Draft About Nothing - R1: Indnyc vs Zlatan

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

vs

Indy
World Cup Finalist Marcos Rojo at left back

Arsenal Legend Duncan Rocastle at right wing

Cruyff plays a free role with support from Van Hanegem and Edwards from midfield. Schulz and Hummels will step up and bring playmaking ability from back

Zlatan
I’m going for a 433, a solid centre back pairing of butcher and costacurta, no nonsense taken with the additional shield of rijkaard, he will be doing his utmost to stop Cruyff getting a seconds space and stopping his play making abilities as best as possible.

Either side of the centre backs is one of the best attacking full backs of all time in Djalma santos and a fantastic utility player Paul madely, that has come in handy for my team since Lahm was suspended.

Djalma will provide extra width down the one flank, madely, having played in every position apart from goal keeper in his career will provide width down the left, being no stranger to defence or the left wing.

Giving extra cover in midfield, as I think rijkaard will have his work cut out anyway, Stefan Effenberg and joe Allen. Effernberg playing an all action box to box role closing all avenues and harrying the oppo midfield, again, no shit taken. Joe Allen, also a tough battler but also with the ability to pick out and ping balls to either flank or over the top, and he has more than willing runners in brolin and neymar. Don’t let brolins now fat stature fool you, he could play.

Rooney will lead the line, will be able to drop deeper to afford neymar more space and make the runs and drag defenders while brolin is on his dribbles. The front 3 easily Interchangeable all with the ability to play across the front pulling defenders apart and using some quick intricate football.

Good luck @indy, all the best

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
First impressions are that indys defence is gonna have a torrid time. Rojo is a liability at left back, Garunteed a couple of bookings trying to stop brolin and Santos.
Hummels turns like a bought so neymar would target that with madely overlapping

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/25/paul-madeley-obituary

This is a good read on madeley, sorry it’s a news article and orbituary
He played in every position for leads during his 15 or so year stint there, more so towards defence in his later parts of career, however he played on the left wing vs Juventus in a cup semi final and got the crucial goal from there.
So he’s no stranger to defence or the left, I think he’d do a great job as left back here for me

Indnyc

@Indnyc Any information on Gray and Rocastle
Eddie Gray is the guy that made the great Leeds team attack tick, he had the pace and dribbling skills that were unmatched in the league. Voted the 3rd greatest Leeds player of all time, he tormented defenders. Don Revie once said, He is perfect for both creating as well as scoring goals in the team.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/...nd-eddie-gray-the-man-who-left-no-footprints/

David Rocastle

https://rocastle.football.london/

Indnyc

I made a mistake in the name of the player.. David Rocastle not Duncan :wenger:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Some great Eddie Gray goals -

More great Gray footage-

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Rijkaard against Cruyff there would decide the game 10 out of 10 times. A battle for the ages :drool:

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Apart from Cruyff and Edwards, man for man I think I’m winning al over the pitch.
Come on, what or how are those two wide forwards getting past my wing backs, Rocastle ffs.

also got Rojo who would be torn a new one and the tug boat Hummels trying to catch up with neymar. It makes no sense.

yes Cruyff is in the middle but mark him out of the game and it’s done. Baffled by this tbh

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Apart from Cruyff and Edwards, man for man I think I’m winning al over the pitch.
Come on, what or how are those two wide forwards getting past my wing backs, Rocastle ffs.

also got Rojo who would be torn a new one and the tug boat Hummels trying to catch up with neymar. It makes no sense.

yes Cruyff is in the middle but mark him out of the game and it’s done. Baffled by this tbh
I had a look at Brolin on a few videos and wasn't at all impressed (yes, this is before he got fat) so whilst Rojo was a bit of a liability at LB Brolin doesn't seem best suited to exploit him.

I was very impressed with what I saw of Gray and think him and Cruyff will be incredibly difficult to stop being provided for by van Hanegem. That said you wouldn't want Hummels in a particularly high line.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't know what the score is but the lazy Allen pick is probably costing you a bit. From what I remember, there were a lot of decent picks available in that round.
nope, someone under five foot! It wasn’t lazy, I genuinely struggled to find someone

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I had a look at Brolin on a few videos and wasn't at all impressed (yes, this is before he got fat) so whilst Rojo was a bit of a liability at LB Brolin doesn't seem best suited to exploit him.

I was very impressed with what I saw of Gray and think him and Cruyff will be incredibly difficult to stop being provided for by van Hanegem. That said you wouldn't want Hummels in a particularly high line.
that’s fair. Ok mate thank you

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Can see your wingers getting the better of Indnyc's full-backs. Midfield is a problem though because you'd assume Rijkaard and Cruyff will be fighting their own battle, which gives Van Hanegem and Edwards a platform against Allen and Effenberg.

Hard to separate IMO, can't really see either team scoring.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
nope, someone under five foot! It wasn’t lazy, I genuinely struggled to find someone
I think Bremner, Johnstone, Kante and Littbarski were picked by the managers after you. There were many better players.

GodShaveTheQueen

Oh ok, I thought you were busy. We did pick Bremner after you, Indy picked Kante afterwards too. Both would have made it a tasty battle, especially in the eyes of someone like me who rates Effenberg very high.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Kante and Bremner that much better? I don’t think so. Don’t know enough about the other two to comment.

Kante is more a defensive mid who will just dog. I already had rijkaard to stay back, Effenberg to dog, Allen is more creative than those you mention. I stand by my pick tbh

GodShaveTheQueen

Kante and Bremner that much better? I don’t think so. Don’t know enough about the other two to comment.

Kante is more a defensive mid who will just dog. I already had rijkaard to stay back, Effenberg to dog, Allen is more creative than those you mention. I stand by my pick tbh
Fair enough mate. I like all of it except the Allen bit. Can imagine people treating him like a rich man's sheep in an all time context.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fair enough mate. I like all of it except the Allen bit. Can imagine people treating him like a rich man's sheep in an all time context.
maybe so, but it was a tough draft, you just have to look at my opposition, Rojo, Hummels, Rocastle, sheep if I’ve ever seen them for an all time draft

GodShaveTheQueen

maybe so, but it was a tough draft, you just have to look at my opposition, Rojo, Hummels, Rocastle, sheep if I’ve ever seen them for an all time draft
True, it's very close.

It's just that the diamond of Cruyff, Hanegem, Edwards and Kante is really eye catchy. Can imagine the average scan voter voting instantly just by that.

@Indnyc should thank me for breaking that Cruyff deal :D

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So, if rijkaard and Cruyff have their own battle, where is Indy creativity and goals coming from?

be nice to know

Indnyc

So, if rijkaard and Cruyff have their own battle, where is Indy creativity and goals coming from?

be nice to know
Wan Hanegem, Edwards, Gray.. I actually like the role for Hanegem here

I understand the Allen pick but he hasn’t really achieved anything in his career that Rojofor example hasn’t achieved.. Both pretty much sheeps for the purpose of an all time (even if heavily blocked) draft..

The only thing imo that is different is that my midfield should theoretically overwhelm him while Rojo has it slightly easier against Brolin (comparatively)

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Wan Hanegem, Edwards, Gray.. I actually like the role for Hanegem here

I understand the Allen pick but he hasn’t really achieved anything in his career that Rojofor example hasn’t achieved.. Both pretty much sheeps for the purpose of an all time (even if heavily blocked) draft..

The only thing imo that is different is that my midfield should theoretically overwhelm him while Rojo has it slightly easier against Brolin (comparatively)
fair points mate :)