DP Draft - R1: Physiocrat vs Jim Beam

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't particularly like @Jim Beam team. I have no time for Leandro (personal peeves), Carvalho looks odd anchoring a defensive trio, I'm not sure the midfield four gel well, never rated Kempes as highly as others do...

@Physiocrat is far easier on the eye, I'd prefer Benarrivo right and that's about it until I see three men in midfield that I rate highly but can't see working at all.

Looks like a high-scoring game to me which ultimately will not boil down to firepower but which side has any capability of getting a hold of the game and exerting some control. Can't see how Physio stops Jim destroying his midfield over and over again.

And yes @Šjor Bepo however much I love Scholes, if you stuck the angry bearded Italian (no, not Pirlo) the unit would work better, I would go back to penetration and firepower and hand it over to Physio.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If you are talking about Gattuso, can you please instantly switch that vote of yours to Physio. Much appreciated!!

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
@Edgar Allan Pillow @antohan

How would you have liked the midfield if it was -

Nedved--Liedholm
---------DM----------
I feel that really impressive since you have b2b who have 2 lungs like Nedved who can run for you all the game and Liedholm who can conduct the tempo of your team.Any types of your DM can fit it perfectly,I think especially Jose Pirri(not in your team) is an impressive fit for this set up.

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

Nedved--Liedholm
---------DM----------
You've lost Tigana there, but it could work better. The other one is bound to confuse the players as much as us armchair managers.

I think the bottomline is you already have Nedved so not sure you need a Scholes or Liedholm... actually thinking back to that midfield @harms had a few drafts ago: give me Mendieta and Dunga with Nedved, with the rest of your setup, and I'd probably vote you the next 2-3 rounds regardless of upgrades.

Pretty sure Mendieta and Dunga would have been more "gettable" than Scoles and Tigana so it's not like I'm calling for Rijkaard or Matthäus.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Well played @Jim Beam

You had a really clean side and appreciate that you didn't keep ramming home that I had Tim Howard in goal

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Nedved--Liedholm
---------DM----------
In principle, I'm a bit wary of having too many playmakers in the middle. Only very few teams (Total Football, Tiki Taka, Brazil '82) have pulled it off with any level of success. It's quite hard to pull that off with a normal/direct 4-3-3.

I don't really see need for both Nedved and Nils in there. You already have Ronaldinho who again will drift to the middle often!