Board/ Glazers are to blame, not manager.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The last time they truly challenged was under Klopp and it really proves what a good manager he is.
They were also challenging for the title under Tuchel, but the bomb attack completely derailed their form and more importantly broke the relation between Tuchel and board. Nonetheless he got the second most points for a Dortmund team ever (so he was better even han Klopp's first title season).

Boavista

Was going to start a new thread but can anyone explain to me why their defensive structure is consistantly so bad.

They've just conceded four goals at home to Rangers. With all due respect to one half of the old firm I'm not sure any other top level team in europa would be doing that tonight.

I remember years back thinking it was just Burki at fault, a bit like Liverpool conceding silly goals with Karius in goal but now got someone else in and same old problems.

This season in Bundesliga they've kept three clean sheets all season, indeed the other week at Union Berlin was first time they hadn't conceded away in Bundesliga all year and that preceded them shipping five at home to Leverkusen.

No real idea how highly rated Akanji is nowadays but not like it's just kids in defence with him alongside Hummels, Rafa Guerrerio and also Witsel at DM. Bellingham has enough about him not to just fly forward all the time.

Not sure you can just blame the coach as even under Tuchel they had defensive issues and we've seen how rock solid Chelsea have been since he turned up. In 16/17 season they conceded more than Hoffenheim for instance.

A fun team to watch for sure....but loads of fun teams don't ship 2-3 goals as often as they do. Last season for instance they conceded 14 more goals than Leipzig. Can get away with it to a degree most weeks in Bundesliga but just find them conceding four goals to Rangers really poor unless they just don't care about the europa although team line up wouldn't suggest that.

What do the tactical whizz-kids on here think....
I think it's a mixture of Rose failing to implement defensive structure, and also a failure in squad planning. Their backline has their issues in every position but I think the problem starts in midfield. They don't really have good defensive midfield players with Witsel being past his peak. Dahoud is tenacious and good in possession, but not that defensive anchor they need. All their central midfield options are fairly attacking, or just not very good at defending like Brandt. And even though Bellingham has the tools to be a great central midfielder, he's found further upfield all the time because he also has fantastic qualities there. So they just lose shape and get overrun when they lose possession.

I'm not sure I'd say their problems were the same under Tuchel. After all in 16/17 they came third, and Hoffenheim fourth under Nagelsmann so not sure conceding slightly more than Hoffenheim says much.

In reality Dortmund are Spurs level in a league where there is only one superpower.
They also finished just two points behind Bayern in 18/19 under Favre. Should have won it that season but bottled it in the end.

Pearl.Jam

This season has really pissed me off. Even with the signings we made in the summer, I said we would be in trouble without a top DM and it has proved so. Then I thought surely we will bring a DM in January when we still had a chance of top 4 place.
I think we will regret this and Board/ Glazers are to blame, not manager.
Meanwhile, back in Dortmund..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The Sule signing will prove to be an astute bit of business for them.
Astute bit of business for the "Aylin Grill", "Burger Trip" and "Currywurst & more" restaurants in Dortmund-Brackel above all

troylocker

Just to rub it in Dortmunds face, Bodo Glimt goes to Glasgow and beats Celtic 1-3 in Celtic Park......

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Dortmund has major trophies, Spurs don't.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If we drew Dortmund and went to their ground and won 4-2 I’d be absolutely delighted.

It was a magnificent result for Rangers.

ti vu

"You Love To See It" bump.

Stylistically, they are very pleasant to watch going forward. However, there is a lot of playing out of the back, and nonsense defending. Having many bodies around and yet Rangers players somehow Messi out and running at their goal. Doesn't look like they know how to tackle, body block. Extreme fragile this version Dortmund despite being known as soft bellied in previous seasons.

Last edited:

Boavista

"You Love To See It" bump.

Stylistically, they are very pleasant to watch going forward. However, there is a lot of playing out of the back, and nonsense defending. Having many bodies around and yet Rangers players somehow Messi out and running at their goal. Doesn't look like they know how to tackle, body block. Extreme fragile this version Dortmund despite being known as soft bellied in previous seasons.
Stylistically they're all over the place under Rose. Apparently for now they're gonna stick with him but who knows for how long. I'd imagine the rest of the season would look better if they brought Terzic back in, but then again I have a gut feeling that Rose could work out next season and I'm curious to see if he can improve. A lot of their problems come down to their squad but he certainly hasn't convinced either yet.

But they have their work cut out when it comes to the next transfer window. Defensive overhaul, probably replacing Haaland, and possibly a number of other players. Sell Brandt, Schulz...? let Zagadou's contract run out? Or hope they can turn it around?

On another note, why did Real pay 30m for Reinier? i know he's only 20 but I don't think i've ever seen him do anything remotely remarkable when he's come on.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I mean, when you play Hummel's and Can as your center back pairing it's no wonder you conceed 7 to rangers :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Poor result yet again.
Now 8 points away.