DP Draft 480p QF: Zlatan7 vs P-nut

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

-----------------------------------------Zlatan7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PNUT---------------------------------------

TEAM Zlatan7

Solid centre back pairing for a Europa league level tie having one of the best stoppers of all time along side one of the best ball playing centrebacks in Cannavaro and Rio with Sammer sat just in front protecting them. Should provide a solid base if/when either full back gets forward to provide width, both backs able to do this, Irwin also with a wicked delivery providing balls into the box.

Gattuso will do lots of dog work in the middle and ossie also more than up for a fight and able to carry the ball forward or pick out the 3 in front.

Kaka in the hole able to drift and run where the space is pulling the defence around creating the gaps for Henry to collect the ball and run with or link up with Salas, Salas to stay furtherst forward always occupying the centre backs and not giving them a moments piece when not in possession.

All the best Pnut

TEAM PNUT

Team will sit deep and hit on the counter attack with the overloads coming out wide with Beckham-Figo and Facchetti-Giggs.

Schweinsteiger and Voronin are solid as a rock in central midfield, protecting the back 3 and starting attacks. Also have the weapon of Beckhams long range passing and crossing which he should have ample space to utilise given Figo will be occupying Zlatans left back.

Batigol in the middle is the perfect predatory striker to finish the chances that will come his way on the break.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Sorry, I’m busy at the mo, I’ll contribute later

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Zlatan got one hell of reinforcement.

P-Nut would be perfect going 4-4-2 with Batigol and Crespo upfront, with those CMs and wingers :(. Voronin back to CB, and Duncan Edwards partners Schwein.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

P-Nut would be perfect going 4-4-2 with Batigol and Crespo upfront, with those CMs and wingers :(. Voronin back to CB, and Duncan Edwards partners Schwein.
I never had Edwards, no idea how he ended up on my list, Skizzo took Edwards and I took Vieira. The initial plan from the start of drafting was a 442/4411 with Cruyff playing off one of Crespo or Batigol, but due to injuries I always ended up with no cover in at least 1 position. Poor drafting on my part not to pick more flexible players, but 1st round I lost all strikers bar Cruyff and this round lost Cruyff

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I never had Edwards, no idea how he ended up on my list, Skizzo took Edwards and I took Vieira. The initial plan from the start of drafting was a 442/4411 with Cruyff playing off one of Crespo or Batigol, but due to injuries I always ended up with no cover in at least 1 position. Poor drafting on my part not to pick more flexible players, but 1st round I lost all strikers bar Cruyff and this round lost Cruyff
Vieira and Schweni is tasty CM, too. Beckham at RB isn't perfect, but would be passable, imho, as Zlatan doesn't play with wingers.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@P-Nut

Do you have a fit RB? If so Giggs as a second striker with Figo at LM would have worked a treat. Giggs played as an SS quite frequently off RVN.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
What's Sammer's role @Zlatan 7 DM or sweeper? How would your Def function? Also not fond of your fullbacks for a diamond, more so with those two wingers they are facing. I doubt your team can get any type of consistent width.

Lots to wrap around for PNut's team. Not fond of that D at all, but Zlatan's lack of width helps a lot. Still I expect Henry's pace and movement out wide to cause lots of trouble. Also feel the team's lacking a bit of goal threat.

Give this to Zlatan by a whisker for strength of his defence.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Firstly, thanks for putting a team together Pnut, it’s hard work when injuries hit. I like your tactics of playing in green and trying the camouflage route to victory, something I haven’t tried.

I think I agree with the poster who said it would have suited a 442 with Beckham and figo on the wings, even though I would have thought giggsy would look off as second striker, I think he could do the job there. Same applies to Beckham at wingback though being able to do that job especially as I’m not using wingers so I think both work.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
much, much better @Zlatan 7
Thanks sjor, to be honest I agreed with what you said in my first match about having henry shunted out wide and salas not at his best as lone striker so tried to sort that out a bit, even though I wouldn’t think henry would be the best partner for him, it kind of works.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I was happy picking up two new centrebacks for sure, especially of their quality and then ardiles was the icing on the cake to play that midfield role for me once I’d seen my injuries and had a play with the formation.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What's Sammer's role @Zlatan 7 DM or sweeper? How would your Def function? Also not fond of your fullbacks for a diamond, more so with those two wingers they are facing. I doubt your team can get any type of consistent width.

Lots to wrap around for PNut's team. Not fond of that D at all, but Zlatan's lack of width helps a lot. Still I expect Henry's pace and movement out wide to cause lots of trouble. Also feel the team's lacking a bit of goal threat.

Give this to Zlatan by a whisker for strength of his defence.
Thanks for the input, I was a bit iffy using Irwin in the diamond, I think cole would be ok but I agree I could definitely do with more attacking wingbacks there.

Sammer would be playing more of a DM I think in this role, I was unsure where to put him to be honest, he would stay deeper when the wingback went forward to fill any holes left in the middle if one of the centre backs went out wide to cover, again I was unsure how Cannavaro could handle that job so my defence was a bit of a punt but that was the rough idea.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Gamarra was capable of playing at RB if I am not wrong.
I think he played RCB in a 3 for Paraguay. Looks fine here though, in fact probably in his element, his only weakness was pace - which he made up for with boundless anticipation - and he's got the quicksilver Facchetti ahead of him here.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Firstly, thanks for putting a team together Pnut, it’s hard work when injuries hit. I like your tactics of playing in green and trying the camouflage route to victory, something I haven’t tried.

I think I agree with the poster who said it would have suited a 442 with Beckham and figo on the wings, even though I would have thought giggsy would look off as second striker, I think he could do the job there. Same applies to Beckham at wingback though being able to do that job especially as I’m not using wingers so I think both work.
I'd have Figo as SS with Giggs and Beckham as wingers. Figo is capable as a 10 also.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I'd have Figo as SS with Giggs and Beckham as wingers. Figo is capable as a 10 also.
Yeah, Figo can play as a 10 but then it becomes more of a 4231 which I don't think Beckham would like much as he would play on average further forward. Much better I think for a more penetrating and quick player to be the SS.

If you check Utd history Giggs played there quite frequently most famously probably against Deportivo. Also when there were many rumours Inter were in for him they wanted to turn Giggs into a 10/ though he would be more of an SS.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’ve used Beckham as a wingback, a couple of times actually, so I’m very much comfortable with him in that role, but it looks weird with Figo ahead of him. Yeah, at their peak both Giggs & Figo scored a lot but I still don’t think of them as forwards by nature.

GodShaveTheQueen

I dont know what Zlatan was complaining about. That is an awesome team. What makes it great is it looks awesome even without many shiny names. Ardiles/Gattuso especially look perfect there and can really see Sammer shine here. Kaka drifting right, Henry drifting left, and you have enough permutations movements wise there.

For P-nut, if it was me I would abuse the shit out of the draft mod as his squad was up for something special if not for these injuries.

GodShaveTheQueen

On Cole and Irwin, I think they are both capable of playing as wingbacks in a diamond. Cole already did that at Chelsea and I did do some research back in the day on Irwin's runs forwards without inking up with the winger and he seemed to do more than alright. Didn't even need to look into full games, his youtube compilations themselves have enough evidence.