BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's not wrong though, my first impression was that it was a foul.

No way VAR would've reversed it though, alot of play has gone on after the incident.
For me it looked like nothing that would be a foul in the PL. Shoulder to shoulder contact. Did they also ask him about the possible penalty against him?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I am biased but that surely is no foul, correct?
Not to me. It looks excessive only because the shoulder push isn't anticipated. As the ball is going sideways, the Bayern player is not bouncing into the Dortmund player's path, just using his body to establish his position alongside him. If the Dortmund player had anticipated that and set himself up to hold his ground (his own straight line), he wouldn't have gone flying. I don't think this counts as a body-check.

always_hoping

6th and near 20 points off 1st the best effort Dortmund can make with the likes of Sancho, Haaland in their line up?

In comparison RB leipzig with no real stand out players are 2nd just 2 points off 1st.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can somebody explain to me how Dortmund are in 6th place 16 points off top with that squad??
Having a 3 wonderkids and a few 17 year olds in rotation behind them doesn’t compensate for actual team balance.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I see all the preseason preparation and setting a deadline because after that they wouldn’t have enough time to replace Sancho and integrate his replacement worked wonders.
Imagine where they would be without such first class preparation.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
6th and near 20 points off 1st the best effort Dortmund can make with the likes of Sancho, Haaland in their line up?

In comparison RB leipzig with no real stand out players are 2nd just 2 points off 1st.
RB might not have the biggest names but they have quality players all over the pitch. Kampl, Sabitzer, Forsberg, Nkunku, Olmo, Upamecano etc. would definitely get into Dortmunds starting 11.

Ludens the Red

Dortmund are a bit like Spurs and RBL a bit like Leicester. Kane (Haaland) and son (Sancho) and then just trash in the rest of the team. Maybe that’s harsh but basically average players. Dahoud, Schulz, Zagadou, and a few others at BvB all nothing players.
Whereas Leicester and RBL haven’t got anyone spectacular but plenty 7/10 type players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Having a 3 wonderkids and a few 17 year olds in rotation behind them doesn’t compensate for actual team balance.
Reus, Can, Hummels and Meunier are certainly no part-timers. They should be doing better with that squad...no excuses.

prateik

Reus, Can, Hummels and Meunier are certainly no part-timers. They should be doing better with that squad...no excuses.
They are also not very good.
Seriously though.. those 4 are bang average.. I cant see too many top(ish) clubs wanting any of them even if they were on the market

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

They have such an inferiority complex.
Such a pathetic thing to say.
Not only is it not a foul in the first place, but to think this would be the thing he comes out with, after that complete nonexistance of a performance which his team presented in the last 80 minutes of the game.
These clowns manage to aimlessly kick a ball into our half every 10 minutes while being pinned back for the rest of the time, and this is his takeaway.

BVB have become an embarrassment, managing to come 6th in a two horse race.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They are also not very good.
Seriously though.. those 4 are bang average.. I cant see too many top(ish) clubs wanting any of them even if they were on the market
It's all relative though. Not many top clubs would be after them, agreed, (well maybe Arsenal). But that squad should be doing better than 6th in the Bundesliga. You can't tell me that they are worse than Frankfurt or Leverkusen.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also zero creativity at DM/CM: Can, Witsel, Delaney

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Funny everybody is only talking about Dortmund.
Maybe im biased but i believe Bayern played excellent after going down 2:0 after only 8 minutes. The team didn't panic but calmly increased the pressure on Dortmund and didn't let them breath until the end.
Dortmund was defending extremely deep and Bayern were constantly threatening. They had over 23 shots on and off target, plus several crucial blocks. On top a clear penalty in the handball of Reus.
Dortmund managed only one shot on target in the remaining 82 minutes plus stoppage time.
It was total domination after 10 minutes.

Thiagoal

Funny everybody is only talking about Dortmund.
Maybe im biased but i believe Bayern played excellent after going down 2:0 after only 8 minutes. The team didn't panic but calmly increased the pressure on Dortmund and didn't let them breath until the end.
Dortmund was defending extremely deep and Bayern were constantly threatening. They had over 23 shots on and off target, plus several crucial blocks. On top a clear penalty in the handball of Reus.
Dortmund managed only one shot on target in the remaining 82 minutes plus stoppage time.
It was total domination after 10 minutes.
I think it’s because it’s a Dortmund watch thread? I agree though, Bayern didn’t panic at all and knew they would get more than enough chances to turn the game around- even at 0-2

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I am biased but that surely is no foul, correct?
I still think it is because Can gets to the ball while Leroy makes no attempt to try and win it but only knock Can off the ball.

If this were a decade ago, I don't think it would be a foul but in this day and age we live in with fouls being called for much less, I think it should've been given.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I still think it is because Can gets to the ball while Leroy makes no attempt to try and win it but only knock Can off the ball.

If this were a decade ago, I don't think it would be a foul but in this day and age we live in with fouls being called for much less, I think it should've been given.
If Can had just been running forward and Sane had ran into him it would be a foul. But Can actually mis-controls the ball and it runs closer to Sane, so Can ends up trying to shoulder Sane just as much as Sane is trying to shoulder him. That turns it into a fair challenge for me.

RooneyLegend

Such a pathetic thing to say.
Not only is it not a foul in the first place, but to think this would be the thing he comes out with, after that complete nonexistance of a performance which his team presented in the last 80 minutes of the game.
These clowns manage to aimlessly kick a ball into our half every 10 minutes while being pinned back for the rest of the time, and this is his takeaway.

BVB have become an embarrassment, managing to come 6th in a two horse race.
it was clearly a foul

do.omb

Supports
Bayern Munich
Marco Reus is the epitome of a loser mentality. Ignoring the fact that the "foul" is a 50/50 under any circumstance and that the ref had a very clear, consistent line of allowing play to go on in these types of calls the entire game on both sides, it shows everything you need to know about a player, when he blames the ref after the team pissed away this gifted 0:2 lead by going full Mourinho.
There's a reason his most prestige trophy hall is a single German Cup.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
it was clearly a foul
I‘d still argue it’s a 50:50 at best but the main thing is: Dortmund had the ball again after the „foul“ and gave it away to Bayern for them to score. This „foul“ did not directly lead to the goal. It’s just a sad excuse for playing 80 minutes of crap football.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wow that was a must not lose game and they lost it

You love to see it

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Raiola will have toured all of Europe by the end of the week and I cannot wait for the drama when Haaland, Sancho and maybe some others want to leave in the summer with no CL.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What on earth is happening to them?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Raiola will have toured all of Europe by the end of the week and I cannot wait for the drama when Haaland, Sancho and maybe some others want to leave in the summer with no CL.
Glorious months ahead of BVB fans, a whole summer of nonstop transfer circus involving all of their best talents, followed by Rose having them struggling against FC Vaduz or similar in the UEFA Conference League :drool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Glorious months ahead of BVB fans, a whole summer of nonstop transfer circus involving all of their best talents, followed by Rose having them struggling against FC Vaduz or similar in the UEFA Conference League :drool:
Hey, at least Michael Zorg is a top class negotiator. Or something like that.