DP Draft - R1: Elegancia vs Himannv

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
VS

TEAM ELEGANCIA:

Inspirations:Ernst Happle(Feyenoord)in term of attacking and Trappatoni's Juve in term of defensive similarities and details.

Tactics: -Balance between attacking and defending
-high defensive line and offside trap
-freedom from creative players in attacking
-great workrate from Van Hanegem and Ardiles in midfield
-left side attacks from Cabrini and Sivori combo

Goalkeeper
:Pat jennings, one of the best gk ever.His strengths was commanding the defensive lines and great reflexes.He will be my gk in this game.

Defenders: My defensive line is lead by Bobby Moore,one of the greatest cb ever.He will pair with one of the greatest stoppers in the history of football and Manchester United his name is Nemanja Vidic.Moore's reading the game and anticipation will match with Vidic's abilities in the air and no nonsense tackling.

Midfielders:Van Hanegem and Ardiles both of them had great ball controlling skills,superb workrate and stamina,tough as nails and know how to play defense.So they would be pair perfectly in this game.Ardiles and Van Hanegem can start the game from the back,has enough stamina to play pressing game and both of them are great at defensive phase too.

Ardiles is more defensive role and Van Hanegem will control the tempo of game and make some great long passes.

Enzo Francescoli will perform in this game as attacking-midfielder/second striker.He will have a lot of freedom to create the attacks and can sometimes exchange position with Seeler and Ronaldo in front line to make the game more unpredictable.

My midfield advantages are the creativity,flair,stamina and workrate and one the most important things in midfield battle is all of my midfielders have enough skills to play against hardcore pressing.

Attackers:Omar Sivori one of the best dribblers of all time,In this game he will play as left wingers/forward.He will combo in the attacks with my attacking full-back Antonio Cabrini.Sometimes he can be drift in side in to the area of central attacking midfielders due to his skills,flair and passing skills,whilst also pull defender(Zambrotta or Trent) all over the place to create the advantage.

I don't know which players who you choose between Trent or Zambrotta but I'm still sure that Sivori will make a lot of trouble to either of them for sure and your fullbacks are attack-minded so I send Sivori combo with Cabrini to make Trent or Zambrot stay in deep line and can't join the attack as much as they often do.

Strikers:Uwe Seeler will pair in this game with the best/one of the best strikers of all time Ronaldo(R9).Ronaldo had the pace,dribbling skills,finishing skills and flair combine with Uwe unselfishness,heading skills,finishing skills and passing skills(he did this department really well especially in WC70),they will make god-level striker pair and both of them will make any center-backs in the history of football in trouble. The mixture of dribbling, pace, work rate will make the attack almost unpredictable

Ronaldo's role in this game:He will not fox in the fox striker.In this game,he will use his biggest strength in the maximum level and his biggest strength in his playing days was the ability to dribble/run passed the defenders to scored or passed.So I plan him as half striker and half rw because If he play in this role,he will get more chances to drop deep and get the ball to dribble pass them or make a lot of troubles to them.

Seeler / Francescoli and Sivori all of them can exchange the role between the game too.

He will do this stuff a lot in this game.

TEAM HIMANNV

Tactics:

4-1-3-2 possession based, high line, high press.

Attacking phase:

Playing style and roles:

General goals:
- Keep possession and look to find gaps and spaces to exploit and attack.
- Win the ball higher up the pitch.

Forwards:
- Law generally holds position up top and creates space for others, while also getting on the end of passes and scoring himself.
- Pele in more of a free role dropping deeper to build possession in some phases, while playing further up front, dragging defenders away and scoring.

Midfield:
- Masopust plays through the middle as the point player and plays one-twos with the others while progressing through the center and arriving in the box.
- Xavi plays his usual right midfield role that he played for Barca.
- Seedorf plays the Wijnaldum role and acts as the extra man in both offensive and defensive boxes.
- Cambiasso at the base of midfield and he starts off attacks from deeper. Slots between the CBs at times when in possession.

Defence:
- Fullbacks push further up the pitch in attack.
- CBs are both good on the ball and both should be good fits for the tactic.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
For Elegencia, woud have liked to see Seeler on the right wing, currenty, the right side looks handicapped.

For Himannv, think the midfied 3 shoud be as below -

Masopust-Xavi-Seedorf

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Trent Alexander Arnold is my favourite player since I have watched him a lot during a few years but his weakness everyone has known it about his out of positions during the game and Van Dijk always covers him almost every matches.This match he will have to fight against one of the hell dribbler Sivori and Cabrini as supporter in left.Woww.....and he can't join the attack like he should too because he must be focus on defend against my Italian(Sivori played for Italian at WC62 ) for sure.

Imagine Omar.....

Igor Akinfeev.....he is great goalkeeper for sure but always make a lot of silly mistakes.He is not Dasayev,Yashin or even Rudekov.

Another problem is your fullbacks are very attacking-mind,If they are out of position especially my Trent,how would you deal with this?
Cambiasso alone can't cover some holes on the flank.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

It can be this during the game for a flexibility,Ronaldo and Seeler can exchange position during the game.Especially I plan Ronaldo(R9) in the rw position to play against Zambrotta.
He humilated some great lb too.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I thought that skizzo v Michael game was confusing but this is even more bamboozling. What’s the rationale for no right flank GE? And why is Xavi on the right when the other two can play wide?

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I thought that skizzo v Michael game was confusing but this is even more bamboozling. What’s the rationale for no right flank GE? And why is Xavi on the right when the other two can play wide?
I plan Ronaldo as half rw and half striker that mean he can be in penalty box a lot of times to do his thing scoring and another thing he can dribbles in the flank too.
Seeler and Ronaldo can exchange the position between striker and flank everytime during the game.

My defensive line(including goalkeeper) is stronger than @Himannv for sure and that can be decide in this game too.Pele and Law are so dangerous and It would be not easy job to deal with both of them but Ronaldo and Uwe combo in the front would make their defensive line in trouble more than Pele and Law do against my defensive line.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
that second formation looks much better @General_Elegancia , have few questions though.
  • High line but that inspiration side from Juve didnt play a high line from what i know, always want to pick Scirea for the high line but that puts me off a bit considering he is most often an early pick.
  • Vidic troubles against pacey strikers are overblown massively but he isnt someone that would excel in that, if anything all his best qualities would be underused
  • can you tell more about Ancheta?
  • Ardiles role is strange.
  • Also, that Santos compilation of Seeler has nothing to do with reality. Saying that, brilliant player and a great use of him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Kinda on the fence here. Himannv's team looks incredibly solid throughout with a dreamy front two, Xavi in a good company in the middle & Kohler leading the backline... but then Trent & Mascherano is the weakest point in any team and General's team would be able to overload that flank without any problem.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
that second formation looks much better @General_Elegancia , have few questions though.
  • High line but that inspiration side from Juve didnt play a high line from what i know, always want to pick Scirea for the high line but that puts me off a bit considering he is most often an early pick.
  • Vidic troubles against pacey strikers are overblown massively but he isnt someone that would excel in that, if anything all his best qualities would be underused
  • can you tell more about Ancheta?
  • Ardiles role is strange.
  • Also, that Santos compilation of Seeler has nothing to do with reality. Saying that, brilliant player and a great use of him.
Inspiration from Trapattoni’s Juve is not about method it’s only about positioning details.My defender situations can only set up to be similar Trapattoni’s Juve since Djalma Santos was injured so the rest are only Moore,Vidic,Cabrini and Ancheta.
Ancheta was not a natural rb in his playing days,he was a right-center back who can played right back so I take this advantage to form my team.It can be like this when come to comparison.

Cabrini-Cabrini
Scirea-Moore
Brio-Vidic(stopper)
Gentile-Ancheta(half right back and center back)

In this game I plan my defender to play high defensive line for only sometimes,when high line and pressing my defender will be back4 like this.

Ancheta Moore Vidic Cabrini

My defense tactics will be high line mix with ”Zoan mista
”(which is my defenders favour).So it will not make problem to Vidic.
Moore will have some freedom to join the attack or make a great passes.

Ardiles…..his role in playing days made me curious too
.He could be something like right-central midfielder,right defensive holding midfielder,holding midfielder or central midfielder.In mundial 78 he played as right central midfielder but in Spurs he played defensive holding midfielder(Spurs brought him for solving problem in defensive weakness).In 82 World Cup he played as a central defensive holding midfielder,so I plan him as a right defensive holding midfielder.He plays deeper than Van Hanegem in paper.

his World Cup 82 role

his wc 78 role

Van Hanegem-b2b midfileder(more offensive role)
Ardiles-right defensive holding midfielder(more defensive role)

And not concern about Ardiles work rate too,he ran like a hell during WC78 and 82 and during his Spurs days.Van Hangem played hard and tough….everyone knows.
Both Ardiles and Van Hangem are great at ball-playing skills too.So I don’t see a problem when both were pressed by the opponents and both of them can start attack from the back too(due to great ball skills).That part I took inspiration from Happle’s tactics,one of his tactics during his days in Holland was built up from the back so skillful cm/cam like Van Hanegem,Ardiles is necessary and can make my team better.

Last edited:

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
So, I'm not convinced by the role of Ardilles here. From what I've seen of him, he's definitely someone I expect to play further forward and not in a holding role. @General_Elegancia any videos or information on him playing a holding role like this one?

Another concern I have is that the zonamista is really not balanced at all and you need that right sided presence who will predominantly play as a winger, but also perform as a fullback in the defensive phase. I look at that lineup and it's clearly missing such a player.

I'm also not convinced by the high line tactic with those personnel and against a possession based side like mine that will boss the midfield for most part.
Just so tired from the work....now I have a time.
On Ardiles role.....I'm still confuse too.Before this draft I watched some matches about during WC78 and 82 and I found that he had two different versions.In 78 he played more offensive role maybe even right central midfielder(with more defensive duties than normal cmf).So @Himannv you're right at this point.

In this picture he was so young only 26 years old so he played more like B2B and Gallego played at pure dmf(great player).

But......he can played at dmf too and he played so great,I even feel more impressive on him in this role at WC82.He can be use at holding defensive midfielder for sure since he had great ball playing skills(that is required so much to play at this position),great work rate and defensive skills.

Argentina 82....Ossie was 30 years old at that time,he had less endurance than his 78 version and god of football came to this squad.So he removed to defensive midfielder.

Conclusion:I plan Ardiles role as the mix between his78 box to box version and his 82 defensive midfielder version.He will play at his favor right midfielder that combine between box to box and pure dmf,he will do more defensive duties than Van Hanegem and he can use his great ball skills to build up the attack from the back.He can join in the attack sometimes too.I don't concern his stamina ,his stamina (even in 82) is great enough to do that.

Maybe in an easy way you can call his role a box to box that has more defensive duties than his partner(Van Hanegem).

On Zona Mista,becuase the injury of Djalma Santos in this game so I have a trouble with that too.It's not easy to plan without Djalma(very diificult) since I don't have another rwb/rb so I decide to play Zona-Mista due to I have 3 center-backs in my team and I have seen that Atilio Ancheta played sometimes at rb too.So I think it's not the best choice sure but I don't have any plan due to my squad.

Vidic and Ancheta are my stopper and Ancheta will be the half of stopper and rb(like Gentile and Bergomi),not Ancheta's best role but I don't have other choices.
Moore will be sweeper and will command my backline.
Cabrini is Cabrini......a complete wingback.

@Himannv

Last edited:

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Thoughts on Vidic in a high line?

In this game it will be Zona Mista mix with high line not highline 100percents.But if Billy Costacurta(a slow defender) can play high line with Baresi
,I can see Vidic play in high line.AC Milan late 80s until 90s played high line,Baresi was commanding the back4 during the games and Billy played as stopper role.

Today Liverpool backline too….play high line.Matip(who is a slow player and inferior player to Costacurta and Vidic)does stopper and VVD commands the backline.

My team roles will be like this when play high line Moore-commanding defender,Vidic-stopper role.Moore will command the backline when play highline

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
:lol: This has been such a good draft so far. Unusual mixture of GOAT fest and gaping holes/odd usage of players. Kudos to GSTQ.

Feel a bit sorry for Himannv here, as it's unfortunate for him that GE's incredibly lopsided system actually ends up with an army of skilful dribblers liable to attack Trent over the course of the match. Unsexy as he is, especially at CB, I don't actually think Mascherano is a bad choice at covering against nimble types like Enzo and Sivori though. That Seedorf and Xavi switch seems a must though.

Looking at their respective squads, I wonder if General might have been better off playing Voinov instead of Enzo or Sivori for a more robust 4-3-3:
Jennings
Ancheta Vidic Moore Cabrini
Ardiles Voinov Wim
Seeker R9 Enzo/Sivori
I know virtually nothing about Voinov in fairness (maybe @harms can enlighten me) but if he's a competent defensive presence then that looks a fair bit more robust and, with Ardiles' ability to contribute in wide areas, less lopsided too.

Himannv

So, I'm not convinced by the role of Ardilles here. From what I've seen of him, he's definitely someone I expect to play further forward and not in a holding role. @General_Elegancia any videos or information on him playing a holding role like this one?

Another concern I have is that the zonamista is really not balanced at all and you need that right sided presence who will predominantly play as a winger, but also perform as a fullback in the defensive phase. I look at that lineup and it's clearly missing such a player.

I'm also not convinced by the high line tactic with those personnel and against a possession based side like mine that will boss the midfield for most part.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Went for He-man here narrowly, particularly after the tactical swap. Having picked him before myself I'm quite sympathetic to the TAA selection. He'll undoubtedly run into big problems defensively here, but Seedorf offers robust cover to prevent that flank being wide open, and he's a great source of delivery for Law and Pele.