DP Draft 480p QF: Physio vs Lord Slnister

Who will win the match?

• Lord SInister

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who

---------------------------------------PHYSIOCRAT-------------------------------------------------------------------LORD SINISTER---------------------------------------

TEAM PHYSIOCRAT

Tactics – Direct/ Mixed
Formation – 433
Defensive Line Balanced
Marking – Zonal

Despite the injuries to Best and Ronaldino I still boast a lot of goalscoring ability with Forlan and Ballon d’Or winning Andriy Shevchenko. In what looks like a bit of an out of position role, Shevchenko roamed across the front line and with playing with very attacking full-backs he is not tasked with providing width.

Let’s not also forget that Diego Forlan was a complete and deadly striker. Joint-top scorer in the 2010 World Cup with 5 goals including a goal in both the quarters and semis, in addition to being named player of the tournament. Pichichi winner in 04-05 and 08-09. At his three year consecutive peak at Atletico Madrid between 07-10 he scored 66 goals in 102 league games. He was also one of the most two footed players I have ever seen. If you have time watch this video – it also showcases some of his aerial ability.

There can be no doubting Scholes’ role this time with two absolute dynamo B2B CMs alongside him. He will dictate from deep with both his short and long-passes. Nedved and Shevchenko will thrive from his service as well as from Lerby and Pirri who were both accomplished passers.

The versatile Dutchman Cocu slips in at left-back. He has great technique and a good passing ability as well as a good engine to get up and down. Bessonov will reprise his familiar attacking RB role. Both full backs will be tasked with providing most of the width and will bomb forward at the same time as they are covered by the monstrous midfield three.

At CB we welcome back the great man marker Karl-Heinz Forster whose experience at RCB will be useful if Lord Slinster finds space behind Bessonov. Similarly Thiago will be useful moving wide to cover Cocu. Clearly Thiago and Forster will be a complementary sweeper/stopper style pairing.

Finally in goal, there is no longer Tim Howard.

TEAM LORD SINISTER
An attack minded yet defensively strong 5-4-1, with Di Maria being given the duty to roaming of the whole left flank, with Kompany in LCB covering him, and Thuram on the right going with a more traditional full back role, while Yaya Toure will be more of a ball playing center back, along with the stopper Stam on the right center back.

A diamond midfield with Didi playing a free moving play maker from deep, while Rattin and Keane taking on everyone, while Modric on the top of the midfield, linking up the midfield and attack. With Greaves as the dynamic finisher, who will make surging runs. Also I know question will arise, that Greaves was not a pure strong target man center forward like Drogba who can hold up the game, rather more of a SS just like my other two unused strikers Suarez and Streltsov. But we are not looking for a targetman either, but for someone who can be as up involved in the build up as the midfielders for a free flowing direct attack minded yet balanced game, where the five man in the midfield of the field would be just bullying and out tricking the opposition

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Changed the thread name, I assume that you've just copied from the previous one @Enigma_87?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Out of all of the ways to set up that midfield four :(

Enigma_87

You know who
Physio's team looks a lot more straightforward.

Injuries has been kinder to him and that Cocu pick is inspiring given his versatility.

Lord Sinister has really been hit hard by injuries and probably the best you could muster, although like @harms I'd put Didi on the top of the diamond, Modric right, Keane left and Rattin at the base.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Lord Sinister's has incredible defence. Poor ol' Greaves look so lonely up front, though. Those injuries are just awful. It's like they came specifically targeting you out.

I just think Physio's has enough power to score, while keeps tight at the back.

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Injuries has been kinder to him and that Cocu pick is inspiring given his versatility.

Lord Sinister has really been hit hard by injuries and probably the best you could muster, although like @harms I'd put Didi on the top of the diamond, Modric right, Keane left and Rattin at the base.
Aye, Cocu is worth his weight in gold in this draft. Gorgeous midfield from Physio and a very solid team in general. Personally I might have tinkered around with the frontline a bit and had Sheva leading the line, Forlan playing from the left, and Nedved on the right. Alternatively, Forlan and Sheva as a forward duo, with Nedved roaming across the pitch from the tip of a diamond formation. Just thinking out loud though, and it has little impact on the likely result here.

LS has just been decimated with the purge on his FBs. Agreed that he's got his midfield configuration wrong though.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Agreed. Tempted to move Toure out of defence and use him as the base of the diamond to make the team more of a threat in transition. Then use the extra player for another forward with Drogba looking custom designed for such a soak-and-break tactic.

Rather fecked either way, the injuries are unrecoverable when they’ve hammered a single position like this.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Aye, Cocu is worth his weight in gold in this draft. Gorgeous midfield from Physio and a very solid team in general. Personally I might have tinkered around with the frontline a bit and had Sheva leading the line, Forlan playing from the left, and Nedved on the right. Alternatively, Forlan and Sheva as a forward duo, with Nedved roaming across the pitch from the tip of a diamond formation. Just thinking out loud though, and it has little impact on the likely result here.

LS has just been decimated with the purge on his FBs. Agreed that he's got his midfield configuration wrong though.
I considered the diamond but I preferred Nedved to be a bit wider providing a little more width. Also harms had done a good job showing Shevchenko's ability as a RW so it fit nicely. In reality though it would probably end up looking something like a diamond with Nedved as a left drifting 10 and Shevchenko as a right drifting SS.